SASCHA To Coach Kristina Mladenovic

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
SASCHA To Coach Kristina Mladenovic

Post by Grossefavourite » Apr Mon 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Two months after a surprise split with two-time Gand Slam champion Naomi Osaka, Sascha Bajin has formed a new coaching partnership with former world No. 10 Kristina Mladenovic. The Frenchwoman took to Twitter on Monday to announce the newly formed partnership.

Kristina Mladenovic
✔ @KikiMladenovic
I am very excited to announce you my new collaboration with Sascha Bajin.
Welcome to the team,coach @bigsascha !☺️🙏🏻👊🏻💪🏻🎾
📸 @corinnedubreuil

The No. 66-ranked Maldenovic and Bajin started working together at the Miami Open last month, but not on an official capacity.

Top-ranked Osaka and Bajin split just 16 days after she won her second consecutive major, at the Australian Open, and took over the No. 1 ranking. In December, Bajin became the first coach to win the WTA Coach of the Year award.

In her first tournament following the split, Osaka was stunned by Mladenovic in Dubai. The Japanese star did, however, get her revenge a few weeks later in the Indian Wells opener.

Bajin previously worked with former No. 1s and Grand Slam winners Serena Williams, Caroline Wozniacki, and Victoria Azarenka.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SASCHA To Coach Kristina Mladenovic

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Mon 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Mon 15, 2019 2:59 pm

This is great new for my girl. Sasha, a graduate from the Richard Williams Tennis Academy, department or Coaching, :) will be a great asset to this power player who only needs a few screws to be tighten to become a consistent threat on the ladies' tour.
Watch out, Pova, Stuttgart is around the corner.

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Apr Mon 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Goodness knows Mladenovic needs help. Good for her for trying something/someone with a proven track record.