PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Serena in Shape?

They are not just tennis players, they are stars
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:48 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# Never said Lebron was greater than Kobe or Michael. I think so far at L.A, he's been the one holding the team back. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#They have trusted him in crunch times, and he so far has failed to deliver. I think they should give the ball to Kuzma, Ingram or Anderson. They can penetrate, go for a dunk and get fouled in the those dying seconds. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#There has been 4 games they should have won. In 2 of them he couldn't make the free throws. And the other 2, he lost the ball while trying to dribble. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Every time they gave the ball to Lebron in those crucial seconds, he couldn't do it. Kobe or Michael would have finished it off.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I said Lebron is done. And Serena will be done after next season. At some point, they all hang it up.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Nov Thu 01, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Nov Thu 01, 2018 5:34 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#

Code: Select all

I think she's got a full good year of tennis in her. 2019 will be it. 
#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#I believe the 2020 year, the Olympic Year, will be the last for both she and Venus. Nice venue to depart on the grandest of stages, finishing at the USO ere a packed house with ceremony in prime time......#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Re:Serena in Shape?

Post by Pyotr » Nov Fri 02, 2018 12:22 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl#Fair enough. To be fair, Lebron's never had a clutch mentality, in spite of the few times he's gotten lucky.#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl#IMHO, moving to LA was signaling that he knew it was over. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl#That said, I don't believe Serena is over or that next year will be it for her. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl#I agree with rex that she and Venus make it to Tokyo(at least) before hanging it up. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="name"#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Nov Fri 02, 2018 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:Serena in Shape?

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Fri 02, 2018 9:29 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# Just read:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#"...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#To that end, Johnson would have a point. The Lakers seem to be treating James like #ed_op#a href="http://bleacherreport.com/kobe-bryant"#ed_cl#Kobe Bryant#ed_op#/a#ed_cl# in end-game situations, giving him the ball and getting out of the way. ......."#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Yup, that's what I was talking about. Glad they are talking about the problem. Lebron is no Kobe or Jordan. Every time they gave him the ball to go get the winning basket, he failed. Let Ingram or Anderson dribble to the basket. Lebron can't do it. Too slow.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Nov Fri 02, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Nov Fri 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Yeah, but even when he was younger he never really had it. He always lacked the killer
instinct and seemed to dread pressure moments. My brother still talks about him refusing
to take that last shot in that meaningless 2012 All Star game years ago where both Kobe
and Melo clowned him for passing it off.

He doesn't physically have it, but mentally never really had it to begin with.