Lucky #11

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior
Lucky #11

Post by Skilletsauce » Jun Sun 10, 2018 11:02 am

It's just hard to imagine a player winning a single slam 11 times, but Rafa has achieved such a feat at Roland Garros. And in dominating style. This is his third title won with only dropping a single set :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Congrats are certainly in order for the greatest dirtballer in tennis history. Oh and mytiwtiw this is what true DOMINATION looks like, and it certainly has nothing to do with Sharapova so happy to say :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 10, 2018 12:09 pm

I don't think there will be another ATP guy in the next 50 years capable of doing this.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Congratulation!!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Sun 10, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jun Sun 10, 2018 12:36 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The level of obsession around here with Maria!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/75.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Congrats to Nadal.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I will say however with the ATP generations after Federer, Nadal, Djokovic/Murray(looking more like exceptions in #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#their generation), the level of mental weakness is utterly astounding. Never seen so many with so much talent and yet #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#no mind to go with it. I feel with the WTA their is more mental tenacity among those not at the top level. They may not #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#win the big titles, but you rarely see the matches as seemingly conceded from the start. I go back even to Djokovic when #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#he said some years ago that he had too much respect/deference for Federer. It hindered him mentally. I feel so many of these #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#young guns are exactly the same. They behave as though they are playing deities instead of flesh and blood. Conversely, #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Serena mentioned playing lower ranked opponents, seeing how tough they played against her and wondering why they were #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#ranked so low. Those young guns still lost to Serena, but never coward to her.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#One area where I feel the WTA is superior to the ATP. End of rant! #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/85.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Congrats again King of Clay! #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/55.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Jun Sun 10, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.