Re: ZVEREV Accused Of Strangling Ex Girlfriend

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Thu 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Then, I'll teach them how to drive ...

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Thu 29, 2020 9:33 pm

My last good nerve is tight now, so don't try it!!

I'll be 58 next month 8) November 17th :) :) :)

I'm absolutely crazy during November, so don't push it cause I'm still angry the WTA Championships were moved from NYC Madison Square Garden!! Man, I put up a stank, lol lol lol, but totally serious!!

Wheeew!!

Happy Birthday, DJ, and I have a new Zverev baby to celebrate :P GOD IS GOOD

WOOHOO 8)

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Thu 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Say something else slick ~ I'll check back ...

!!!!!!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 30, 2020 8:24 am

Daria Garvrilova's support for ex-girlfriend in Alexander Zverev drama

Daria Gavrilova has spoken publicly of her support for Olga Sharypova after she made disturbing claims against ex-boyfriend Alexander Zverev.

German tennis star Zverev, the current World No.7, said on Thursday accusations by Sharypova that he had attacked her in New York last year were “simply not true”.

Zverev insisted claims made by Sharypova that he tried to “strangle” her while at the US Open were “unfounded” and made him “very sad”.

Sharypova did not initially name Zverev in her Instagram post but later confirmed to Russian media that she was referring to her fellow 23-year-old.

Sharypova also claimed that her head was hit against a wall and that she was forced to flee a hotel barefoot.

Amidst the drama, Aussie star Gavrilova has offered her support for Sharypova.

“Good on Olya for opening up. It would have been pretty scary!” Gavrilova tweeted.

“I just hope that she can handle all the negativity and what’s to come next.”

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Yeah, me!!

He was in The Final, no time for games!!

I told ya'll I was kidnapped once, right?? My baby too, then my uncles took over, strapped (oh boy)!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Nobody is worried about that little short punk!!

She better concentrate on her own sorry azze game!!

They've been on Sascha since his beginning ~ I guess someone thinks he's threatening (BS)!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 30, 2020 6:59 pm

Let me shut up before I get banned, LOL!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Sun 01, 2020 3:17 pm

REPORTS: Heavy Public Backlash Jeopardizes Alexander Zverev’s Adidas Sponsorship

BY AAYUSH MAJUMDAR
NOVEMBER 1, 2020

Alexander Zverev is undergoing a phase of highly mixed fortunes. While he is excelling on the tennis court and has had the best couple of months, certain aspects of his personal life are making things tough for him. Now, those aspects could very well affect his tennis career as well.

Zverev has been at the receiving end of a lot of backlashes lately after comments from two of his ex-girlfriends. As per strong reports, Zverev’s apparel sponsorship contract with Adidas is set to expire at the end of this year. He is one of the top athletes signed with the major sports apparel and equipment brand.

A public backlash spurred by the kind of accusations made by one of his ex-girlfriends can put him in trouble with Adidas. It will be interesting to see how the situation pans out and how his sponsors react.

Alexander Zverev receives public backlash

To make things worse, the Rolex Paris Masters Instagram handle recently deleted a post including Zverev. This happened after a lot of criticism for Zverev from fans commenting on the post. They slammed the German star over his ex-girlfriend Olga Sharypova’s accusations that Zverev abused her.

Zverev reacted to the comments, denied them, and said he has no idea why Sharypova said those things about him.

“They make me very sad. We have known each other since we were children and shared many experiences together. I very much regret that she makes such statements. Because the accusations are simply not true. We had a relationship, but it ended a long time ago,” Zverev said on the same.

How it all started
It all started when Zverev’s ex-girlfriend Brenda Patea announced she was expecting her and Zverev’s child. In addition to that, she had no intention to share the child’s custody with the tennis player and it seems things did not end on good terms between them.

For Zverev, time will tell how the personal situation pans out and how it affects his tennis career on and off the court. For now, he will turn his focus towards the Rolex Paris Masters 2020 and then the ATP Finals. He arrives in Paris on the back of consecutive titles in Cologne.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Sun 01, 2020 3:20 pm

WITNESS? Tennis player confirms Zverev abused ex girlfriend Olya Sharypova
Apparently there is a witness that can corroborate Olya Sharypova's accusations of domestic violence against Sascha Zverev

Things are getting more and more difficult for Alexander Zverev. The German ace was recently accused by his former girlfriend Olya Sharypova of domestic violence. In a statement, Sascha rebutted the accusation saying that they are unfounded. However, a fellow tennis player, Vasil Surduk, posted on Instagram that he was at the “epicenter” of what has happened and everything that Olya said was completely true.

Apparently, Vasil was also the guy that fetched Olya outside the hotel when she was kicked out from Sascha. As we keep on saying, Zverev deserves the benefit of the doubt, but his position is getting a bit shaky and apparently more details may emerge.

This was Vasil’s statement that was also reposted by Olya on Instagram:

“To everyone, I never been a fan [corrected from “fun”] of social media and drama. But today I saw that some of my friends from my [personal] life and college were informed of falsehood.

I want to share and support my best friend Olga. She is trying to bring the truth to the world about her last relationship when she was abused. I don’t have a goal to convince you who is bad and good person here. All I want you to know that I was at the epicenter when [corrected from “whenever”] it happened, and I confirm that every single Olga’s statement is absolutely true [corrected from “truth”].

If you believe me, believe her.”

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Tue 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Have a question or comment for Jon? Email him at jon_wertheim@yahoo.com or tweet him @jon_wertheim.

Any thoughts on how the ITF and ATP should respond [to the Zverev allegations], Jon? If these accusations lead to charges in a court of law, should he be suspended pending the results?
—@jakarta200887

• This of course pertains to Olya Sharypova’s allegation that she was a victim of domestic violence at the hands (literally) of her former boyfriend, Alexander Zverev. A few thoughts:

1) These are allegations and not charges. And, as always, the accused is entitled to presumptions….

2) But these are serious and credible accusations. And the idea, as a few of you suggested, that this is a “she-said-he-said” is really misguided. This is: she-made-a-detailed-allegation-backed-by-supporting-documentation-and-has-a-friend-who-offers-a-contemporaneous-account….he-responded-clumsily-in-the-same-post-in-which-he-confirmed-that-a-different-ex-girlfriend-is-pregnant-with-his-child. No criminal charges have been filed (though the statute of limitations in New York has not lapsed). And surely there is more to the story that is likely to emerge and will better inform judgment. But it is sloppy and wrong to suggest that these are simply two competing accounts that somehow cancel each other out.

3) Several of you asked about the ATP’s role here. Other, more conventional, leagues have domestic violence policies that have been collectively bargained, often drafted in conjunction with a players’ association. That’s not how tennis is set up. But there is language in the ATP rule book that could result in discipline. (Note p. 214.) Therefore….

4) The ATP ought to give serious consideration to ordering up an independent investigation. In a “read-the-room” kind of way, do you really want to ignore an alleged act of domestic violence, committed (allegedly) by a top player…during a tournament…in a tournament hotel? This was not an alleged bad act on the order of doping or match-fixing, that undermines competition. But if conduct “severely damaging to the reputation of the sport” is the standard, this would sure seem to threaten to meet the threshold. (All the more so if criminal charges stem, which hardly seems out of the question.) An investigation may absolve the accused. It’s possible the accuser will decline to cooperate. But it’s not a good look, as they say, for the ATP do nothing when a woman alleges that a player, “tried to choke me with a pillow, hit my head against the wall, twisted my hands.”

5) I asked an NBA executive how his league would handle this fact pattern. That is, if Zverev were an NBA player, what would happen? His response: “He would likely be provisionally suspended with pay pending the outcome of the investigation; at least under the NBA’s applicable domestic violence policy.”

6) I would suggest that it’s also relevant—not dispositive, of course; but relevant—that the accuser is a former tennis player of some note. She knows the culture. She knows the tour. She is friends with current top WTA players; she competed against others; she is friends with the wives of top ATP players. It would suggest that Sharypova did not take lightly her decision to attach her name to serious allegations.

7) I heard from a few of you—including former players and rival agents—expressing shock at these allegations. This really seems to have rattled fans and administrators and those who follow the sport closely. Whatever tennis’ challenges and defects, the “good people quotient” has always been a source of pride. Players may tank matches or pop off at officials; but, especially among top players, there’s not a lot of intersection with the police beat or criminal justice system or other darker corners. Real or imagined, this perception and sense of pride has now been punctured a bit.

8) Zverev is 23, which is still relatively young. He has a world of talent. He came within a point of taking a major title this year. He’s done a lot of other winning this year. He has also flouted COVID protocol; jeopardized an entire major by playing a match while admittedly sick with COVID-like symptoms. He is still in court with a former agent. Now this accusation. Just as his adidas deal comes due. Zverev is likely to work on his serve this off-season. He may want to devote considerably greater attention to a reputation in need of repair.