PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

PGame YEC - Sunday start

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Graveller
Commish
Commish
PGame YEC - Sunday start

Post by Graveller » Oct Sat 20, 2018 4:35 am

Draw for the YEC has been made, and RR1 matches have been announced.

Time to make those RR1 predictions, and also an uWP for the brave ones
(I am going for one ; gonna play 'all or nothing' in order to win this event three times in a row :-) )

Action starts on sunday evening local time - that is early sunday morning in the US...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Sat 20, 2018 4:38 am

An in a few hours, I will know if Kasatkina will be an alternate :-)

Slowly developing her game outside the spotlight - ideal...
(could be a great weekend with Bencic in another final).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Sat 20, 2018 10:03 am

So Themo picked Osaka and I picked Woz... two of the main favourites imo...

Good: that puts pressure on other participants to pick a uWP too if they want to win this event 😄

Perdida
Regular
Regular

Re:PGame YEC - Sunday start

Post by Perdida » Oct Sat 20, 2018 4:16 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#I agree. All or nothing is a good idea. We might as well have some fun instead of playing it safe #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/101.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Trying my luck with Caro, but I think she is a unpredictable as the rest of them.  Let's see what happens...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Sat 20, 2018 5:02 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Perdida#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I did it last week (as I said, I felt uncomfortable that I won all 3 WTA Games by picking the underdog) as some kind of penance, so picked an uWP in both Moscow events: Kasatkina and Khachanov.. one won the event, the other is in tomorrow's final.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#At least Bencic had the decency of losing the final today, or I would have picked that one up too :-)#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I was torn between 4 names for the YEC: Woz, Osaka, Pliskova and Kerber... went for Woz too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Then again, someone like Kvitova is an all-or-nothing player too. You never know with her.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Oct Sun 21, 2018 5:44 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Petra is 28 going on 15. Amateur play for a YEC.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Perdida
Regular
Regular

Post by Perdida » Oct Sun 21, 2018 2:50 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#@ Graveller:#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Both your choices for Moscow were spot on! Congrats! #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And what a nice week for both Kasatkina and Khachanov winning in front of their home crowd.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#@ rex:#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Haven't seen Petra play lately (or any of the YEC matches for that matter) but the results speak for themselves... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Sun 21, 2018 4:25 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Perdida#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# I've been pretty good this year.... in internationals and ATP250s.... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#10 ATP-titles, 8 of thm ATP250... when it comes to bigger titles, I was lousy....#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Same story in WTA.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And my uWP in Singapore lost her first match... Can almost forget about winning it.... damage control from now on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Sun 21, 2018 11:05 pm

YEC without Maria kinda more like yaeeeiks.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Mon 22, 2018 7:12 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Mytiwtiw#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# Well, then there is always Zhuhai next week for Maria....#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#oops, I almost forgot: she was not good enough to qualify for that event too... :-) :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#