PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Error in Antalya score?

Predict ATP Winners and Champions every week.
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Error in Antalya score?

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 27, 2018 3:07 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Several participants have default scores that give a win for Vesely and Basilasvili, but do not receive any points for those....#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Error in Antalya score?

Post by rex » Jun Wed 27, 2018 7:31 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#No error in point tally. The gamers that didn't get default score points (hate this garbage) didn't submit timely when the bottom half of the tourney began on Tuesday morning when Basilasvili's match began at 9:00 a.m. Midwest stateside. A few gamers had not submitted their predictions for the event 'til later in the day. Therefore, their default scores would not be earned. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:25 am

Not following.. if you submit in time, you obviously have no defaults anymore... the default was there for the first round for those who did not submit in time...

So when you say: defaults are not earned because they did not submit in time... who on earn would ever submit defaults in time? :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:36 am

All scores (default or not) are recorded as participants submit anything (fmKO, uWP, etc ).
So those 4-0 4-0 scores count. They are available for early round only, as a compromise after an open discussion we had here. The reason we made them 4-0 4-0 was to avoid giving free bonuses.
Default score used to be 6-0 6-0; but that's a legitimate score and could result in a bonus.
So yes, if someone had default scores 4-0 4-0 for those 2 matches, he/she earned 2 points.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:57 am

<font color="brown">@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

<i>Apparently, there is a misunderstanding here about crediting default score(s), for I see you gave yourself, Wannadoo and Anishmitch credit for their default score, tho' the bottom half was closed, as the bottom half commenced earlier on Tuesday. Pyotr got credit for his default score for his two predictions due to the fact that he made a selection for the uWP on the day I began the draw for the event in Turkey on Friday, June 22. Even though he had not timely completed the bottom half of the draw, the matches that came up in the grid for him on June 22nd were there as the round of 16 commenced on June 26th and were eligible to be credited as default score wins. I didn't select anyone on June 22nd, therefore, whatever matches comes up in the game grid, even if not predicted and submitted will get credit once the round of 16 commences, not "after" such. Once a section of the draw commences and is closed, no credit is to be given for a score submitted late or not (matches listed on the grid for a gamer but not predicted). This is my understanding here. As you know, I'm clearly not a proponent for default credits anyway, for if you don't submit your predictions timely, you don't get credit. But, this nonsense here is a form of cheating, imo, and I'm not liking this at all. </i>
Last edited by rex on Jun Thu 28, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:06 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>
I agree there is a misunderstanding. I'll try to explain.
Default score are time independent. Which means if you go to the page at the beginning of the tournament, enter an fmKO or uWP and click Submit, all the scores(default or not) on the board are recorded as long as the rounds are open for prediction. Default scores will earn points later, after these particular rounds are closed.
I think that's where the misunderstanding lies.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:09 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;I see, but it make no sense to me... So only because he picked a uWP, he gets defaults? And those who didn't, don get them? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Maybe we should indeed abolish the default - no more discussion possible. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:10 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#So, a gamer gets credit "for submitting nothing" timely or not, is that it? This is BS.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl#.#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Sad/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:12 am

Default scores are just that.
Suppose you go post your fmKO. and also fill in all your scores (From starting round to the Final) as place holders. Those scores are as valid as the default scores.
So if you only select a fmKO, we don't erase all your scores thinking we don't know the match-ups yet. It doesn't matter if you know the players or not. You are free to enter scores for any match or leave your default scores standing.
And I a compromise after the discussion about Default or no Default scores, we decided to only have those for R16. There are no Default scores for QF, SF and Final.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:18 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#How is a default score "equitable" when a gamer doesn't even play the game and still gets credit? Where is the equity?&nbsp; #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#