Tournaments this week

NOVAK'S Visa Appeal

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Joylan1
Junior
Junior
Re: NOVAK'S Visa Appeal

Post by Joylan1 » Jan Tue 11, 2022 9:52 pm

Atleast Grav admits he got the jabs so he wouldn't get sick, and not to help humanity.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 12, 2022 2:07 am

Joylan1 wrote:
Jan Tue 11, 2022 9:52 pm
Atleast Grav admits he got the jabs so he wouldn't get sick, and not to help humanity.
Lol, you make it sound as if using common sense is something to be ashamed of, lol…

Jabbed (double dose late spring 2021, booster in December) to prevent myself from ending up in hospital, but wearing mask where needed to prevent spreading (like not wanting to infect parents/relatives in their 80ties with weakened immune system in case I am an asymptomatic spreader).

I guess vaccination will stop as virus evolves to a less dangerous version and appropriate treatment/medication becomes available.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 12, 2022 2:22 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jan Tue 11, 2022 6:13 pm
you are used to getting the flu vaccine every year. So another yearly "new flu" vaccine is no big deal. Yeah, I get it. Makes sense.
But for someone like me that has refused the flu vaccine for ever, it makes no sense to get into the covid game. I really wish they didn't impose that vaccine to all of us. It looks like it's gonna be one booster after another for years.
Protection against preventable diseases has never been a big deal in Flanders. Kids are all vaccinated against polio, measles and other illnesses, tetanus, HPV, etc.
As a society, we invest a lot in research: I prefer to use the beneficial outcomes from all this scientific progress.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 12, 2022 8:34 am

Graveller wrote:
Jan Wed 12, 2022 2:22 am
Protection against preventable diseases has never been a big deal in Flanders. Kids are all vaccinated against polio, measles and other illnesses, tetanus, HPV, etc.
As a society, we invest a lot in research: I prefer to use the beneficial outcomes from all this scientific progress.
I am vaccinated against those too. It took years to develop them before injecting them to human. And the first time around, people didn't line up to get the vaccine. Every vaccine had a rough start.

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Jan Wed 12, 2022 12:18 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jan Wed 12, 2022 8:34 am
I am vaccinated against those too. It took years to develop them before injecting them to human. And the first time around, people didn't line up to get the vaccine. Every vaccine had a rough start.
Yes, lots of vaccines had issues as they were developed, but there was a lot of research on vaccines for Coronaviruses before COVID. As to your natural immunity argument, how well did the Native Americans fare when they were exposed to smallpox and other European viruses and only had their natural immunity? Some people may make (the majority obviously due) but plenty have died. And as to the unknown side effects of the vaccine, no one knows what the term effects of having COVID are post recovery. I knew people who survived polio only to be afflicted with post polio syndrome years later. I had chicken pox as an infant and developed a mild case of shingles many years later.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jan Wed 12, 2022 8:34 am
I understand that concern, but making a new vaccine in 2020 used all the knowledge and experience from developing vaccines for decades. And the initial issues have been resolved. In the 21st century, the only issues with vaccines are that they do not work. As far as I know, there has not been a new vaccine where trials were cancelled because it damaged the recipient. They stop it because it does not work. Science knows by now what medium composition to use that is safe. Hey, they develop a new flu vaccine every year as the strain changes all the time.

Over time, we learn to do things quicker. What took a year in the eighties, is now done in hours or a day.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Full text of Novak Djokovic statement on his COVID-19 ‘errors’

Published On 12 Jan 2022

I want to address the continuing misinformation about my activities and attendance at events in December in the lead up to my positive PCR COVID test result.

This is misinformation which needs to be corrected, particularly in the interest of alleviating broader concern in the community about my presence in Australia, and to address matters which are very hurtful and concerning to my family.

I want to emphasise that I have tried very hard to ensure the safety of everyone and my compliance with testing obligations.

I attended a basketball game in Belgrade on 14 December after which it was reported that a number of people tested positive with COVID 19.

Despite having no COVID symptoms, I took a rapid antigen test on 16 December which was negative, and out of an abundance of caution, also took an official and approved PCR test on that same day.

The next day I attended a tennis event in Belgrade to present awards to children and took a rapid antigen test before going to the event, and it was negative.

I was asymptomatic and felt good, and I had not received the notification of a positive PCR test result until after that event.

The next day, on 18 December I was at my tennis centre in Belgrade to fulfill a long-standing commitment for a L’Equipe interview and photoshoot. I cancelled all other events except for the L’Equipe interview.

I felt obliged to go ahead and conduct the L’Equipe interview as I didn’t want to let the journalist down, but did ensure I socially distanced and wore a mask except when my photograph was being taken.

While I went home after the interview to isolate for the required period, on reflection, this was an error of judgement and I accept that I should have rescheduled this commitment.

On the issue of my travel declaration, this was submitted by my support team on my behalf – as I told immigration officials on my arrival – and my agent sincerely apologises for the administrative mistake in ticking the incorrect box about my previous travel before coming to Australia.

This was a human error and certainly not deliberate. We are living in challenging times in a global pandemic and sometimes these mistakes can occur.

Today, my team has provided additional information to the Australian Government to clarify this matter.

While I felt it was important to address and clarify misinformation I will not be making any further comment out of utmost respect for the Australian Government and their authorities and the current process.

It is always an honour and a privilege to play in the Australian Open. The Australian Open is much-loved by players, fans and the community, not just in Victoria and in Australia, but around the globe, and I just want to have the opportunity to compete against the best players in the world and perform before one of the best crowds in the world.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 13, 2022 9:37 am

Stefanos, true leaders lead, they don't follow the crowd. lol

"For sure, he's been playing by his own rules and has been doing what not many players had the guts to do, especially after the ATP announced certain criteria for players to enter the country," Greece's Tsitsipas told India's WION news channel.

"No one really thought they could come to Australia unvaccinated and not having to follow the protocols... it takes a lot of daring to do and putting the Grand Slam at risk, which I don't think many players would do."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 13, 2022 10:19 am

Novak all smiles...Let's hope that lasts.

An overwhelming 83% of Australians want Novak Djokovic to be deported - piling pressure on immigration minister Alex Hawke.

Over 60,000 people responded to the survey conducted by NewsCorp, which indicates the feeling among members of the public Down Under.

Hawke, 44, is deliberating over whether to send the Serb home despite a judge overturning his visa cancellation.

According to The Saturday Paper journalist Paul Bongiorno, the world number one’s visa is apparently set to be cancelled - which could see Djokovic, 34, banned from Australia for three years.

He claims the decision has already been made and the Australian Open ’s most successful player will be deported.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jan Thu 13, 2022 10:38 am

Another poll pretending to speak for millions of Aussies.

I like to know if his first mach is sold out