Tournaments this week

Can someone explain this culture?

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: Can someone explain this culture?

Post by Graveller » Feb Tue 15, 2022 2:14 am

Pyotr and Joylan are making it too complicated when trying to label me.
1) I am 100% atheist
2) I consider anyone believing in a God or higher being as an idiot.
3) I accept my mortality and when I am dead, I will be gone. End of story.

All in all, I am allergic to anyone bringing up religion when it comes on how people should live their life.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Feb Tue 15, 2022 10:36 am

Grav that your choice, but don't try to imply that its a liberal position because its not.

In the US white liberals try really hard to hide their religious bigotry in front of Blacks and Hispanic, because they know we are very religious and need are votes. But many of us are starting to believe they are not good people.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Tue 15, 2022 11:25 am

Religious people are the easiest ones to win over their vote: they are conditioned since birth to believe whatever is told to them.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 15, 2022 5:19 pm

Graveller wrote:
Feb Tue 15, 2022 2:14 am
Pyotr and Joylan are making it too complicated when trying to label me.
1) I am 100% atheist
2) I consider anyone believing in a God or higher being as an idiot.
3) I accept my mortality and when I am dead, I will be gone. End of story.

All in all, I am allergic to anyone bringing up religion when it comes on how people should live their life.
Grav you do believe in a higher power, you just don't realize that it's your own ego.
You are your God.

Take solace that I neither hate you nor wish you ill. I pity you,
but that's on me. I can always pray for you and wish you well. :D

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Tue 15, 2022 5:25 pm

Graveller wrote:
Feb Tue 15, 2022 11:25 am
Religious people are the easiest ones to win over their vote: they are conditioned since birth to believe whatever is told to them.
Thankfully, we fools have your wisdom to try and illuminate our dim minds. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Wed 16, 2022 5:26 am

Why on earth would I want to illuminate the dim ones? The more useful idiots there are to take advantage from, the better for me.

But please pray for me. And afterwards go voting for a party the supports the death penalty.
I wonder how you are gonna explain that one when facing your Maker :-) . For your sake, I hope he has some wicked sense of humor.

And Jesus said: "Kill that man. Inject him with poison. That is how you truly honour me". Book of Republicans, 7:41

"And one the ninth day, God said 'Let there be a wall'. And look, there was a wall, and everyone's heart was filled with joy. Those needing help and support would not bother the Good People anymore". Book of Trump 4:12.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Wed 16, 2022 10:51 am

Graveller wrote:
Feb Tue 15, 2022 11:25 am
Religion is a personal experience. Once you encounter the Holy Spirit, your eyes open to things you could only read about. You quickly realize that around you, there are more things than what you see or what you feel.
It's an amazing experience that everyone can live if they sincerely want to.

Try it. Challenge God. Ask him to prove to you he exists.
Challenge him to show you signs that he can hear you. Be your own witness.
Just try. You have nothing to lose except coming back here to make fun of believers, or to testify of his greatness.
Until you try that challenge, your view on religion is emptiness.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Wed 16, 2022 4:48 pm

Oh, I am baptised and was raised as a ‘good’ catholic… But I escaped. And the process of religious kid to non-religious adult took a lot of time. Ending up as the atheist of the family…

I ultimately came to the realisation that “believing in God” is in essence a way for people to live with themselves. But none of them actually comes close to living the life that they would if they really believed. They believe in God on Sunday and vote for Trump on Tuesday…

I don’t need a god to forgive me. Me, only me am responsible for my actions and choices. I have to live with that. I accepted my mortality (and that of the people I care about) long time ago and not afraid of not existing anymore. I have been in a state of non-existence for eternity before I was born, and looking back, it is nothing to be afraid of. Of course I do not want to die (weirdly, even religious people do not want to die, despite believing there is paradise and eternal happyness on the other side), and the process of accepting mortality took a long time, but I more or less got there.

Also, the universe is something we cannot understand (yet), but I do not need an explanation. One day, the human knowledge will get there - probably not in my lifetime, well, so be it. It’s like the God of thunder who was very real for people until we got smart enough to explain it.

Yes, I read your post, but would not even know what to ask any God as evidence. And If God is really needy for my attention, I guess I’ll see an angel in my bedroom.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Feb Wed 16, 2022 6:39 pm

So Grav is another whining Catholic. You are not a atheists, atheists have respect for religion and understand how important religion is to others, its just not important to them.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Wed 16, 2022 9:09 pm

Graveller wrote:
Feb Wed 16, 2022 4:48 pm
Oh, I am baptised and was raised as a ‘good’ catholic… But I escaped. And the process of religious kid to non-religious adult took a lot of time. Ending up as the atheist of the family…
I was also a Catholic boy. But being catholic doesn't mean you are in touch with the Holy Spirit. People can be Christians all their lives and never come into contact with the Holy Spirit. That's a whole different level.
Yes, I read your post, but would not even know what to ask any God as evidence....
lol lol ... Just make the simplest request, like "God, you are just an illusion. I don't believe you exist and I believe people that call your name every day are lunatics, brainwashed idiots who "go to church Sunday and vote for Trump Tuesday"... But someone asked me to challenge that belief. So here it is: if it's true that you exist, let me see it; show me a sign that cannot be interpreted in any other way than proof of your presence."....

Something along those lines would be enough. Give it a shot. You can even give him a deadline. Something like "if by the end of this day, or by the end of this hour, or in 2 days, or by the end of this week, I don't see any sign, you are fake. But if you show me a sign, I'll sing your praises the rest of my life".
Would you take that challenge?