Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: KRYGIOS, Tell Us What You Really Think! lol

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 23, 2019 11:50 am

djmm1962 wrote:
May Thu 23, 2019 11:42 am
*expect*
I think this dude hates himself more than anything. It's weird.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Fri 24, 2019 8:01 am

He pulled out, LOL!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Fri 24, 2019 8:14 am

djmm1962 wrote:
May Fri 24, 2019 8:01 am
He pulled out, LOL!!
Best decision. He knew what was waiting for him so he chickened out. :)

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Fri 24, 2019 8:26 am

The worse kind of coward ~ Make trouble then duck!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Fri 24, 2019 8:53 am

djmm1962 wrote:
May Fri 24, 2019 8:26 am
The worse kind of coward ~ Make trouble then duck!!
Exactly. The guys can't be smart, making that kind of remark just before the French Open.
He doesn't seem to have a filter in his brain.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Fri 24, 2019 10:07 am

Krygios withdrew from RG citing illness.

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior

Post by Skilletsauce » May Tue 28, 2019 7:30 pm

Krygios problem is that he got stuck playing a professional sport he really didn't want to. His passion is basketball and his dream was to play in the NBA, since to him that is the epitome of male athletic prowess. That dream didn't become reality and tennis became his default option. So now he tries to display his all his super dope athletic skills on the tennis court but tennis is more than just athleticism and I don't see him being invested enough to want it.

I don't think Krygios really had any interest in becoming a tennis champion. It's just something he fell into when his dream job didn't pan out and now he just goes out and does enough to remain in the conversation and be the bad boy of tennis. It's a real shame because he is quite talented. There was a Youtube video of him and Monfils having a shoot around on the basketball court and you could really see some of his gifts during the game.

Perdida
Regular
Regular

Post by Perdida » May Wed 29, 2019 4:07 am

Skilletsauce wrote:
May Tue 28, 2019 7:30 pm
Krygios problem is that he got stuck playing a professional sport he really didn't want to. His passion is basketball and his dream was to play in the NBA, since to him that is the epitome of male athletic prowess. That dream didn't become reality and tennis became his default option. So now he tries to display his all his super dope athletic skills on the tennis court but tennis is more than just athleticism and I don't see him being invested enough to want it.

I don't think Krygios really had any interest in becoming a tennis champion. It's just something he fell into when his dream job didn't pan out and now he just goes out and does enough to remain in the conversation and be the bad boy of tennis. It's a real shame because he is quite talented. There was a Youtube video of him and Monfils having a shoot around on the basketball court and you could really see some of his gifts during the game.
Yup, that's it! You summed it up perfectly.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Thu 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Aliassime just defeated Nick on grass. Yet another player to catch and surpass him?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Thu 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Kyrgios booed off court after tanking match against Auger-Aliassime

LONDON — Canada’s Felix Auger-Aliassime is off to the quarterfinals of the Queen’s Club tournament after a bizarre finish to his second match on Thursday.

The No. 8 seed from Montreal beat seemingly distracted Nick Kyrgios 6-7 (4), 7-6 (3), 7-5 in a second-round match at the ATP Tour 500 grass-court event.

The outspoken Australian was booed by some fans after the match following a controversial day at the tournament.

Kyrgios, facing deuce in the final game, tried a between-the-legs shot that did get over the net but put Auger-Aliassime in a favourable position to win the match. The Canadian then finished it with a winner on a service return that Kyrgios barely moved for.

Before the match, in video posted by Tennis TV, a fan shouted "Let’s go Felix, you got this." Kyrgios responded: "He honestly probably does."

Earlier, Kyrgios, ranked 39th in the world, swore at officials and accused them of "rigging" his first-round match as the tournament tried to get back on schedule after plenty of rain earlier in the week.

Kyrgios, who went on to win the match, launched an expletive-ridden rant at umpire Fergus Murphy after missing a set point against Roberto Carballes Baena, claiming his Spanish opponent had double-faulted.

After Murphy issued a code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct, Kyrgios continued his tirade, saying "it’s a joke, man. It’s a serious joke" and adding: "Like, your hat looks ridiculous, also. It’s not even sunny."

After another point, Kyrgios said: "The ball was this far out on the second serve. I’m going. I’m not going to give 100 per cent when I’ve got linesmen rigging the game, I don’t want to play.

"You wonder why I don’t try half the time. Literally the set had finished, he double-faulted. Why am I playing at 5-5? Absolute joke."

Later in the match, Kyrgios then berated himself for hitting a poor lob to gift Carballes Baena a point and made reference to a computer game.

"So lazy, do something, so lazy you are," he said to himself. "You were playing FIFA until 3 a.m., what do you expect?"

In the final game, Kyrgios — at 40-0 down — began returning from just outside the service line.

He still won the match 7-6 (4), 6-3.

The 18-year-old Auger-Aliassime will face top seed Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece in the quarterfinals. The Canadian is 1-0 against the world No. 6, beating him at Indian Wells, Calif., on a hard-court earlier this year.

Auger-Aliassime set up his match with Kyrgios by beating Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov in the first round earlier Thursday.

The Canadian had 15 aces (Dimitrov had six) and won 85 per cent of his points on first serve.

Auger-Aliassime, 18, is coming off a run to the final at the Stuttgart Open, the first grass-court tournament of the season.

The win over world No. 45 Dimitrov looks good on the Canadian’s resume. Dimitrov reached a career-high of No. 3 in November 2017.

Meanwhile, No. 6 seed Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., advanced to the quarterfinals with a 6-3, 7-6 (3) win over qualifier Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia.

Raonic has won two matches in a row after dropping out of the Stuttgart Open before his semifinal against Auger-Aliassime with a back injury.

Raonic will face Spain’s Feliciano Lopez in the quarterfinals.