SERENA'S Fault, Dominic? How?

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: SERENA'S Fault, Dominic? How?

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Serena Williams: 'I never forced Dominic Thiem to leave press room'

Serena Williams showed up publicly to the press on Saturday at Wimbledon for the first time since her controversy with Dominic Thiem in press conference at the French Open. The American player clarified that the Austrian did not leave the room because of her.

"Yeah, I asked them to put me in the small room. I begged them to put me in the small room, and they didn’t. I said, “Listen, I can come back. I’m just going to go back”. They’re like, “No, stay here”.

They pulled him out. I was like, “You guys are so rude to do that,” quote-unquote, that’s what I said. The next day I had a bad personality. Literally that’s what happened. Actually stuck up for the guy, so… I don’t understand how I got a bad personality for telling them what they did was wrong to him.

But we spoke about it. I’ve always liked him. I still like him. He’s a great, like, player. I mean, he’s unbelievable. I’m really, quite frankly, too old to be in controversy. That’s why I just wanted to clear the air.

I’m like, “Dude, I told them that it wasn’t right what they did”. He said he didn’t say “bad personality”, that you guys mixed up his words. It’s all good. That’s literally what happened", said Serena. "They should have never kicked the guy out. Like, it was not cool.’