PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

ATP Miami Results

ATP version of the WTA general tennis
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 27, 2018 11:29 am

Yeah.. sometimes I am late. So I go "oh well, that's life".
Thanks.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 27, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Tue 27, 2018 12:39 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Keeping it real, Grav', thanks. I've done this myself, forgetting sometimes to timely input scores and just have to take the hit. You, as well as Ace, know that I don't like default scores for any round. So, for myself, if I'm late I'm going to just delete the names associated with the section of the draw in play that I was late for so I don't get any credit for such. That's just for me, for I'm against getting credit for something I didn't attempt, getting something for nothing.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 27, 2018 2:54 pm

:) the default 4-0 4-0 scores are to help, with a bit of luck, a participant who forgot to enter the scores...
I'll take it.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Tue 27, 2018 4:47 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Actually, I agree with Rex and I should have re-entered the default scores for the DelPotro match and Raonic match too.
That section should have been closed when I entered them (I was not aware that bottom section was already active).
And in that case, I would not have won points with DelPotro (as he lost with the default.

Ace, Rex, I reopened the bottom section temporarily so I could delete my scores. I felt that I should not get those DelPo-points and thus replaced my prediction with the defaults. We need to set the example, and not enter scores in a section that was supposed to be closed (even if the match had not started yet).
Last edited by Graveller on Mar Tue 27, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 27, 2018 4:55 pm

yes... no one should enter a score in a closed section.
What I said is that when the section should be close, I just close it, leaving all the default scores intact.
It's like, dude you are late, you get the default score as if you never showed up. No need to touch anything. Just close the section and move on.
Because if you change your scores to blank or 0, you are basically posting after the deadline and the time will reflect that you made changes when no one was supposed to..
So better close and let everything stand.. default scores and else. Then there is no confusion about someone changing score after deadline, no matter what he changed it to.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 27, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Tue 27, 2018 5:34 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>
 The section with a time post-match-time is one with defaults... no reason for someone to complain.

My problem was that I posted scores (while sitting on the train) in a section that was supposed to be closed.
I now have the scores from the default (resulting in less points for me)... no one should complain about that &#128512;
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 27, 2018 5:47 pm

lol lol.. not me..#ed_op#br#ed_cl#That can happen and it's the right thing to do to remove the score.. No issue with that. Because the mistake is already made.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#My only point is that we had an open discussion about whether we should have default score or not.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#We found a compromise by deciding that default scores should stand for early rounds, not for QF, SF and Final.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So I am saying if I am late for an early round, I don't remove the 4-0 4-0. Because that creates an "illegal" timestamp. (score being updated after the deadline even though no unfair advantage is sought). #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#From what I read from Rex, he didn't want those default points ... :) The man is no greedy.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#So I think in that case, the best approach is to set them to 0 at the beginning of the tournament. That way if he is late, he doesn't&nbsp; have to change the timestamp by erasing them. All that is left is close the section.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 27, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 30, 2018 6:46 pm

i was just curious to see who these 2 men's semifinalist look like so turned on the stream.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#What I am noticing is that their serves are bigger than the women's. No surprise here.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#But IMO, Osapenko and Collins ground strokes are heavier and faster than the ground strokes of these 2 players. I wish they could record their ground strokes for a few games and compare to Ostapenko vs Collins.. I'd like to see the number because I think I am right about. Unfortunately, it's just perception, critics might say.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Alright, enough.. not interesting in watching ATP .. grinders and counterpunchers.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I am used to ladies punishing that fuzzy thing off the ground. Bring on lady Osta and her bombs. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 30, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Fri 30, 2018 7:25 pm

If the young guns can't make a run for it now, when? Besides DelPo, every other GS winner is injured and inactive.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Mar Sat 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Would be nice to see John with likely his best and only chance to win one,
but still not betting on it.

BTW, what's with Federer skipping out on clay again? Unless legitimately injured
I see it as a punk move.

As for the young guns, all just seem so mentally fragile. No game, guts, and attitude
to step up and take the mantle. I do get where Safin is coming from.