Tournaments this week

USO OOP....Day 9...9/3/19

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: USO OOP....Day 9...9/3/19

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 03, 2019 10:53 pm

An injury? Rojay is way too close to the final not to want to win. Medvedev is injured.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Wed 04, 2019 7:03 am

An no one in the Skan selected Dimitrov ...

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Sep Wed 04, 2019 7:27 am

Roger was out for a while with a back injury, so it appears he tweaked it again :(

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Wed 04, 2019 9:03 am

Roger's post-match interview is not up on the USO site as yet, for I want to see and read what he had to say about his performance. It was brutal, buttressed by this report from a columnist at the ESPN site that made this observation with an abbreviated visual excerpt from his post-match presser.......Federer kept contributing to Dimitrov's cause, missing shots this way and that, long or wide or into the net, which is just what I previously stated.... Roger played like a 38 year old player past his prime who has stayed too long. He was way slow than Grigor and his errors and lack of execution were dismally bad. Never have seen him like that. Not panicking as yet, for he's still top-3. But, this may be a forerunner to his demise, retiring at the end of the Olympic year like I believe the Sisters will with Venus all ready out of it.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... er-us-open

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Wed 04, 2019 9:19 am

rex wrote:
Sep Wed 04, 2019 9:03 am
Roger's post-match interview is not up on the USO site as yet, for I want to see and read what he had to say about his performance. It was brutal, buttressed by this report from a columnist at the ESPN site that made this observation with an abbreviated visual excerpt from his post-match presser.......Federer kept contributing to Dimitrov's cause, missing shots this way and that, long or wide or into the net. Which is just what I previously stated.... Roger played like a 38 year old player past his prime who has stayed too long. He was way slow than Grigor and his errors and lack of execution were dismally bad. Never have seen him like that. Not panicking as yet, for he's still top-3. But, this may be a forerunner to his demise, retiring during the Olympic year like I believe the Sisters will with Venus all ready out of it.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... er-us-open
He lost all three sets to Dmitrov on FH unforced errors and ultimately a 5-setter at QF stage. With Djoko, Stan, Murray all ailing or on the mend, and Rafa closing in on his GS haul, I doubt he's really thinking about retirement unless the back is irretrievably diminished. As for the WS, I think Serena envisions winning 30 GS and Venus 10, so they'll soldier on beyond next year I believe unless the injuries and ailments become too much.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Sep Wed 04, 2019 9:46 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Sep Wed 04, 2019 9:19 am

He lost all three sets to Dmitrov on FH unforced errors and ultimately a 5-setter at QF stage. With Djoko, Stan, Murray all ailing or on the mend, and Rafa closing in on his GS haul, I doubt he's really thinking about retirement unless the back is irretrievably diminished. As for the WS, I think Serena envisions winning 30 GS and Venus 10, so they'll soldier on beyond next year I believe unless the injuries and ailments become too much.
Roger lost those sets beyond the errors he made to end such. He was terribly inept, missing easy volleys, mishitting something awful and his forehands were either hit meekly to the trams, landing softly in such, or wildly landing 15 feet beyond the lines, like Petra K. His backhand did no damage. Only his serve kept him in his service games, the only part of his game he was proficient. As the writer correctly noted and likely others who witnessed this debacle, Federer contributed a lot to Grigor's win. His own performance put him on his personal Lear Jet.

https://www.netjets.com/en-us/roger-federer-private-jet

Yet, giving Roger some space here, his apparent back injury with medical may have contributed to his tennis display, but that came in the 4th. In addition, his demolition of Goffin in his previous match didn't indicate a back injury, tho' he didn't play well in his lst 2 matches here which were replete with spotty play. However, Roger like others won't indicate that he was injured for they don't want to taint a player's victory by alluding to such. So, he just sucks it up and gives credit to the victor.... But, we'll see how the rest of his year and next unfolds. Could be the beginning of the end.

Re Serena, Patrick M. is the idiot talking 30 slam titles, bringing attention to himself. Serena has not made such an absurd intention. Further, if she reaches the final to play either Andreescu or Bencic it's not a gaurantee, but I believe she can dismiss Belinda, for Serena knows how to point construct, unlike the one-dimensional Osaka, she has more power than Belinda even at age 38 and will press the matter on deep returns by coming forward and finishing with volleys near the net. Andreescu is another matter for she does have the power, will press the matter by coming forward and she has a net game, where Serena remains unaccomplished in defending such. Nevertheless, pulling for Serena to get #24 here, but I have reservations, as stated.

Re Venus.....please. She's done and she's just hanging around with her Sister to retire with her in a grand ceremony in NYC. Venus can't win an international, let alone premiers and Slams. If she does win a title, it will come by playing WTT with the other retirees and never-were's.....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Wed 04, 2019 12:44 pm

@ Twitwit
Serena practiced with Dimitrov here at the USO. She gave him a few tips. Now the #78, who, I read, has won only 1 match the entire season before showing up at this USO, is doing great.
The Lady Is A Legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Sep Wed 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Prime example why one must never live by the praise of others. The
one's that praise you today will be the same ones tearing you down tomorrow.