PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

London ATP Masters PGame

Predict ATP Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
London ATP Masters PGame

Post by Graveller » Nov Fri 09, 2018 9:26 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Time to enter the last event of this season... ATP Masters.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Matches for sunday and monday have been announced, so we can pick our first winners...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Nov Mon 12, 2018 10:36 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Cilic was challenging a lot and late - imo Zverev was right to complain about that. One should challenge immediately and not check out the mark first (too much opportunities for secret coaching on the challenge). But Cilic paid a price for it... he ended up with no challenges (even the extra one in the TB was gone rapidly), and when he wanted to challenge his second serve (called out) , resulting in a 5-1 lead for Zverev, he couldn't anymore.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And review showed that the ball was indeed touching the line. So instead of 4-2, he trailed 5-1... and two points later the match was over (7-6 7-6 Zverev).#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Nov Mon 12, 2018 10:40 am

Watched parts of this event so far, and it is a shame that some of the new generation missed out on this one. Players like Khachanov, Tsitsipas and De Minaur would have been more fun to watch (for me) instead of the huge servers Cilic, Anderson and Isner....

Sidenote: Dimitrov and Goffin - 2017 finalists - failed to consolidate in 2018....

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Nov Wed 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Goffin really seemed to be derailed by his eye injury. I don't think he ever really got his mojo back after that.

Perdida
Regular
Regular

Re:London ATP Masters PGame

Post by Perdida » Nov Sat 17, 2018 6:27 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#@ Graveller #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I agree with you about the huge servers A huge serve can only get you so far. I have nothing against guys like Cilic, Isner or Anderson but I don't find their tennis exciting to watch. The moment the serve doesn't work 100% they are quickly outplayed on court.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#