NAOMI Struggles With Pressure To Win

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
NAOMI Struggles With Pressure To Win

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 05, 2018 1:20 pm

This is the 3rd tournament in a row during which she's burst into tears.

Naomi Osaka apologises after 'emotional' win over Zhang Shuai

US Open champion Naomi Osaka apologised to Zhang Shuai for an emotional display in beating the Chinese in Beijing.

The 20-year-old Japanese was close to tears at points in her 3-6 6-4 7-5 win in the China Open quarter-finals.

Osaka wept in the wake of her US Open win, overshadowed by Serena Williams' confrontation with umpire Carlos Ramos, and was again facing a crowd favourite.

"I was basically apologising because I feel I was more emotional than I normally try to be," said Osaka.

Asked the cause of her emotion, she said: "Because it was a hard match. That's basically why."

Unseeded Zhang took advantage of a string of early errors to take the first set and was a break up in the second before being reeled in by world number six Osaka, who will play Latvia's unseeded Anastasija Sevastova in the next round.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/45757831

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Oct Sat 06, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:NAOMI Cries Alot!

Post by rex » Oct Fri 05, 2018 2:27 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Yes she does often and it's getting ridiculous to see her weeping when a match doesn't go the way she likes. I assume she'll eventually grow out of this tendency as she ages, but it's becoming routine with her at the moment. Sascha is like an on-court counselor/psychologist during these OCCs with her, constantly soothing her hurt feelings and intimating reassurances, essentially giving her pep talks to assuage her sagging confidence during a match. In her post-match presser she said she'll likely regret her actions of today and admits to having to make changes in how she reacts to moments when a match isn't unfolding to her likeness. Growing pains at this point for this 20 year old.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl# 

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Oct Sat 06, 2018 12:12 am

Positive, crying doesn't seem to be preventing her from winning these days. Seems the major#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#meltdowns are a thing of the past. I'm certain this will be as well as she continues to mature as #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#a player and person.

#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Oct Sat 06, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Sat 06, 2018 5:29 pm

China Open: 'Stressed' Naomi Osaka struggling to 'prove herself' after US Open win

Naomi Osaka says the pressure of expectation after her US Open win is causing her "stress" as the Japanese world number six tries to "prove" herself.

The 20-year-old's first Grand Slam win last month was overshadowed by Serena Williams' row with the umpire.

"I think definitely as the weeks go by, I have this feeling of wanting to prove myself," said Osaka.

"I think that takes a toll a little bit because I stress myself out."

Osaka missed out on becoming the first player in 2018 to reach three consecutive finals, losing 6-4 6-4 to Latvia's Anastasija Sevastova in the semi-finals of the China Open in Beijing.

An emotional Osaka apologised to opponent Zhang Shuai after her quarter-final win over the Chinese a day earlier, having been close to tears at points during the match on Friday.

"If you don't win a tournament, then people will say, 'Oh, she hasn't won a tournament.' If you haven't won a Slam, they'll say, 'She hasn't won a Slam,'" added Osaka.

"Then if you win one Grand Slam, they're like, 'Oh, she only won one Grand Slam.'
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Oct Sat 06, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Sat 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Can’t blame Osaka sama, she got her 1st slam amid Serena’s “every time she losses drama” the only time she behaved and respected a first slam winner was in Wimbledon ‘04 when Maria dominated her in straight set .. no place for excuses.🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Last edited by Mytiwtiw on Oct Sat 06, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Japanese sensation Naomi Osaka's WTA Finals debut ended in tears on Friday (Oct 26) as she was forced to retire against Kiki Bertens, handing the Dutchwoman a surprise spot in the semi-finals.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sp ... e-10867872

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Oct Sun 28, 2018 9:21 pm

LOL @ sloane 😂 Elina one of Maria’s whipping girls 🤣😁🇷🇺🇷🇺