D. Kovinic vs S. Williams
J. Cristian vs A. Kontaveit [2]

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: 2022 USO Main Draw Ladies

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Fri 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Defending US Open champion Emma Raducanu hit with fresh injury problem

The British number one twice stopped her practice session with Russian Ekaterina Alexandrova at Flushing Meadows on Friday and was in tears on the court.

Raducanu had her right wrist taped and appeared in discomfort before calling a temporary halt to the session, her first at the US Open venue this year, after little more than half an hour. The 19-year-old seemed to be feeling something in her wrist and was consoled by coach Dmitry Tursunov before walking to the side of the court in tears. After composing herself, Raducanu returned to the court and continued to pound forehands but shortly afterwards the session again stopped and the 11th seed headed off court with physio Will Herbert for approximately 15 minutes. There was no further cause for alarm, with Raducanu completing the two-hour session, serving and playing points. She was due to face the media later on Friday ahead of a first-round clash with France's Alize Cornet on Tuesday.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 30, 2022 1:54 pm

‘Creepy’ butt taps of 16-year-old Sara Bejlek prompt US Open outrage
A teenage tennis player’s Grand Slam debut at the 2022 U.S. Open is being overshadowed by lewd chatter on social media.

Sara Bejlek, a 16-year-old athlete who hails from Czechia, made headlines after a close greeting with her father and coach went viral following a qualifying match victory.

Upon defeating Heather Watson of the U.K. on Friday, the Twitterverse lost its collective mind over footage of Bejlek celebrating with her father, Jaroslav Bejlek, and her coach, Jakub Kahoun, in which the athlete’s backside appeared to be patted repeatedly, according to the Daily Mail.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 30, 2022 2:32 pm

Rybakina heading to one-slam wonderland?

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Aug Wed 31, 2022 9:50 pm

If Serena gets into the second week it's anybody's tournament to win

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Thu 01, 2022 9:04 am

Good win for Ree but Kontaveit isn't really No. 2 and she struggles outdoors. She's great indoors though. Did they play under a roof?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Thu 01, 2022 11:15 am

'IT WAS DIFFICULT TO COPE' - TEARFUL ANETT KONTAVEIT ON FACING SERENA WILLIAMS' CROWD AT US OPEN

Anett Kontaveit bowed out of the US Open on Wednesday after coming up against an inspired Serena Williams and New York crowd. The 26-year-old cracked during her press conference when fielding a question from a fellow Estonian, admitting it was “so difficult to cope with the crowd and everything”. The Serena Show rolls on, with the American great facing Ajla Tomljanovic in the third round.

A tearful Anett Kontaveit admitted it was “difficult to cope with the crowd” during her defeat to Serena Williams at the US Open.
The second seed, who has suffered a string of disappointing results in recent weeks, was unable to conquer the 23-time Grand Slam champion under the New York lights on Wednesday night.

An electric atmosphere on Arthur Ashe Stadium helped Williams recover from a mid-match blip to come through 7-6(4) 2-6 6-2 and book a meeting with Australia’s Ajla Tomljanovic in the third round.

Kontaveit conceded that the partisan support was “tricky” to handle but said she still felt the crowd was “fair”.

“It was hard. It was something I never experienced before,” she said at her post-match press conference.

“I don’t think it’s a personal attack against me or anything. I mean, it’s fair.”

She continued: “I thought I didn’t play a bad match at all. She definitely raised her level in the third set. She played amazing.

“In the first set she was serving so well in these important moments. I fought really hard, thought I played a decent match. She was better today.

“It was her moment. I was trying to do my own thing. Of course, this is totally about her. I was very aware of that.”

The decision by organisers to introduce Kontaveit before Williams, and then leave her waiting while a Serena montage played out on court, has sparked consternation among some.

And the emotion of the occasion caught up with the 26-year-old when fielding a question from an Estonian reporter, who praised her for representing their country on such a big stage.

“It’s not a shame to lose to Serena,” she said in tears.

“It was so difficult to cope with the crowd and everything. I think this was the hardest in this game."

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Thu 01, 2022 2:34 pm

Hello, my friends !!!! "Long time no see".
I was kind of hearing echoes of the US open. Didn't see it coming.
Well, looks like my Compton Princess is doing the right thing moving to a different phase in her life.
I was waiting for this. No need to still pop up once in a while to lose to unknown young players. Let's go home with pride.
23 slams is no easy achievement. It will take a very long time to see another player win 10 slams.
So job well done!!!!!!

1/ Where was IPTV when I needed a subscription????? Now I can see every match on TV or on my PC.
I ditched cable/satellite and all for the Amazon FireStick HD ( cost $25)
https://www.google.com/search?q=https%3 ... nt=gws-wiz

2/ And for a yearly subscription of $44 to IPTV, I can watch every TV channel in the world for free(Asia, Europe, Africa, Middle East, America), ESPN, FOX, every PPV, HBO, Cinemax, Star-z, etc... All in HD. What a deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more looking for Tennis matches on mute Russian channels because of ESPN greed. $44 a year. Can't beat that.
https://www.iptvsmarters.com/
Enjoy every tennis match, as long as it's on a TV somewhere in the world.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 02, 2022 9:12 am

Ukrainian player refuses to shake Victoria Azarenka’s hand after match

Russia’s war on Ukraine has bled over into a cold war on the tennis court between Ukrainian Marta Kostyuk and Victoria Azarenka.

Kostyuk has been a vocal critic of Azarenka, first declining the USTA’s Ukraine charity invitation due to Azarenka’s expected presence. And Thursday she refused to shake hands after Azarenka’s 6-2, 6-3 U.S. Open second-round win.

“I had the same situation with [Ukrainian Dayana] Yastremska in Washington. It is what it is. I just move on,” the 32-year-old Azarenka said with a shrug. “I cannot force anybody to shake my hand. It’s their decision. How did it make me feel? It’s not the most important thing in the world right now.”

VIKA'S RESPONSE

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Sep Fri 02, 2022 1:32 pm

Good on Vika!

Yastremska is so full of it!