Will 'King Richard' SMITH...SMDH...

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Will 'King Richard' SMITH...SMDH...

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Wed 30, 2022 8:07 pm

'King Richard' weighs in on Will Smith's slap of Chris Rock at Oscars
"We don’t condone anyone hitting anyone else unless it’s in self-defense," Venus and Serena Williams' father, Richard, said via his son.

The father of Venus and Serena Williams said Monday he condemns violence a day after Will Smith slapped comedian Chris Rock at the Oscars ceremony — and then won an Academy Award for playing him in the movie “King Richard.”

“We don’t know all the details of what happened,” Richard Williams, via his son Chavoita LeSane, told NBC News. “But we don’t condone anyone hitting anyone else unless it’s in self-defense.”

LeSane said his father was as surprised as anyone when Smith suddenly retaliated against Rock for making a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, at the Sunday spectacle.

But LeSane, who has been serving as Richard William’s spokesman since his 80-year-old father had a stroke, declined to go beyond his statement when asked for comment on Smith’s Oscar acceptance speech.

In it, Smith tearfully apologized to the academy but also likened slapping Rock to Richard Williams defending his daughters as he coached them into tennis superstars.

“I look like the crazy father, just like they said about Richard Williams,” Smith said. “But love will make you do crazy things.”

NBC News has reached out to Venus and Serena Williams but so far neither has commented on Sunday’s shocking turn of events.

Both were watching from their seats at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood when Smith, apparently angered by Rock joking about his wife’s shaved head (she suffers from alopecia, which causes hair loss) went after the comedian.

A few hours after Richard Williams weighed in, the Academy Awards said in a statement on Twitter that it "condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show."

"We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law," the tweet stated.

But Smith was seen partying after the ceremony Sunday at the Vanity Fair Oscar bash with his wife and children (sons Trey and Jaden and daughter Willow).

Smith's on-stage confrontation with Rock quickly became the biggest story to emerge from the 94th Academy Awards, with many celebrities condemning the slap and others chiming in with support for the first-time Oscar winner.

Comedians were especially critical of Smith.

“Let me tell you something, it’s a very bad practice to walk up on stage and physically assault a comedian,” Kathy Griffin wrote on Twitter. “Now we all have to worry about who wants to be the next Will Smith in comedy clubs and theaters."

Rob Reiner said Smith "owes Chris Rock a huge apology."

"There is no excuse for what he did," Reiner tweeted. "He’s lucky Chris is not filing assault charges. The excuses he made tonight were b------t."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Will 'King Richard' SMITH...SMDH...

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Thu 31, 2022 10:52 am

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 01, 2022 9:53 am

Chris Rock should be happy that I am not Will Smith: he would have ended K.O. on the floor instead of receiving a girly slap.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Apr Fri 01, 2022 11:20 am

Graveller wrote:
Apr Fri 01, 2022 9:53 am
Chris Rock should be happy that I am not Will Smith: he would have ended K.O. on the floor instead of receiving a girly slap.
K.O. for what, for saying his bald, middle aged c-list wife looks like an action hero movie star? Plus, she's sleeping around in her so-called 'open' relationship with Will. She's only relevant bc she's married to Will. She should be lucky she was even acknowledged at such a high profile event. She's salty towards Rock bc a couple of years ago, she grandly announced she was boycotting the Oscars, to which Rock joked, "But you weren't invited." LOL

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 01, 2022 3:08 pm

Grosse, if you don’t see the problem, you are part of the problem.

I have a close family member with a condition that has a serious effect on the appearance. In public, she acts happy and looks as if she manages well, but in private it is mentally devastating, on medication to deal with it. So this is a bit personal to me.

If Chris Rock has an issue with her love life (which are her choices), then joke about that. But NOT on the physical effects of an illness.
If you allow this, then you have, for example, no moral base to comment on kids when laughing at their bald classmate due to chemo. Adults lead by example. Allow to bully people in public with the consequences of an illness, is imo moral rock-bottom. Not surprised to find you there, by the way.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Apr Fri 01, 2022 4:00 pm

The illness isn't life threatening. Yes its a major punch to your vanity.

She could of worn a wig, its was her choice to go bald. One suspect she went bald to get attention, she just didn't get the attention she wanted.

Her and Will have been putting there business in the streets as us black folks call it. They should both should show a little decorum if they want respect.
Last edited by Joylan1 on Apr Sat 02, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Apr Sat 02, 2022 3:57 am

Graveller wrote:
Apr Fri 01, 2022 3:08 pm
Grosse, if you don’t see the problem, you are part of the problem.

I have a close family member with a condition that has a serious effect on the appearance. In public, she acts happy and looks as if she manages well, but in private it is mentally devastating, on medication to deal with it. So this is a bit personal to me.

If Chris Rock has an issue with her love life (which are her choices), then joke about that. But NOT on the physical effects of an illness.
If you allow this, then you have, for example, no moral base to comment on kids when laughing at their bald classmate due to chemo. Adults lead by example. Allow to bully people in public with the consequences of an illness, is imo moral rock-bottom. Not surprised to find you there, by the way.
Says the person who gleefully says they look forward to celebrating the death's of people
that disagree with him on being injected with an experimental drug? Sit down!

Going to act like a fool over a joke you(Will Smith) laughed at until your whore
of a wife gave you a side glance and suddenly you get all tough. Please!
Last edited by Pyotr on Apr Sat 02, 2022 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Apr Sat 02, 2022 4:04 am

Sidenote: Didn't watch the show but saw pics and clips.
Venus Ebony Starr Williams.....OFF THE CHARTS STUNNING!!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Apr Sat 02, 2022 7:13 pm

During the commercial break after the slap, Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry were seen talking with Smith and seemingly encouraging the actor ahead of his first Oscar win for Best Actor.

Washington declined to say what he specifically discussed with Smith and Perry, but revealed that they prayed. “Fortunately there were people there, not just me but others [like] Tyler Perry came immediately right over there with me,” Washington said. “Some prayers. I don’t wanna say what we talked about, but there but for the grace of God go any of us. Who are we to condemn? I don’t know all the ins and outs of this situation, but I know the only solution was prayer, the way I saw it, the way I see it.”

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Apr Sat 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Its funny how there is no attempt at canceling Smith. His crocodile tears at his for show resignation from the academy.

It shows what abunch globalist puppets there are in Hollywood.