Tournaments this week

Serena will never win #24

All Tennis, All the Time
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: Serena will never win #24

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Tue 16, 2019 7:04 am

Trump's original German name is Drumpf and he's a dangerous racist conman ~ A true devil on earth!!

Everything about him sucks!!

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Tue 16, 2019 8:31 am

Pyotr wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 5:51 am
Trump I think will win again because the pendulum has been swung so far to the left that I believe many
moderate Democrats and Independents do not recognize what the Democratic Party has become. You
cannot take real concerns of the people and flippantly dismiss them
with ism's and phobia's shutting
down any form of discussion or debate and expect them to vote for you.

I feel the losing side of any Presidential election has to do some self-reflection. Democrats I do not
believe have done that. You can't run off media headlines of "Trump is bad" and "Illegals get free..."
and win. I also believe, not unlike Republicans that Democrats can bank on 2018 mid-term success
as an indication of 2020 like Republicans did with 2010 mid-terms in 2012.
You pointed out the key problem in the West (Europe too):

The (hard) right points outs some problems, exaggerates them, and comes up with unrealistic, bad solutions (at least, solutions that are unacceptable to me)
The response of the left is to deny the problems (or minimise them, and use that a an excuse to ignore them).

So people have to chose between a bad solution and no solution. It is obvious that many people pick the bad solution...
And that is why Trump will win again. There is no credible alternative that can counter his bad solutions...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:26 am

Graveller wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 8:31 am
Pyotr wrote:
Trump I think will win again because the pendulum has been swung so far to the left that I believe many
moderate Democrats and Independents do not recognize what the Democratic Party has become. You
cannot take real concerns of the people and flippantly dismiss them
with ism's and phobia's shutting

I feel the losing side of any Presidential election has to do some self-reflection. Democrats I do not
believe have done that. You can't run off media headlines of "Trump is bad" and "Illegals get free..."
and win. I also believe, not unlike Republicans that Democrats can bank on 2018 mid-term success
You pointed out the key problem in the West (Europe too):

The (hard) right points outs some problems, exaggerates them, and comes up with unrealistic, bad solutions (at least, solutions that are unacceptable to me)
The response of the left is to deny the problems (or minimise them, and use that a an excuse to ignore them).

So people have to chose between a bad solution and no solution. It is obvious that many people pick the bad solution...
And that is why Trump will win again. There is no credible alternative that can counter his bad solutions...
Exactly! I said the same thing about Brexit. And since from Trump to Orban to Salvini to Bolsonaro and
I do believe Trudeau will get bounced and Madame President Le Pen is a real possibility. Love them or
hate them they are obviously speaking to and with the people. Regardless, as you have said if their
solutions may be bad one's.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:42 am

Pyotr wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:26 am
Exactly! I said the same thing about Brexit. And since from Trump to Orban to Salvini to Bolsonaro and I do believe Trudeau will get bounced and Madame President Le Pen is a real possibility. Love them or hate them they are obviously speaking to and with the people. Regardless, as you have said if their solutions may be bad one's.
Those are bunch of right wing racists playing on people's fear. They are no different than Hitler. Maybe they all read Mein Kampf and are ready to implement it.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:45 am

Pyotr wrote:
cannot take real concerns of the people and flippantly dismiss them with ism's and phobia's shutting

Extremes drag each side to the golden mean/middle-ground.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:47 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 9:42 am
Those are bunch of right wing racists playing on people's fear. They are no different than Hitler. Maybe they all read Mein Kampf and are ready to implement it.
It's essential to delve into the root causes of extremism and respond to them. Responding doesn't necessarily mean giving in to it.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:10 am

Trump repeats after David Duke. Nothing anyone can do to change him. There is nothing to delve into.
The only option left is to kick him out of the White House and send him to his right wing fringe groups. They will always exist.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:15 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:10 am
Trump repeats after David Duke. Nothing anyone can do to change him. There is nothing to delve into.
The only option left is to kick him out of the White House and send him to his right wing fringe groups. They will always exist.
These so-called fringe groups are sizeable and getting bigger and mushrooming everywhere. Were the Nazis fringe?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:21 am

Yes. the Nazis were. That's why they were defeated.
The right wing groups are growing everywhere but it's seasonal. It takes different kind of leadership and their ranking will dwindle again. But they are not going anywhere. They have existed throughout history. Nothing new.

With people like Trump in power, of course right wings are going to get embolden. I am sure somewhere someone told Trump's grand father to go back where he came from. Wasn't his mom an Irish immigrant? or was it his grand'ma. Can't remember.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:35 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Tue 16, 2019 10:21 am
Yes. the Nazis were. That's why they were defeated.
The right wing groups are growing everywhere but it's seasonal. It takes different kind of leadership and their ranking will dwindle again. But they are not going anywhere. They have existed throughout history. Nothing new.

With people like Trump in power, of course right wings are going to get embolden. I am sure somewhere someone told Trump's grand father to go back where he came from. Wasn't his mom an Irish immigrant? or was it his grand'ma. Can't remember.
With bombs.