Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
ISNER Uses Cannabis

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 25, 2019 2:00 pm

John Isner is the First Pro Tennis Player to Sign a Cannabis Endorsement Deal
Calvin Hughes
Jul 24, 2019

One of the biggest stars in professional tennis is now one of the biggest endorsers of the cannabis compound CBD.

American tennis pro John Isner has announced a new deal with Defy, a Colorado-based company that makes cannabis-infused sports drinks. Defy's beverages are made using CBD - a non-intoxicating cannabis compound that has become popular in recent years for its health benefits.

CBD is also one of the few cannabis compounds that professional tennis players can actually use. The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) follows drug regulations set out by the International Tennis Federation and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). While WADA continues to ban players from using THC - the compound in cannabis that gets you high - neither association forbids the use of CBD.

Isner sees CBD as a game-changer for pros like himself.

"I play a sport where taking a single point off can be the difference between winning and losing a match and Defy is a product specifically intended to put me in a position to perform on every single point," Isner said in a statement. "It's been great getting to know Defy as a company and I look forward to working with them to help people achieve improved performance through CBD."

John Isner

@JohnIsner
Excited to partner with and be fueled by @DEFY! A key factor in my recovery process that helped get me back on the court faster than planned.💪 #DEFYxIsner

View image on Twitter
2:52 PM - Jul 23, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See John Isner's other Tweets
The news comes as part of a wave of marijuana reform that is sweeping across professional sports. A few months ago, the NFL announced plans to study the use of medical marijuana as an alternative pain medication for players. More recently, NBA commissioner Adam Silver said he would be open to changing the league's cannabis policies if that was something players wanted to bring to the bargaining table when the league hammers out its next Collective Bargaining Agreement.

However, Isner's new deal makes him one of only a handful of prominent athletes who have received sponsorships from the cannabis industry.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ISNER Uses Cannabis

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Thu 25, 2019 2:37 pm

While in College, I rented a room in a home. My host and their friends used to get together in the evening around the dining table to smoke marijuana. I don't know how many times they invited me to join but that was not for me. Can't even touch simple cigarette... :)

What I noticed is, after about an hour, they were all soft, some had their head resting on the table, some would go lie down on the couch, etc.
While WADA continues to ban players from using THC - the compound in cannabis that gets you high - neither association forbids the use of CBD
There is no way you can go win a match when your energy level is going down and down and down.... Marijuana shouldn't be banned. Is alcohol banned too? No one can beat anyone in tennis when high.
It's not like Meldonium that keeps someone running for ever, starting a 3rd set like it was the first game of the match.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 26, 2019 6:16 am

@JohnIsner
Excited to partner with and be fueled by @DEFY! A key factor in my recovery process that helped get me back on the court faster than planned.

CBD must work somehow in the recovery process, so WADA better take a hard look at it!!

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jul Fri 26, 2019 8:39 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Thu 25, 2019 2:37 pm

There is no way you can go win a match when your energy level is going down and down and down.... Marijuana shouldn't be banned. Is alcohol banned too? No one can beat anyone in tennis when high.
It's not like Meldonium that keeps someone running for ever, starting a 3rd set like it was the first game of the match.
:lol: :lol: dude stop.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Fri 26, 2019 2:52 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 6:16 am
@JohnIsner
Excited to partner with and be fueled by @DEFY! A key factor in my recovery process that helped get me back on the court faster than planned.
CBD must work somehow in the recovery process, so WADA better take a hard look at it!!
You mean a soft look?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Fri 26, 2019 2:53 pm

sekasi wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 8:39 am
:lol: :lol: dude stop.
I see you like that .. You are wicked. lol

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 2:52 pm
djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 6:16 am
@JohnIsner
You mean a soft look?
No, a serious biophysical look!! Cannabis kills brain cells (sight too), but what does CBD do to the physical body??

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 27, 2019 8:28 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 8:34 pm
Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Fri 26, 2019 2:52 pm
You mean a soft look?
No, a serious biophysical look!! Cannabis kills brain cells (sight too), but what does CBD do to the physical body??
Doesn't alcohol kill brain too. If you abuse any of those, it will kill your brain. No doubt.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Mon 29, 2019 6:31 am

YUP, but we were talking about cannabis!!

Oh, and correction: Marijuana is used to improve glaucoma problems, so it does have healing powers. Scientists don't exactly know what CBD does to the body - FDA is investigating now!!