USO Website

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
rex
Commish
Commish
USO Website

Post by rex » Aug Tue 21, 2018 12:38 pm

They've completely "whited out" the website (background) with hardly any contrast for an IBM sponsored webpage. Don't like it and have complained to them about it. Hoping they get the message and return to their format of recent years.

Off topic:

Qualies:

Vicky Duval was dismissed by Zhuk today, 6-3 6-3. Watched such and Vicky, tho' looking good physically, has nothing in her game. Looks as if her career aspirations are going nowhere after recovering from lymphoma cancer. Matter-of-fact, Alisa Kleybanova doesn't play much either after beating the disease. Most unfortunate for these two, who were doing nicely ere being afflicted. Yet......"keep hope alive", as some would say, wishing them the best.

Noticed, as well, that Destanee Aiava is in qualies (not playing today), as well as Antonia Lottner, Peppermint Patty and Sabine (players-of-interest). Hopefully, there is a video of the match.

The disappointing Barthel dismissed Hradecka today in 3 and Lottner is in her section of the draw. Hope one of them qualifies..... Lottner (sigh) has such a game and is talented as all get out, but beats herself with not executing what she has (like Venus and Petra K.....the errors she makes just drive you up a wall, no excuse for the sloppiness). Does all the things I like for a player, save for the lack of weight on her body. Maybe she'll late bloom, for the talent is there....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: USO Website

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Tue 21, 2018 9:49 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# Right now, tennis is down to priority #99 in Aiava's mind. I'll be surprised if she wins 1 match in New York.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She couldn't wait to turn 18 and get her own apartment. She just got a new car. She is free as a bird. Probably a new boyfriend too.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Maybe when she gets used to that freedom, tennis will be the escape and she'll focus again. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#My prediction is thus to exit in R1 Qualifier winning barely 4 games. Mentally, she is not into tennis at all these days.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagram.co ... 2288_n.jpg" width="918" height="1145"#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 6e7da7.jpg" width="923" height="911"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Tue 21, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Aug Wed 22, 2018 1:44 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Well.....I don't know where Destanee's mind is at this point, save for pointing out where her tennis career is, based on ITF/WTA tourney and ranking info. Prior to this USO she played a 25k event in Thailand on August 6th, where she lost in the lst round to a 450th ranked player, eating a bagel in the 3rd set. Given this info it is more than likely she'll lose today due to lack of match play and losing to a player ranked in the 400s just a couple of weeks ago.

Typing this, tho', she just turned 18 in May this year and is still finding her way this life. The photo you posted of her, posing ere a Kia, doesn't suggest she owns such, for there are no plates on the vehicle. It appears to be a promotional pick of her with Kia being one of her sponsors. I can't tell if the bldg. under construction behind her is single family or an apt. bldg, in addition to the fact that it may not be her home at all (speculation). With her parents divorced and somewhat threadbare, what prize money she's earned may have been given to them in some amount (speculation again) to help them. We both know that she's expressed ambivalence about tennis (only playing for the prize money, while not liking the sport). However, she can always have a change of heart, for, again, she's just 18. Give her some space to find her way at this point. Hope she prevails today, nevertheless....

Lastly, with this very low ranking (currently 237th), the Aussie ITF circuit begins next month, where she'll likely play a host of 25k/60k events leading into the Pacific in January next year, getting WCs to play their Tour events prior to the AO. We'll see where she is then......
Last edited by rex on Aug Wed 22, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 22, 2018 1:57 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;in the photo caption i did not show here, she said she just bought her first car.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#so no, i did not make that up. it was posted on tf.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 22, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Aug Wed 22, 2018 2:24 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Respecting her car purchase, I didn't imply that you made the story up. I just noted that the photo of her with the Kia doesn't have ID plates, suggesting non-ownership but a promotional pic (the large "P" next to where her license plate would be) with Kia being one of her sponsors. However, if she has indeed bought her lst car, congrats to her and if it's a Kia, as one of her sponsors, it's even better.

Btw, her lst round match has started and it appears she's on her way back to Aussie land. Lost the lst set 6-4, and is eating a bagel in the 2nd (0-3). As stated, it's expected that she wouldn't prevail but for different reasons.....
Last edited by rex on Aug Wed 22, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 22, 2018 2:58 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Aiava lost to Jehovanovki 4-6 4-6. I could see that coming from 2000 miles away.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She is just happy to be a tourist in New York. If she can afford the accommodation for a couple weeks, she wouldn't mind.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Enjoy it lady!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 22, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.