Skan for AO2020 up and running!!

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Skan for AO2020 up and running!!

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 15, 2020 8:50 am

Ace2Ace did some past-midnight coding to get it working again, so the problem is fixed. Teams can be submitted.

I saw somewhere that there was a comment (was it PeterSkan?) that mytiwtiw could not post a team anymore because of a ban.
Honestly, if I believed that Mytiwtiw would stop his racist comments (I can deal with his Sharapova-adoration... barely...) I would advocate his return. But I doubt it, so I leave it entirely up to Ace to decide whether a ban should be lifted or not.
He will only stop (maybe) after Serena/Venus/Maria have retired... and even then....

But if he wants to participate (in case he reads this), he can always make an account at tennisforum and post a team in the Skan-thread over there. If he names his team "mytiwtiw" and puts Sharapova in his team, we will know it is him, and add him to the Skan.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: Skan for AO2020 up and running!!

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 16, 2020 6:29 am

I totally have to rethink my team. WTA is a mess.

Bencic has to go, because her performance vs Collins was bad.
Secondly, Osaka and Serena are in the same quarter, and their section is bad. My current team would be lucky to see on SF in the WTA. and you need at least two to win.

But the rest of the WTA is crap too. Maybe Barty is an option if she wins Adelaide,but she is in the top section too. But who to pick as #3? all decent options have a crap draw full of pitfalls into week #2. Rybakina is again in the SF, but she is expected to meet Barty in R3.
Kenin? Meets Osaka in R4
Pliskova from the bottom half? Then you can't pick Osaka or Barty, unless you drop Serena...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jan Sat 18, 2020 9:24 am

Have there really only been 6 total entries? Seems odd that absolutely no one has entered over the past few days ...
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Sat 18, 2020 2:06 pm

I added the teams posted at tennisforum; we are now at 23 teams.

Not sure if some promotion of the Skan was done at other forums and sites (I am not the one who has done that in the past).

Still about 28 hours to go... I will post another reminder at tennisforum later this evening.

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jan Sat 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanks, Grav. I posted it at TAT, but there's virtually no entries there. But this will help.
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jan Sat 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks for the reminder - looking at the players below the inputs -
Wawrinka is listed as both #15 & #37

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Sat 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Yes, need to go through the whole list at the end to get rid of all the mistakes...

For Wawrinka, it is 15

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Sat 18, 2020 5:28 pm

PeterSkan wrote:
Jan Sat 18, 2020 3:06 pm
Thanks, Grav. I posted it at TAT, but there's virtually no entries there. But this will help.
Hey SkanCan,

They banned me, lol lol lol, for something I said on ESPN ~ Not fair, but who gives a s.h.i.t.!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Sat 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Wed 15, 2020 8:50 am
Ace2Ace did some past-midnight coding to get it working again, so the problem is fixed. Teams can be submitted.

I saw somewhere that there was a comment (was it PeterSkan?) that mytiwtiw could not post a team anymore because of a ban.
Honestly, if I believed that Mytiwtiw would stop his racist comments (I can deal with his Sharapova-adoration... barely...) I would advocate his return. But I doubt it, so I leave it entirely up to Ace to decide whether a ban should be lifted or not.
He will only stop (maybe) after Serena/Venus/Maria have retired... and even then....

But if he wants to participate (in case he reads this), he can always make an account at tennisforum and post a team in the Skan-thread over there. If he names his team "mytiwtiw" and puts Sharapova in his team, we will know it is him, and add him to the Skan.

Please allow my buddy Twit to participate!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jan Sat 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Okay, I'm going for Gold ...