Tournaments this week

NOVAK'S Visa Appeal

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NOVAK'S Visa Appeal

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 11, 2022 11:01 am

Covid is prevalent in countries where more people are vaccinated. Strange.
Is the vaccine weakening the natural immune system?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 11, 2022 11:19 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jan Tue 11, 2022 11:01 am
Covid is prevalent in countries where more people are vaccinated. Strange.
Is the vaccine weakening the natural immune system?
Pfizer says Omicron vaccine will be ready in March. Another mandate coming for sure.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 11, 2022 11:24 am

Djokovic no longer in the Gulag

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jan Tue 11, 2022 11:28 am

I concur with Venus to Nole, “Win it all!” :D

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 11, 2022 3:39 pm

Pfizer CEO says two Covid vaccine doses aren’t ‘enough for omicron’

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla on Monday said two doses of the company’s vaccine may not provide strong protection against infection from the Covid omicron variant, and the original shots have also lost some of their efficacy at preventing hospitalization.

Bourla, in an interview at JPMorgan’s health-care conference, emphasized the importance of a third shot to boost people’s protection against omicron.

“The two doses, they’re not enough for omicron,” Bourla said. “The third dose of the current vaccine is providing quite good protection against deaths, and decent protection against hospitalizations.”

Bourla said omicron is a more difficult target than previous variants. Omicron, which has dozens of mutations, can evade some of the protection provided by Pfizer’s original two shots.

“We have seen with a second dose very clearly that the first thing that we lost was the protection against infections,” Bourla said. “But then two months later, what used to be very strong in hospitalization also went down. And I think this is what everybody’s worried about.”

Real-world data from the United Kingdom has found that two vaccine doses are 52% effective at preventing hospitalization 25 weeks after receiving the second shot, according to data from the U.K. Health Security Agency.

Two-doses of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s vaccines are only about 10% effective at preventing infection from omicron 20 weeks after the second dose, according to the U.K. data.

A booster dose, on the other hand, is up to 75% effective at preventing symptomatic infection and 88% effective at preventing hospitalization, according to the data.

However, Bourla said it’s unclear how long a booster dose will provide protection against Covid. The U.K. Health Security Agency also found that boosters are only 40% to 50% effective against infection 10 weeks after receiving the shot.

“The question mark, it is how long that protection lasts with the third dose,” Bourla said.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that some people with compromised immune systems receive four shots, three primary doses and one booster. Israel has rolled out fourth Pfizer doses for people over the age of 60. Israel found that fourth doses increase protective antibodies fivefold.

Bourla told CNBC earlier Monday that Pfizer will have a vaccine that specifically targets omicron ready in March, though he said it’s not clear whether it will be needed or not.

He also told CNBC more tests need to be done to determine whether or not fourth doses are necessary.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 11, 2022 4:32 pm

7NEWS STARS' ASTONISHING DJOKOVIC RANT

Rebecca Maddern: 'Whatever way you look at it, Novak Djokovic is a lying, sneaky, a***hole.'

Mike Amor: 'He's an a***hole.'

RM: 'Like whatever way you look at it, it's unfortunate that everybody else stuffed up around him.

MA: 'That's it, I mean he's an a***hole.'

MA: 'He got a bullshit f*****g excuse and then fell over his own f*****g lies. It's just what happens, right, that's what happened.'

RM: 'Yeah. And then, he now then ticking he didn't go to Spain.'

MA: 'Yeah, yeah.'

RM: 'It's just like...'

MA: 'I think he's going to get away with it.'

RM: 'Oh, he is. He's going to get away with it.'

MA: 'I think most fair minded people would say "Look, the bloke's an a***hole". Did we, did they do the right thing by him, I don't know.'

RM: 'No. I don't think so.'

MA: 'They f****d it up. That's the problem, isn't it?'

RM: 'I don't think, I don't think anything was gained by putting him in (an) immigration hotel.'

MA: 'No, but the trouble is, how do you justify the person (who is) also on the same plane with him who also has...'

RM: 'You can't justify it, but the fact is, life is never fair.'

MA: 'Yeah.'

RM: 'Some people fly first class and some people, do you know what, it's never fair.'

MA: 'Yeah. But that poor Czech girl that was f*****g sent home. Hunted down and sent home.'

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jan Tue 11, 2022 3:39 pm
Pfizer CEO says two Covid vaccine doses aren’t ‘enough for omicron’

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla on Monday said two doses of the company’s vaccine may not provide strong protection against infection from the Covid omicron variant, and the original shots have also lost some of their efficacy at preventing hospitalization.
Covid will never stop mutating. Once you get vaccinated, you will most likely have to do it every year ....
Let your body build its own defense and be free.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 11, 2022 5:12 pm

PARIS, Jan 6 (Reuters) -
French Prime Minister Jean Castex said on Thursday that France was ready to deploy a fourth COVID-19 vaccination or second booster shot as soon as health authorities gave their green light to such a move.

"When the health authorities will give us the go-ahead, we'll go for it," Castex told BFM TV and RMC Radio....."
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pr ... 022-01-06/

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Tue 11, 2022 5:43 pm

First of all, I do not trust my body enough, and secondly I consider not being on a ventilator for a month as true freedom. So a shot every year, just like against the flu as I do for more than 10 years, gives me true freedom of not having to worry to get seriously ill when catching it.

A few weeks ago I went to a wedding, partying all night long like pre-Covid. everyone vaccinated (you needed a Vaccination certificate to enter). nobody tested positive afterwards. That was freedom finally back again.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 11, 2022 6:13 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Tue 11, 2022 5:43 pm
So a shot every year, just like against the flu as I do for more than 10 years, gives me true freedom of not having to worry to get seriously ill when catching it. ......
you are used to getting the flu vaccine every year. So another yearly "new flu" vaccine is no big deal. Yeah, I get it. Makes sense.
But for someone like me that has refused the flu vaccine for ever, it makes no sense to get into the covid game. I really wish they didn't impose that vaccine to all of us. It looks like it's gonna be one booster after another for years.