Tournaments this week

SIMONA, to be Wimby Champ 2019!

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: SIMONA, to be Wimby Champ 2019!

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Mon 15, 2019 6:45 am

She was subdued, but I'm thinking it was an injury she was trying to hide. She knew from jump that she couldn't compete, but didn't want to disappoint the fans and paying customers so she didn't withdrawal (even more controversy should've ensued)!! That's the reason why she wasn't upset or disappointed during or after the match. That was very strange and a tell!!

That's my take!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 15, 2019 9:34 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Mon 15, 2019 6:45 am
She was subdued, but I'm thinking it was an injury she was trying to hide. She knew from jump that she couldn't compete, but didn't want to disappoint the fans and paying customers so she didn't withdrawal (even more controversy should've ensued)!! That's the reason why she wasn't upset or disappointed during or after the match. That was very strange and a tell!!

That's my take!!
She also needed/wanted to counter the image and fallout from her last GS final against Osaka. I found it interesting that upon leaving the press conference, she got a pat on the back from someone in her entourage as if to say, well done as planned.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:33 am

djmm1962 wrote:

That's my take!!
hmmm.. Was I right when I thought playing Mixed Doubles was a bad idea? That she should save all her energy for Singles?
How much can she put on those knees in a Single tournaments?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:35 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 15, 2019 10:33 am
djmm1962 wrote:

That's my take!!
hmmm.. Was I right when I thought playing Mixed Doubles was a bad idea? That she should save all her energy for Singles?
How much can she put on those knees in a Single tournaments?
I think they tanked the MD. Anyway, she had to gamble and get the extra matches because she was almost ousted the first round by a qualifier.