Tournaments this week

THIEM...Wow! Seems Selfish.

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: THIEM...Wow! Seems Selfish.

Post by Grossefavourite » Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:10 am

One thing Thiem fails to acknowledge is the massive leg up he didn't have to earn simply because he was born in a Western European country, free to travel wherever, whenever, however he wishes and having the most lucrative events basically in his backyard.

If you're not moved to largesse and charity during a worldwide epidemic, it speaks to your character. Of course, he's free to embody and live by his predilection, but he has to accept the response as well.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:52 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Apr Tue 28, 2020 4:00 pm
The reason I refused to participate in the United Way deal is that they force it down our throats, trying to shame anyone that doesn't participate.
They set it up so that they take it straight from the paycheck, at the source. They go through every department, every division, every sub-group, through HR and the various supervisors. It's insane. It's like an organized mafia.

The first year I started working in this company, there was so much pressure, in your face, to sign up. I did.
One day I was casually discussing it with a guy that's been there for a while. I don't remember how the discussion started. But he hated the whole setup so he stopped.
The following year, when they started their pressure campaign, I simply said NO. lol lol lol. Every year since, I just ignore their mails, deadlines, meetings, etc..

Don't get me started, I think it is a competition on which company succeeded in force feeding it down the employees' throats. The methods they use to force people to signup is like watching those prosperity TV preachers on Sunday morning. They start with give what you can afford, then they move to get that credit card and call next they will say dig into your 401K, :lol: :lol: . I am sure at some point they will tell the followers to get a second mortgage.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:56 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Apr Tue 28, 2020 6:50 pm
Full Disclosure: I was an United Way Team Captain :P

100 Percent Participation ... or else :shock: I'd walk right up to them, lol lol lol. As I said, 100% participation!!

I donated mine to my local community center, where I learned color guard marching, modern dancing, runway modeling, and much much more. I was Star DJ :P
lol, you are funny. But thank you for being involved.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Apr Wed 29, 2020 9:10 am

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Wed 29, 2020 9:20 am

sekasi wrote:
Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:52 am
... I am sure at some point they will tell the followers to get a second mortgage.
LOL LOL

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Thiem has the right to do with his money what he wants. I think he could give something to help those further down the rankings. There are many who work and toil with little to no support (no team, no physio, coach etc.) and those who are attempting to come back from serious injury. Tennis is an expensive sport. Do people have to play? No. you

But if you aren't going to donate, don't be a jerk and denigrate those below you in their work ethic or drive. Until you walk a mile in their shoes, you really don't know what is going on for them. It's just that simple. There's my bigger problem - he comes across another armchair quarterback regarding people's lives. Kindness is free, so if you aren't going to donate (and wish to give to other organizations), fine - just don't be a jer.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:08 am
"He still doesn't understand the point," Kyrgios said about Thiem on Instagram. "We at the top get paid far too much and there is not enough to go around. It's about helping where we can, professional or unprofessional, put yourself in their shoes."

Exactly!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:11 pm

sekasi wrote:
Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:52 am
Don't get me started, I think it is a competition on which company succeeded in force feeding it down the employees' throats. The methods they use to force people to signup is like watching those prosperity TV preachers on Sunday morning. They start with give what you can afford, then they move to get that credit card and call next they will say dig into your 401K, :lol: :lol: . I am sure at some point they will tell the followers to get a second mortgage.

Ain't nobody forcing you to dig into your 401K. That's illegal :lol:

I preach all day, everyday. Sing it too, lol lol lol :P

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Jeff in Texas wrote:
Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:03 pm
Thiem has the right to do with his money what he wants. I think he could give something to help those further down the rankings. There are many who work and toil with little to no support (no team, no physio, coach etc.) and those who are attempting to come back from serious injury. Tennis is an expensive sport. Do people have to play? No. you

But if you aren't going to donate, don't be a jerk and denigrate those below you in their work ethic or drive. Until you walk a mile in their shoes, you really don't know what is going on for them. It's just that simple. There's my bigger problem - he comes across another armchair quarterback regarding people's lives. Kindness is free, so if you aren't going to donate (and wish to give to other organizations), fine - just don't be a jer.
Jeff,

He's one major injury away :lol: And,,, he hasn't won a major yet!!

When he falls, no one is coming to his aid!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Apr Wed 29, 2020 12:21 pm

This is how I preach: