WIMBLEDON Injury List

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: WIMBLEDON Injury List

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 25, 2019 11:54 am

Ashleigh Barty out of Eastbourne with arm injury
WTA should review its rules. Players should be able to withdraw from tournaments citing fatigue.
"Injury" is used too many times as reason to withdraw while the player only needs some rest.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 25, 2019 11:58 am

Del Potro slipped on the grass while playing his opening match at Queen's
He is too tall to be messing up on grass. Should have gone for Basketball.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 26, 2019 2:04 pm

BELLIS ON ENDURING FOUR SURGERIES, AND COMING BACK

The 20-year-old hasn't played since March 2018 due to wrist and elbow injuries, but she's eager to get back to her Top-40 form.

"Each one I was like, no, I'm not doing the surgery. I’m done with tennis. I'm not going to do this. I'm not going to put my body through this anymore. It’s just not worth it... But I ended up doing it. My gut told me to do it and fix it and try to come back."

The 20-year-old American has been off the tour since March 2018 with right wrist and elbow injuries. She's undergone four surgeries, but despite all she's been through—including a surgery that shortened the bone in her arm—she's planning to be back this year, maybe even in time for the US Open.

At 15, Bellis burst onto the scene at the 2014 US Open with an upset of Dominika Cibulkova. She forwent a scholarship at Stanford to turn pro, and earned WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2017 after reaching a career-high ranking of No. 35.

Her long injury hiatus has given her new perspective on life, and allowed her to spend more time with family, friends and her boyfriend, University of Florida Gator Sam Riffice. She's also started working toward her college degree online with Indiana University East.