politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Can someone explain this culture?

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Wed 09, 2022 2:53 pm

TV boss Muzzammil Hassan found guilty of beheading wife
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-12388540

Iran: Man beheads 17-year-old wife and shows up with the head in public in Ahvaz city, arrested
https://www.opindia.com/2022/02/iran-ma ... in-public/

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can someone explain this culture?

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Wed 09, 2022 2:58 pm

Wife-Beating, Wife-Beheading and the Qur'an
American Muslim leaders have been quick to condemn the beheading of a woman by her Muslim husband in
Buffalo, saying it has nothing to do with religion. Is there a connection between religion and domestic violence?
1.....This week's "On Faith" questions hit me with a flurry ofquestions:
1.1.....Have any non-American Muslim leaders condemned the beheading?
1.2....."Quick" after the beheading, could anybody know whether, in the murderer's mind, religion had anything to
do with his crime?
1.3.....Since beheading is a solid Muslim tradition & contemporary practice, how could any Muslim leader say
that a particular beheading by a Muslim had "nothing to do with religion"?
1.4.....Since the beheader was religious, and of a religion that practices beheading, how - in light of this event -
could anyone ask whether there is "a connection between religion and domestic violence"?

2.....I take no pleasure in citing any evidence of Islamic beheadings, and do so only because of widespread denials of it by some Muslims and consequent widespread public confusion on the subject. I'll cite only one reference in the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an: "smite their necks...slaughter...." (2.47.4 "Muhammad").
Subsequent Muslim literature ( including hadith and sharia law) is replete with instructions on beheadings. / CIA agent William Buckley was beheaded in Iran after Hezbollah kidnapped him in Lebanon and sent him to Iran.
American journalist Daniel Pearl's beheading was broadcast on Muslim television. / I was saddened, but not surprised, when a Muslim took the law (that is, sharia) into his own hands and beheaded his wife. Not that domestic murder is uncommon; but in the West, beheading is uncommon.

3.....I've seen no poll indicating, in cases of domestic violence, the presence or absence of religion as factor. I do know that wife-beating (but not wife-beheading) is approved in Islam (Qur'an 1.4.38 "Women"), and nowhere approved in Christian writings (indeed, it would be virtual masochism: "husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies" [Ephesians 5:28]). / The Buffalo Muslim who beheaded his wife had the Islamic right to beat her, and he probably did, but that treatment proved inadequate to subdue her.

BY WILLIS E. ELLIOTT | FEBRUARY 27, 2009; 12:04 AM ETSAVE & SHARE
Tell me that has nothing to do with religion. Holding a human being and cutting his/her throat? What act of barbary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Wed 09, 2022 3:02 pm

conclusion: Save your soul. Get out of the teaching of beheading. No religion should teach violence as a mean to resolve issues.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Thu 10, 2022 3:32 am

Even better: simply ban all religions. 95% of conflicts between people and/or societies would be resolved.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Feb Thu 10, 2022 11:20 am

My faith is important to me and I am not giving it up to no one.

What's Muslims do in their own country is their business.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 10, 2022 11:31 am

Graveller wrote:
Feb Thu 10, 2022 3:32 am
Even better: simply ban all religions. 95% of conflicts between people and/or societies would be resolved.
There is a religion that teaches peace. And there is another one that preaches violence. Look around today and watch. It's obvious.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Fri 11, 2022 3:30 am

Nope, can't think of any religion that does not preach hate/intolerance/discrimination in some form towards people who do not follow the rules (or their human interpretation) of a fairy-tale book.

Those so-called christian TV-priests, for example, are a perfect example.

The basic moral principles (do not steal, do not kill, live in harmony) can be perfectly thought to kids without including the concept of a "God/Allah/Jahweh/Odin/Zeus/Ra/ etc etc...".
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Feb Fri 11, 2022 10:18 pm

This is the problem with democrats. Grav is a religious bigots masquerading as a liberal.

Religious bigotry has nothing to do with being a liberal or democrat.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Fri 11, 2022 11:24 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Feb Thu 10, 2022 11:31 am
There is a religion that teaches peace. And there is another that preaches violence. Look around today and watch. It's obvious.
Exactly! Furthermore, we have seen the maturation of Christianity, where wrong steps and moves
were made across time, but by the grace of God we've seen that evolution(where it hasn't been
all perfect but from generation to generation grows better).

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Feb Fri 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Joylan1 wrote:
Feb Fri 11, 2022 10:18 pm
This is the problem with democrats. Grav is a religious bigots masquerading as a liberal.

Religious bigotry has nothing to do with being a liberal or democrat.
My only issue with some liberals like Grav is at times the hypocrisies. Where other
religions can be called to the carpet easily. Yet, they go radio silent or just lump
all religions together when it comes to criticizing Islam.