ZVEREV Accused Of Strangling Ex Girlfriend

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: ZVEREV Accused Of Punching, Strangling Ex Girlfriend

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Fri 06, 2020 1:34 pm

ZVEREV'S EX-GIRLFRIEND SHARYPOVA ALLEGES MORE SERIOUS PHYSICAL ABUSE
“It’s really hard to talk about this, because it really was a hell,” she said in an interview with Racquet magazine.

Alexander Zverev's former girlfriend, Olya Sharypova, has accused the tennis player of further physical abuse while the two were dating in 2019.

The 23-year-old Russian, a former junior player, told Racquet magazine that Zverev, also 23, punched her in the face during an argument in the pair's hotel room while Zverev was competing in the Laver Cup in Geneva, and she took insulin in a suicide attempt.

This adds to her initial allegations earlier this week, in interviews with Germany's Bild Zeitung and Russia's Championat, that Zverev put a pillow on her face and pushed her into their hotel room wall during the 2019 US Open. Zverev had issued a statement saying, “I very much regret that she makes such statements. Because the accusations are simply not true.”

Sharypova also shared a snapshot of a text conversation in Russian which she said was from a friend's phone. It showed her saying she had no shoes and asking to be picked up from a New York hotel, along with a subsequent exchange with a photo that she indicated showed her luggage placed by Zverev in the hallway.

Here are the translated screenshots pic.twitter.com/3KhlKPhfXc

— Salty???? (@saltytennis) October 29, 2020
Asked for further comment on the newest allegations, a PR representative for Zverev said the player “stands by this statement” and added, “Mr. Zverev regrets that Mrs. Sharypova continues to feed the public without having spoken to him. We are still working towards achieving the reasonable and respectful dialogue Alexander mentioned in his original statement.”

Sharypova's original comments followed a statement by another ex-girlfriend, 27-year-old Brenda Patea, announcing her pregnancy and saying that Zverev was the father, although they no longer have contact with each other. The pair had shared photographs of themselves together in the 2019 off-season, and were dating publicly into this year. Zverev has acknowleged that he is the father.

At least three individual incidents of physical abuse were detailed by Sharypova in her most recent allegations.

Sharypova told Racquet magazine that she and Zverev had dated in the juniors and then started their relationship again in 2018. A few months in, she said he began verbally abusing her with comments like, “'I’m a successful person, I earn money—but you’re nobody,'” adding, “It was emotional violence—I can’t say it any other way.”

Sharypova said the first violent incident occurred in 2019 in Monaco, but that she could not recall the exact date. She recalled being showed against a wall and falling to the floor.

“He got scared, and then he started lying,” she said. “He said I hit him first, he was saying he didn’t do it, he’d never done it.”

She said that she was also frequently criticized and questioned by Zverev, including frequent attempts to contact her when she was elsewhere with friends. “I had nobody with me to support me and make me feel like I’m not a bad person,” she said. “I was always blamed as the reason he competed badly, it was because of me.”

But she pointed to the incident at the US Open, where she said she attempted to escape the relationship, as different.

“It wasn’t our normal fight—it was really scary,” she said. “I was screaming, and because of that he threw me down onto the bed, took a pillow, and then sat on my face. I couldn’t breathe for some time.”

Sharypova said she left with the help of a friend and returned the next day to find her belongings in the hallway, though the two eventually got back together. No police report was apparently filed.

But she said the event had been significant.

“In this moment he understood that he’s much stronger in this way than me, physically stronger,” she said. “He starts doing this much more. When he realized that he had nothing to say, he started to do this.”

According to Sharypova, more violence followed at the Laver Cup, played two weeks following the US Open.

“We had another fight, and in that fight he punched me in the face for the first time,” she said. “In other fights he was pushing me, shoving me, twisting my arms, choking me. But this was the first time he punched me, really punched me.”

Sharypova said she then attempted suicide by taking insulin as a way of escaping the relationship. She said Zverev came back and found her in the locked bathroom, and went to get a tournament official when she refused to open the door.

She recalled them “saying, ‘Please, Olga, open the door, we need to help you.’”

“I was just crying, and I didn’t understand what to do,” she said. “I opened the door.”

Sharypova has stated that she is not planning to file a legal complaint, but wants to share her story.

“It was really hard to start talking about this, but I know that many people are going through... the same things... and they don’t understand what to do,” she said.

Zverev recently won back-to-back events in Cologne and reached his first Grand Slam final at this year’s US Open. He is in the quarterfinals of this week’s Paris Masters, and declined to add to his previous statement about the allegations.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: ZVEREV Accused Of Strangling Ex Girlfriend

Post by djmm1962 » Nov Sat 07, 2020 1:03 pm

Jealousy and people fall for it every damn time!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Nov Sat 07, 2020 1:04 pm

Let me get dressed and I'll be back ...

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Mon 09, 2020 11:29 am

Sharypova: "Zverev told me that I was nobody and that he had the money"

The difficult moment on a personal level continues for the young and talented German tennis player Alexander Zverev. The latter, fresh from two consecutive successes in Cologne, is grappling with a delicate personal matter with his ex Olga Sharypova who accused the boy of domestic violence.

The two have long since closed relations, but a few days ago the girl posted this incredible message through social media: "She tried to strangle me with the pillow, put my head against the wall and blocked my arms.

There was a time when I feared for life, this was not the first and not even the last time he got his hands on me in the course of our relationship."

After this post, Zverev published a long message on social networks where he made it clear that all this is false and that he does not understand the reason for this attack by his ex, the two have known each other for years and the German did not believe that the relationships they were so tense.

Through the German portal Amp.sport Olga Sharypova carried out a new attack by increasing the dose against the current number 7 in the world, here are her words: "It happened in New York where he, after the Laver Cup, used violence in my comparisons.

I didn't know what to do, in the course of our relationship there were strong psychological pressures and he said to me You are nobody, you have nothing! I have money and success! " Then the girl continued:" I loved Sascha and I thought we would get over all this.

When I left him I didn't feel ready to tell everything, but now I want to help other women. I have evidence like messages, photos, and I'm sure there are surveillance cameras outside the New York hotel that can certify my words.

" It is certainly a very difficult situation for the German tennis player and we will see how it will evolve in the coming weeks. At the Rolex Paris Masters, on the hard-courts of Paris-Bercy, the German played the first and the second round: he got a bye in the first round, while he defeated Miomir Kecmanovic in the second one.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Nov Mon 09, 2020 11:41 pm

So?!?

What are you gonna do about it??

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Nov Mon 09, 2020 11:42 pm

I have his heavy six, and I don't play!!!

~ DR DJ ~

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Nov Mon 09, 2020 11:43 pm

I will drop you exactly where you stand!!

Keep on talking ...

(trace in effect)

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Wed 11, 2020 12:14 pm

Uproar over Alexander Zverev's 'disgusting' act in runner-up speech

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-news ... 20319.html

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Nov Sun 22, 2020 9:36 am

Novak Djokovic speaks on Alexander Zverev - Olya Sharypova case

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic gave a politically correct answer when asked about the allegations Olya Sharypova made against Alexander Zverev as the Serb said we don't what truly happened and added that he condemns any type of violence.

Recently, Sharypova -- Zverev's ex-girlfriend -- claimed she was abused multiple times by the German during their relationship but it all escalated at last year's US Open. "Well, yes, I know who you are alluding to.

I mean, yeah, I mean I heard what happened. We don't know what happened truly. I mean, we are going to find out obviously," Djokovic said of the Zverev - Sharypova case, as revealed by Tennis Majors. "I have known Sascha for a very long time since he was very young.

I always had a great relationship with him. Very nice guy. I have a lot of respect for him, his family. I'm same age and generation as his older brother Mischa, so I was sad to hear and to know he's going through something like this.

"Again, I don't know what happened. Of course, I mean, obviously I'm not supporting any kind of violence. So we will have to wait and see."

Djokovic thinks the ATP should introduce domestic violence policy
"Whether ATP should develop the kind of a policy, yeah, I mean, why not? Probably it should be there in place.

But I guess it wasn't developed and it wasn't there because we just did not have the cases like this. I think, previously -- I might be wrong, correct me -- I mean, in the history of sport. But I have not heard that we had maybe top players involved in such instances," Djokovic added.

"So maybe that kind of case will, you know, in a way inspire ATP to do something like that. So, yeah." Djokovic claimed a straight-set win over Alexander Zverev at the Nitto ATP Finals on Friday and booked a semifinal clash against Dominic Thiem.

"What else can I say? I have said everything that I can. You know, it's very unfortunate that these kind of false allegations can put such damage and put the attention away from the sport or towards those, but it's the world we live in right now unfortunately.

Yeah, there is nothing more that I can do," Zverev said of the Sharypova allegations after the Djokovic match, per George Bellshaw.