Tournaments this week

President Elect Joe Biden & VP Elect Kamala Harris

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: President Elect Joe Biden & VP Elect Kamala Harris

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 20, 2021 11:32 am

LOL, you are like all right-wing fascists that I know: you raise a genuine problem, but your solution is inhumane and morally corrupt.

The US (and by extension, the whole Western world, including my own country) have exploited other countries for centuries, but refuse to face the responsibility to deal with the misery on which their prosperity has been build....

Trump (and his cult) go for a medieval solution of oppression and hate. I see that Biden does see the humane solution: he announced today some funding to Guatemala, El Salvador etc.. I know you find that a repulsing policy, but by giving back a part of what your ancestors stole, you improve their life and their need to flee their country.

It is so easy to see: no one likes to leave their country; they only do that out of desperation. Make their lives better over there, and they won't come.
Now I am not naive: give the money without checks and balances, and the corrupt politicians in those countries will run away with it (they also have their local Bannons).

Same with climate change: the ones that deny the most (=right wingers) fail to see that the long-term consequence is an unstoppable flood of climate refugees.. I love to hear Italian right-wingers deny climate change when they will become the gateway of a billion of refugees from Africa/Asia when things go really bad...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jan Wed 20, 2021 11:57 am

Sadly there is no point of discussion. White liberal are too self righteous and arrogant to admit they are wrong.

As a lifetime Democrat, it sad to see.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 21, 2021 4:49 am

Joylan1 wrote:
Jan Wed 20, 2021 11:57 am
Sadly there is no point of discussion. White liberal are too self righteous and arrogant to admit they are wrong.

As a lifetime Democrat, it sad to see.
I don't get it... for me, if there is one person that personifies white liberalism (with a gravy of racism on top of it), it is Trump.... a life-time business man who pursued a minimum of regulations, giving him the freedom (freedom=libertas; the origin of the word 'liberal') to trade and deal as he pleased. Liberals want no red tape.

ps: You were never a democrat. You may have voted for that party, but anyone remotely supporting/defending/believing Trump, ultimately rejected the core of democracy.
That is one of the good things that Trump achieved: because of him, people (unintentionally?) revealed their true personality as well as the moral principles that they stood for.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 21, 2021 10:26 am

Immigration reform to accommodate/legalize illegal aliens, asylum seekers, etc is necessary but the measures sought by many are those that they themselves would denounce back in their home countries. This sort of hypocrisy is grating.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jan Thu 21, 2021 9:39 pm

This is why Democrats have to rigged elections to win. Democrats have NEVER supported illegal immagration.
They have always believed that illegal immagration hurts blacks and working class whites.

Trump position on immagration is where the Democrats used to be and why he was able to pull blacks and working class whites from Democrats.

Maybe foreigners should do more than watch CNN.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 22, 2021 5:18 am

Joylan1 wrote:
Jan Thu 21, 2021 9:39 pm
This is why Democrats have to rigged elections to win.
Ah, you are "one of them"... lol.... (why am I not surprised?)