PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

2018 year of Maria Sharapova

All Tennis, All the Time
Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jan Sat 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Like the Phoenix from the ashes.....Maria will rise!

#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Angry/6.gif"#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Sat 20, 2018 4:09 pm

From the things seen in the first week of this AO, I make the following conclusion: if the younger top players (and some of the upcoming ones) play their A-game (not even their A+ game), then Sharapova, Radwanska and Venus will not win a slam anymore: their window of opportunity has closed.

Esoecially Aggie vs Hsieh was a sad thing to watch.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jan Sat 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Nonsense.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Maria & Venus just need more consistency(for Venus surface matters immensely). Nobody saw 2017 in the Slams#ed_op#br#ed_cl#coming for Venus. Yet, look. Maria IMO just needs to keep building her confidence. She'll win more Slams, of that#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I have no doubt!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pyotr on Jan Sat 20, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Sat 20, 2018 4:42 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Pyotr</b>:</font>

Maria is less talented than Clijsters, Henin, Graf, Seles, Davenport, Capriati, and she is older than when they retired.
Her prime is over.

Fon’t get fooled by some successes of ‘older’ players over the last years: that was because of generation Fail.
Now we go back to normal with the younger generation taking control. Siniakova atm is not even among the 10 best players younger than 25 and even she exposed Maria.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Jan Sat 20, 2018 7:15 pm

A sad day in tennis.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jan Sat 20, 2018 8:58 pm

What I love about Maria & Venus is that they don't let what others have called "conventional wisdom"
dictate what they do or how they do it. It's the reason they are great champions and others aren't.
Mediocre people carry mediocre mentalities. Maria & Venus are not them.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Jan Sat 20, 2018 9:03 pm

You’re right Ptyor. Onward to the French Open Domination ! &#127881;&#127870;&#127881;

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Jan Sun 21, 2018 9:10 pm

2018, the year to which Maria competes clean and loses badly!

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 22, 2018 4:36 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Mytiwtiw#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#French Open domination? I see you are getting wiser every year as you've already given up any hopes on IW or Miami domination :-) :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 22, 2018 4:48 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;Oh, I&nbsp; am not telling them what to do: as far as I am concerned, both Maria and Venus can try to compete until they are 50 if the fire within them still burns.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#But that will not stop the decay. I stuck my neck out in 2011-2012 by saying that Venus would never win a major event anymore (slam or Prem.Mand). We are 2018, and still not proven wrong in more than 50 of such events. And in each event, you can see in the match that she lost why. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#And I am now saying the same on Maria. Getting deep into draws of big event once in a while? Probably. Winning? highly unlikely ((the'll need a Pennetta-moment or a Sloane-run). #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#