Tournaments this week

KRYGIOS, Tell Us What You Really Think! lol

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
KRYGIOS, Tell Us What You Really Think! lol

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 16, 2019 9:46 am

Nick Kyrgios has launched a remarkable volley of insults at some of the leading players in men’s tennis ahead of the 2019 French Open draw, making last year’s verbal spats with Bernard Tomic look benign in comparison.

Kyrgios used a podcast at the Rome Masters as the platform to reveal his disdain for Novak Djokovic’s “cringeworthy” post-match celebrations and Rafael Nadal’s “super salty” double standards.

But he saved his best serve for Fernando Verdasco after a series of run-ins with the Spanish veteran both on the court and on social media over the years.

“Verdasco drives me nuts, man. That guy ... I don’t even want to talk about it,” Kyrgios told American freelance tennis writer Ben Rothenberg on the “No Challenges Remaining” podcast.

“It gets me so vexed, I’m like angry now that I just hear that name. He’s the most arrogant person ever.

“He doesn’t say hello, he thinks he’s so good, he thinks he’s God’s gift. Dude, your backhand’s pretty average and let’s be honest, you hit a ball over a net.

“Guy’s like that, they drive me insane. There’s no humility there, there’s no perspective. It’s just like, ‘I’m here, I’m so cool, I’m unbelievable because I hit a ball over the net. Do this for me, do this for me, I won’t say hello to you, I’m too important’.

“Guys like that. See how angry I’m getting? It kills me. He just rubs me the wrong way.”

Nor can Kyrgios take much of Djokovic.

“I just feel like he has a sick obsession with wanting to be liked. He just wants to be like Roger (Federer),” the Australian said.

“For me personally - I don’t care right now, I’ve come this far - I feel like he just wants to be liked so much that I just can’t stand him.

“This whole celebration thing (blowing kisses to the crowd) that he does after matches, it’s like so cringeworthy. It’s very cringeworthy.

“He’s an unbelievable player, he’s a champion of the sport; one of the greatest we’ll ever see. He probably will, honestly, I reckon he will get the grand slam count, I reckon he will overpass Federer.

“(But) we’re talking about a guy who pulled out of the Australian Open one year because it was too hot. No matter how many grand slams he wins, he will never be the greatest for me.

“Simply because, I’ve played him twice and like, I’m sorry, but if you can’t beat me, you’re not the greatest of all time.

“Because if you like look at my day-to-day routine and how much I train and how much I put in, it’s zero compared to him.”

There’s also bound to be no love lost if Kyrgios runs into 11-times French Open champion Nadal in Paris.

“Hmm, this is dangerous,” Kyrgios said.

“He’s my polar opposite, like literally my polar opposite. And he’s super salty.

“Every time I’ve beaten him ... when he wins, it’s fine. He won’t say anything bad, he’ll credit the opponent, ‘He was a great player’.

“But as soon as I beat him, it’s just like, ‘He has no respect for me, my fans and no respect to the game’.

“And I’m like, ‘What are you talking about? I literally played this way when I beat you the other previous times and nothing changed ... When you beat me in Rome here a couple of years ago, nothing changed; I was the same person’.

“It’s not a good look for you, I feel. And then Uncle Toni (Nadal) came out saying, ‘He lacks education’. I’m like, ‘Bra, I did 12 years at school, you idiot. I’m very educated. I understand that you’re upset I beat your family again’.”

Kyrgios also called fellow Australian Thanasi Kokkinakis his “brother”, said Federer was the undisputed G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time), and spoke fondly about Andy Murray.

The French Open begins 26 May, with Nadal and Djokovic seeded first and second, meaning an early clash with the unseeded Kyrgios could be on the cards.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: KRYGIOS, Tell Us What You Really Think! lol

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 16, 2019 9:47 am

Then this happens:

Nick Kyrgios was defaulted from his second-round Italian Open clash against Norway's Casper Ruud on Thursday after the hot-headed Australian hurled a chair on to the court.

World No. 36 Kyrgios was given a code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct after being broken early in the third set.

Having already been handed a code violation earlier in the match, the latest outburst meant the umpire also handed him a game penalty.

This prompted an angry Kyrgios to slam his racket into the ground and kick a water bottle before he tossed a chair toward the centre of the court.

The frustrated Kyrgios, 24, shook hands with his opponent and the umpire before he strode off the court, effectively defaulting himself from the contest.

The Australian's outburst comes just a day after he launched an astonishing attack on some of the biggest names in tennis as part of a podcast at the Rome Masters.

Kyrgios revealed his disdain for the "cringeworthy" postmatch celebrations of world No. 1 Novak Djokovic and the "super-salty" attitude of 11-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal.

Ruud was leading 6-3, 6-7 (5), 2-1 when Kyrgios was disqualified and will face Juan Martin del Potro in the third round.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Thu 16, 2019 12:06 pm

He had 12 years of school.

:lol:

LMAO!!

Is he suffering from withdrawal?? LOL LOL LOL!! Wheeew!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 16, 2019 1:01 pm

This happened right in front of me.
This dude is insane. He should check in a mental hospital.
Before his meldown, the entire crowd was for him, chanting his name. The atmosphere was unbelievable. He had almost everyone in his corner.
And he flipped, barely in the 3rd set for being broken at 1-0.
Is this guy normal?
Throwing chairs and water bottle on the court, yelling at the linesman, kicking the linesman's chair... It was horrible.
Did they fine Serena $80,000 for her incident with lineswoman in New York? This dude should get triple.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » May Thu 16, 2019 2:20 pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HcFaua-dWPE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perdida
Regular
Regular

Post by Perdida » May Fri 17, 2019 2:11 pm

I still don't understand what caused his meltdown in the first place :?:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Fri 17, 2019 2:58 pm

He got broken while leading 1-0 in the 3rd set. He started badmouthing the linesman. He had already received a code violation. The ref gave him a second, which means automatic 1 game penalty.
That's when he went banana. He first slams his racket. Then walked back to the linesman and kept talking. Then he turned around and kicked a water battle to the court. Followed by grabbing a chair and throwing it in the middle of the court. Then another water bottle. Then the linesman's chair. And the ref kept watching.
Then he dismissed himself and left the court.
I think he suffers mental problems.
Until that meltdown, the whole stadium was chanting his name... was going crazy after each of his winners and aces. He owned the stadium. That should have been enough to put things in perspective. What's a break at 1-all in the 3rd set???? It's not like the opponent was going to serve for the match following that break.
The man is crazy. Seriously. Something definitely wrong with his brain.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » May Fri 17, 2019 11:45 pm

He speaks his mind for better or worse. It's only refreshing because of how sanitized
and politically correct the men's tour has become.

He is right on Nadal being salty and Djokovic wanting so desperately to be
embraced like Federer.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sat 18, 2019 12:48 am

I was watching Mladenovic vs Barty and he was playing on the adjacent court. There were no seats left so even some his fans we're on the side of the women's match. The fields are so close it really doesn't matter much where one sits.
Some people like the McEnroe type of antics. But this guy takes it to another level. It's disgusting.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sat 18, 2019 11:59 am

Heard he got fined 20k EUR. A quarter of what was levied against Serena. Lucky dude.