Tournaments this week

Coronavirus

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: Coronavirus

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Despite two previous negative results, Ivanisevic is now positive.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Fri 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Oh Lord, that's my boyfriend and he's older :( Dangerous for him!!

Stupid!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Fri 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jun Fri 26, 2020 2:17 pm
The blame-game begins.
It appears Theim is blaming the Serbs, while Djokivic's parents are blaming Dmitrov.

Beat the shytt out of all of them!!

Thiem is bad news ~ His name always pops up with controversy!! He's starting to get on my nerves; with is short ass self :roll:

I'll never cheer for him again!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Fri 26, 2020 2:42 pm

I can come out of retirement at any time (kick ass queen)!!

:P

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sat 27, 2020 11:14 am

Perhaps Novak isn't so paranoid after all.

“There Are a Bunch of People Who Are Very Happy to Weaken Him” – Former World No.6 Defends Novak Djokovic

Gilles Simon came out in support of Novak Djokovic, in the wake of controversies surrounding the Adria Tour.Simon highlighted Djokovic's contributions off the court, and said that he was being criticized unfairly.

In an interview with Tennis Break News, French veteran Gilles Simon spoke out about the lingering uncertainty surrounding the US Open in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. The Frenchman also came out in defence of Novak Djokovic, saying that the criticism directed at the World No. 1 has been excessive.

Simon paid special attention to Noah Rubin's harsh words about Novak Djokovic and his ill-fated Adria Tour, which had to be cancelled after four players - Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric, Viktor Troicki and Djokovic himself - tested positive for COVID-19.

Gilles Simon expressed surprise at the controversy Novak Djokovic's Adria Tour has generated despite the good intentions behind the charity event. Simon said that it is unfair to put the blame entirely on Novak Djokovic for all the positive COVID-19 cases at the Adria Tour, and that the criticism may have been fueled by vested interests.

"There are a bunch of people who are very happy to weaken Djokovic because it takes up space," Simon said. "They will accuse Djokovic by saying that it is entirely his fault and that it will be better organised on their side. Because they don't want this thing to affect their tournament. It is not trivial, it does not happen by chance."

"He's someone very nice to only take it out on himself," Simon added. "It is complicated to decide on the repercussions of all this because it is only politics."

Gilles Simon then spoke about Noah Rubin, casting doubt over the American's objective behind devoting an entire page to criticize Novak Djokovic.

“The first wave of criticism against Djokovic, it is very revealing," Simon said. "Since when Noah Rubin has a whole page to demolish Djokovic? This is not the first guy, you say to yourself: 'We absolutely need the opinion of Noah Rubin [laughs]'. The American influence that we have here in France, the Americans also have at home."

Gilles Simon also offered his perspective on Novak Djokovic's absence during the ATP's Zoom call with other players, where the roadmap for the rest of the 2020 season was discussed.

In this respect, Simon once again tore into Noah Rubin for launching a tirade against Novak Djokovic without having full knowledge on the topic.

“Noah Rubin criticized him for not being present at this Zoom meeting," Simon said. "But Djokovic spent 1,500 hours on the phone on this case without Rubin knowing it. Rubin accuses him of not being there in the final conference when he had discussed all the subjects with everyone beforehand."

Pointing out that Novak Djokovic has done a lot for lower-ranked players on the tour, Simon said that there would always be some who oppose him because they lack long-term vision.

"Novak did a lot more for Noah Rubin than a lot of other guys, but he decided he didn't like him because he was not at the conference which summed up all the meetings he had," Simon said. "This is the problem we have with some players. When you can give the floor to anyone, you will always find guys who disagree and who do not have an overall vision because they haven't been on the circuit for too long."

Simon further said that Novak Djokovic stands to gain nothing even if the prize money in qualifying for the US Open is doubled, yet he is still blasted for expressing reservations about his participation in the tournament.

"It won't change Novak's life even if we double the prize money in qualifying for the last Grand Slam of the year, but he is still criticized (for saying that he may not play the US Open)."

Gilles Simon explained that since Novak Djokovic tries to do a lot of things, both on and off the court, it annoys a lot of people. According to the Frenchman, the USTA in particular are unhappy about the World No. 1's reluctance to play the tournament because that would go against their personal interests.

"As Novak tries to do a lot of things, it annoys a lot of people .. and right now, it annoys the USTA who want to organize the tournament. They try to reassure everyone but when you have the World No. 1 who says 'No, no we are not playing under these conditions', they are not happy."

The Frenchman also expressed bemusement about how Novak Djokovic's uncertainty over playing the US Open has had American players slamming the Serb.

"It's very amazing to see American players dependent on Novak Djokovic because he said he didn't want to play at their place. We have a whole group that says 'no but we have to play at home absolutely'."

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Sat 27, 2020 10:31 pm

My My!!

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jun Sun 28, 2020 4:27 pm

It's nice to see that not everybody is acting a fool over the virus. These players are young and healthy they will recover.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 28, 2020 10:04 pm

It's good to get Corona and be done with it. Immunized. Yeahhhhhhhhh

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Mon 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Ace,

The antibodies don't last; only works for about two months then you can catch it a second; third, etc... As I understand, each time it attacks different organs (lungs, heart, neurological systems is the last stage). That's why people are having heart attacks and strokes!! Hard as the devil to get a hold on!!!!!

Be careful!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Nick Kyrgios blasts 'doughnut' Boris Becker in Twitter spat over Alexander Zverev party footage

Nick Kyrgios and Boris Becker traded insults on social media on Tuesday following the Australian's criticism of Alexander Zverev after a video appeared to show the German dancing in a crowded club despite the coronavirus pandemic.

Zverev said last week he would self-isolate after playing in Novak Djokovic's ill-fated Adria Tour exhibition tournament in Serbia and Croatia, which had to be abandoned after numerous players tested positive for the coronavirus.

Kyrgios on Monday called Zverev, the men's world No. 7, "selfish," prompting a rebuke from commentator and former six-time Grand Slam champion Becker.

"We all live in the pandemic called #Covid_19! It's terrible and it killed to many lives...we should protect our families/loved ones and follow the guidelines but still don't like #rats @NickKyrgios," Becker said on Twitter.

Australian Nick Kyrgios traded barbs with tennis legend Boris Becker on social media.
Kyrgios was prompt in his reply: "Rats? For holding someone accountable? Strange way to think of it champion, I'm just looking out for people. When my family and families all over the world have respectfully done the right thing. And you have a goose waving his arms around, imma say something.

"For goodness sake Boris, I'm not competing or trying to throw anyone under the bus. It's a global pandemic and if someone is as idiotic as Alex to do what he has done, I'll call him out for it. Simple."

Zverev, 23, took part in Djokovic's event, which saw crowds packed into stands in Belgrade while players hugged at the net and played basketball in Croatia. The German player said he and his team had tested negative.

The Australian continued: "@TheBorisBecker is a bigger doughnut than I thought ... can hit a volley, obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed though."

Boris Becker

@TheBorisBecker · 8h
I really would like to se @NickKyrgios fulfill his potential and win a grandslam! He would be an incredible role model for for the youth of the world addressing the issues of equality/race/heritage! Man up buddy and deliver! @atptour @ITF_Tennis

Nicholas Kyrgios ✔
@NickKyrgios
Why are you now talking about tennis? It has nothing to do with tennis? How about the dude who you are defending mans up and gives us some sort of explanation? Not another average management apology.

5:47 AM - Jun 30, 2020

Becker responded: "I really would like to see @NickKyrgios fulfill his potential and win a grand slam! He would be an incredible role model for for the youth of the world addressing the issues of equality/race/heritage! Man up buddy and deliver!"

Kyrgios came back and said: "Why are you now talking about tennis? It has nothing to do with tennis? How about the dude who you are defending mans up and gives us some sort of explanation? Not another average management apology."

Kyrgios had previously criticised the organisers of the Balkan event and hit out at governing bodies for their plans to restart professional tennis during the pandemic.