Post by djmm1962 » Aug Sat 17, 2019 1:18 am

I'm not in the mood, Twit!!

Miss Jane Pittman (look it up)!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: VENUS Struggles Against HALEP. Why?

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Sat 17, 2019 1:34 am

Cicily's husband gets me in a "better" mood ~ So smooth & greatest jazz album ever!!

Thanks, Twit :)

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sat 17, 2019 12:28 pm

That match was so sluggish from the getgo and from previous rounds. She's still struggling with her energy levels which those witches are jumping on with gusto.

Venus Williams asking for coffee "ASAP" mid-match is the most relatable sports moment ever

What does America run on? Dunkin'. What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another one. Wanna hear a joke? Decaf. Humanity's fetishization of the rich, roasty elixir is well documented and well earned. Hell, I'm having an overpriced cup as I sit here and write this—a story about Venus Williams, one half of the most dominant sibling duo in tennis history, begging her coach for coffee "like ASAP" during a changeover in her Cincinnati Masters match against Donna Vekic on Thursday. Too often, professional sports and the athletes that populate them can feel completely removed from reality, a different species walking the surface of a distant planet, but this, ladies and gentleman of earth, is as human as you and I.

WTA

@WTA
Players - they're just like us!@Venuseswilliams calls down her coach and requests a midday pick-me-up ☕️#CincyTennis

1:58 PM - Aug 15, 2019

The exchange itself is hilarious, with Venus calling her coach over and mumbling "coffee" at him before he even sits down, clearly aware of the eavesdropping TV mics. Her coach concedes, but wants to deliver an extensive strategy breakdown first as Venus morphs into one of those "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" mugs you buy dad every other Father's Day in real time.

After finishing his extensive, articulate analysis, which we can only assume sounded like that Peanuts adult voice to a caffeine-deprived Venus, he promises to reward her for her attention, saying, "You got this...I'll get you coffee."

"Can I get it like ASAP?" Venus then responds, echoing the sentiments of just about every human body of earth between the hours 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

In the end, the jolt of that good stuff proved decisive, helping Venus to rally from an ugly first-set loss to win 2-6, 6-3, 6-3; a comeback so good it called for a celebratory cup of, well, you know...

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 17, 2019 1:02 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
Aug Sat 17, 2019 1:34 am
Cicily's husband gets me in a "better" mood ~ So smooth & greatest jazz album ever!!
Thanks, Twit :)
55 minutes of great music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! playing in the background...

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sun 18, 2019 7:59 am

My heart stopped when I saw the headline "Richard Williams Dead." Different RW.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 18, 2019 10:27 am

R.Williams, the best coach tennis has ever seen, will know when to say goodbye. It will be somewhere right after a USO or Australian Open. That will give his girls time to retool for the next slam.
Or wait until they both retire. He is a smart man...

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sun 18, 2019 10:57 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sun 18, 2019 10:27 am
R.Williams, the best coach tennis has ever seen, will know when to say goodbye. It will be somewhere right after a USO or Australian Open. That will give his girls time to retool for the next slam.
Or wait until they both retire. He is a smart man...
He had a stroke, right? Now that you said that, it could be the thing adding so much pressure and emotion to Serena in the finals.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 18, 2019 11:07 am

The stroke happened a while back.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sun 18, 2019 11:23 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sun 18, 2019 11:07 am
The stroke happened a while back.
Haven't seen him for awhile, particularly since the divorce.