Tournaments this week

Kamala Harris for VP

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
serenarulz09
Senior
Senior
Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Tue 25, 2020 12:47 pm

I’m not one who believes life is so much better here, because that’s just not true. You sound like you are from Europe am I correct? I visited Germany and Switzerland in 2017 and it was amazing. I Love how they do not expect people to work all the time and give them a lot of holiday. The US is all about material things and who has the most. However, neither Trump or Biden will fix any of that, so we still lose out.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Tue 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Jeff in Texas wrote:
Aug Tue 25, 2020 1:47 am
What exactly do you think Biden is going to do to wreck the economy? Raise taxes on the wealthy? How is this going to be done?
Yes, isn't it always said that it's just going to tax the wealthy(what is considered wealthy?) and yet the middle class always gets screwed, especially small business owners. Biden is proposing a $4T tax increase over 10 years. Middle class families to get hit with at least $2,000 a year in new taxes. Also, personally, being from the rust belt, energy is a big deal, Biden's possible energy proposals would be devastating.

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Tue 25, 2020 12:59 pm

He will have to raise taxes on the middle class for the healthcare that he is wanting for one thing. I know he says it won’t, but it will have to. I don’t see anyway around raising it either way with all of these stimulus checks they are throwing out too. He also will take away the 15 percent business tax cut that Trump put in(although I’m for him taking that away if he wins) I do think that will cause businesses to move out overseas, which is also what I think he wants.

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Tue 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Grav... when I went went to dinner the first time in Germany I waited for over 45 minutes and still no check. I finally figured out you have to ask for your check. I guess since they do not have to rely on tips so much they do not care if you take your time? That was really nice. It was weird not tipping.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Tue 25, 2020 1:37 pm

serenarulz09 wrote:
Aug Tue 25, 2020 12:59 pm
He will have to raise taxes on the middle class for the healthcare that he is wanting for one thing. I know he says it won’t, but it will have to. I don’t see anyway around raising it either way with all of these stimulus checks they are throwing out too. He also will take away the 15 percent business tax cut that Trump put in(although I’m for him taking that away if he wins) I do think that will cause businesses to move out overseas, which is also what I think he wants.
He wants to reinstate the individual mandate. It's the thing that turned my daughter off to Obama as being his biggest supporter in my family. I knew their was no way millennials would go for pay now receive later(in old age). Also, how does raising taxes on business help?
It will drive big business overseas as we've seen prior(with taxes and regulations) and hamper or put small business out of business. Add that on top of recovering after CoVid when it does hopefully die down, you'll devastate the economy.

I didn't vote for Trump in '16 but on the Economy/Trade alone, he's a better choice than Biden could ever hope to be for me.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Fri 28, 2020 9:22 am

Graveller wrote:
Aug Wed 19, 2020 11:55 am

For the sake of America on the short-term, I hope for a Trump win. Because a small Biden-win will not be accepted by Trump and his supporters. In that scenario, I would put some money on a de facto civil war. All those Trump-supporting white-supremacist gun-owners will cause carnage. It could turn out into an ugly racial war.

Not joking here: make sure you have a decent food-supply for 2-3 months in your house by the beginning of november. Prepare yourself and make sure that you can protect yourself.

And one week later, a 17y-old white Trump supporter with a rifle gun demonstrates what I claimed.

I am just an outsider, so my point of view will obviously be diffeent than that of US-citizens, but I think that the USA has a SERIOUS problem. If Biden wins, these gun-loving idiots will strike again. And Trump wins, then Trump and his supporters will consider themselves to be untouchable, and the US is heading for a de facto authoritarian regime for (at least) 4 more years.
Seriously, who is gonna stop him? The House? The Senate? LOL, even if the Senate turns blue (what won't happen with a Trump win), his base won't accept the authority of the House and Senate. Trump won't, for sure.

You all wanted to have guns, believing it was still safe because you would always remain a decent democratic country. Now you are about to find out what will happen if moral and decency are taken over by extremists, populists and racists who believe to have carte blanche when their supreme leader gets re-elected. Because as an outsider, I do not see a genuine democratic country anymore.

Feel free to vote for an independent candidate (or not vote at all): the only thing you will achieve is a dangerous minority to win again and believe that they are the majority. You may think that Biden is bad for the economy, just remember: there won't be an economy when you end up in a civil war.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Fri 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Graveller wrote:
Aug Fri 28, 2020 9:22 am
And one week later, a 17y-old white Trump supporter with a rifle gun demonstrates what I claimed.

I am just an outsider, so my point of view will obviously be diffeent than that of US-citizens, but I think that the USA has a SERIOUS problem. If Biden wins, these gun-loving idiots will strike again. And Trump wins, then Trump and his supporters will consider themselves to be untouchable, and the US is heading for a de facto authoritarian regime for (at least) 4 more years.
Seriously, who is gonna stop him? The House? The Senate? LOL, even if the Senate turns blue (what won't happen with a Trump win), his base won't accept the authority of the House and Senate. Trump won't, for sure.

You all wanted to have guns, believing it was still safe because you would always remain a decent democratic country. Now you are about to find out what will happen if moral and decency are taken over by extremists, populists and racists who believe to have carte blanche when their supreme leader gets re-elected. Because as an outsider, I do not see a genuine democratic country anymore.

Feel free to vote for an independent candidate (or not vote at all): the only thing you will achieve is a dangerous minority to win again and believe that they are the majority. You may think that Biden is bad for the economy, just remember: there won't be an economy when you end up in a civil war.
Let me assure you in the US, you would indeed have another Civil War before the 2nd Amendment would
be violated and the government confiscate the firearms of the people. I've seen enough of history and lived
long enough to understand the tyranny that can be reigned upon the masses when the masses have no means
by which to protect themselves. It amazes me how so many Europeans can see their own history and still
invest so much faith in centralized government powers. It's not unlike the US, where Trump is called a
dictator, and yet the very same people call for more government control. It's comical to see Pelosi types
say the Executive Branch has too much power, and yet vested the same branch under Bush & Obama with
extended powers. Seems those powers were fine to have, until someone establishment Republicans and
Democrats despised had control of them.

Like these riots are not lost on Middle America, using terms like "gun loving idiots" only show like four years ago,
Middle America either ignored misunderstood or flat out dismissed. You can ridicule and dismiss Middle America
all you'd like, but the results will simply be more of the same.

As for Kyle Rittenhouse, the facts are coming out and self-defense is on deck as he was attacked and retaliated.
We shall see how it plays out. Furthermore, before we start the nonsense of blaming Trump, the hypocrisy of
the media is never lost. Congressman Scalise was gunned down and nearly killed by a Bernie Sanders supporter
and true to course Sanders isn't blamed by the media. James T. Hodgkinson was. Yet, a bias media that claims
Trump rhetoric as causes, such rhetoric is ignored the other way, or the weak excuse of them not being
POTUS. Playing games creates more game playing.

I'll end it letting you know, those tactics of ridicule work even less in 2020 than 2016. Not unlike Brexit, you
don't get the sit on a perch and lecture and thumb your nose. As I and many others still said and say, Trump
is not the cause but the symptom. He's here because the elites in power obviously ignored, dismissed and/or
ridiculed. Four years later and they have sadly learned nothing. 2016 saw me pass on voting for either Trump
or Clinton. Four years later, despite his flaws Trump is the only sensible choice for me. Made more palatable
by the knowledge that he's not a lefty radical and he's not a right-wing war hawk. Trump's Republican Party
was said to be a new party. No longer the party of Bush McCain and Romney. I like that.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sat 29, 2020 6:10 am

Whatever happens/happened in 2020 (economy, violence, Corona-deaths) is the outcome of 4 years of Trump-government. If people want more of that, by all means please vote for him.
By now, everyone knows how "good" he is when it comes to dealing with a crisis.

Just compare the US-economy and death tolls with that of Europe, Japan, Australia, China.... And remember: Trump/USA saw what happened in China in January, or in Italy/Spain in February. You all knew what was coming. If there was one country in the world with the infrastructure and additional time to prepare, it was the USA.
Well, that turned out to be a great success.

I fully agree that you cannot blame Trump for the emergence of the Corona-crisis. But he is 100% responsible for every death/infection that happened since March in the US. We managed to have a few deaths per day for the last 2 months (even days with zero deaths). South Korea has had 350 deaths since the beginning (and had cases before the US). Make your own conclusions on how competent your government was in 2020....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sun 30, 2020 10:30 am

As much as I'm disenchanted with the Dems' choice of P/VP, and for a second election running, I will definitely vote against Trump as I did in 2016, and I strongly advise others to do likewise. Imagine a Trump second term with nothing to lose!!!!!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sun 30, 2020 10:39 am

Not sure if I'm the only person here who's met Obama (Trump too) before the presidency was even in his mind, but his 'problem' as president was trying to appease everyone, but ended up pleasing no one. You can't fault his mindset at that time, being the first Black President. The next one will approach it differently. BTW, he is as advertised, a cerebral, empathetic, gentle man. Trump likewise is as advertised, an arrogant, boorish, self-aggrandizing fraud.

For the record, I've never met the Clintons, Pence, Biden nor Harris.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Mon 31, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.