Tournaments this week

Covid Over in England

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Covid Over in England

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 04, 2022 3:32 pm

curiously, of a sudden, covid has disappeared from Ukraine. No one is talking about it. No one is wearing mask.... not even in the crowded metro station, .... nowhere.
Covid doesn't like war zones. It's the first to run away.
Now we know the solution: do something big and dramatic in the country to take people's mind off covid. Et voila. Covid gone!!!

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Sat 05, 2022 2:06 am

Or instead of something dramatic, simple get more than 90% of your adult population triple-vaccinated (and most kids too), like in Belgium
From Monday onwards, back to normal here. No more showing vaccine-certificate, no more masks.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Well, that's another way. there is no "one solution fits all".

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Sat 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Vaccination is a solution that fits all.

Hongkong vs Belgium in March 2022… same Omicron, similar infection numbers…
Belgium: empty ICU,s
Hong Kong: hospitals near full capacity, full of elderly, unvaccinated people…

I wonder why there is a difference… oh wait… I know.. 😂😂
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Mar Sun 06, 2022 6:30 pm

Numbers mean nothing because they can easily be manipulated.

Suddenly blue states are dropping their mandates, are the number suddenly improving or is it because its a election year and polls show that mandates are unpopular .

Grav are still wearing your mask?????

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 07, 2022 8:44 am

India. 1 Billion people. 50% vaccinate. And people are no longer dying in mass.
This is a nasty seasonal flu. People's immune system are getting used to it.
Get the weak ones vaccinated, just as they need flu vaccine. That's it.
Don't force people to get covid vaccine, the same way you don't force people to get flu vaccine.
Glad all the restrictions are finally been removed.
Sorry for those who got vaccinated. In a couple of years, some will experience the ugly side effects.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Joylan1 wrote:
Mar Sun 06, 2022 6:30 pm
Numbers mean nothing because they can easily be manipulated.

Suddenly blue states are dropping their mandates, are the number suddenly improving or is it because its a election year and polls show that mandates are unpopular .

Grav are still wearing your mask?????
No, Graveller not wearing mask anymore. All measures lifted here (one exception: public transport).
Triple vaccination keeps everyone out of ICU it seems.

In Hong Kong, on the other hand, the same Omicron causes havoc amongst the non-vaccinated.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Mar Mon 07, 2022 8:44 am
India. 1 Billion people. 50% vaccinate. And people are no longer dying in mass.
This is a nasty seasonal flu. People's immune system are getting used to it.
Don't force people to get covid vaccine, the same way you don't force people to get flu vaccine.
Glad all the restrictions are finally been removed.
Sorry for those who got vaccinated. In a couple of years, some will experience the ugly side effects.
I agree that my immune system got used to it… but I did it through vaccination. My antibodies are exactly the same as those who got COVID unvaccinated. The only difference is that I did not push my body through an unnecessary illness.

As for your statement on ugly side effects: what ingredient of the vaccine will cause them? Or it it a made-up statement and you have no idea? The only thing thing left in my body are the antibodies it triggered. If they will cause nasty side effects, then those antibodies will cause them too in unvaccinated people who got COVID.

There is more and more evidence that serious COVID-illness caused a wide range of long-term irreversible adverse effects. And I am not talking about hospital-level illness: even the milder cases that only kept people in bed for a week are now dealing with some long-term side effects.

You are apparently afraid of long-term effects of the vaccine (for which there is not a single piece of evidence), but you are very relaxed with regard to long-term effects after serious infection. Remember a new virus in the seventies only causing a mild cold for a few days… but on average causing AIDS 5 years later.

Every day we learn more about this NEW virus. I just read this, for example:
“ Damage to brain cells and cognitive dysfunction can occur even with “mild” cases of Covid-19, according to a new study. The paper which has been uploaded on preprint server bioRxiv, but has not yet undergone peer review, presents new concerning information about the effect of Covid-19 infection on the brain.”
It has not been peer-reviewed yet, but your assertion that it will be nothing more than a nasty flu, may come back to haunt you. As I said, it is a new virus, so we have no idea if it affects the body.

And believe it or not; while typing this, there is a topic on the BBC on long-lasting effects effects on the brain: apparently there is evidence of reduced brain size up to 2%, and impact on cognitive performance, even after a mild disease.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Mar Mon 07, 2022 8:44 am

Don't force people to get covid vaccine.
Ok, but on one condition: that everybody collectively protects each other until a vaccine is developed when a new virus emerges, and everyone who want to be vaccinated, has the opportunity.

So no moaning about quarantine and wearing masks until that is achieved. After that, you do what you want.

Now, here in Belgium, we are free again with >90% triple-vaccinated. I had a small cold two weeks ago, nothing serious. Did not test myself, did not isolate, did not see a doctor. Maybe it was COVID,… maybe I infected an unvaccinated person. Maybe that person will get seriously ill or die. Well, I could not care less. That person had the opportunity to protect himself, but refused. Not my problem anymore. Zero empathy towards anti-vaxxers. And most vaccinated people think like that. So unvaccinated people should not count on us to keep them safe. They are on their own.