politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished
Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by sekasi » Aug Sat 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Graveller wrote:
Aug Fri 21, 2020 10:30 am
Ace, if you believe that USA will remain a democracy in 2024 after a second Trump-term (which I seriously doubt, btw), then that is perfect for the democrats: there won't be a GOP anymore. They will let them self-destruct. When ordinary people realise that 8 years of their Big Leader has resulted in zero improvement with regard to social security, education, healthcare, income, improved welfare.... with the rich becoming more rich.... the GOP is gone.

Well, there will still be a party called GOP, but that will be in name only; the ideology is out of the window. and four more years of Trump will bring the USA to it's knees: irrelevant on the international scene, disrespected by every western democracy (well, that is the case already in Europe where we really look down on american politics and the values that they represent... well, the lack of values that they represent). So I root for Trump (but not for the same reasons as Trump supporters) because imo america needs 8 years of Trump, so it can come together after hitting rock-bottom.
Don't get me wrong: I know a lot of americans that I like on a personal level, but it is about time that their tendency to vote for political morons should be awarded properly.

Off topic (a bit): I look at the national hurricane centre website today, and see two hurricanes on their way to hit the States in the next week: one on Texas and the other one moving to Texas too, but passing by Florida first. I should feel sorry for the people, but as these are red, fossil fuel supporting states, I can't help but think: Karma is a b*tch. And please keep on burning fossil fuel because I like a good reality-tv disaster movie. My only worry is that too many storms (and Trump mismanagement) will cost him these states in the election.

And Florida should enjoy the storms while it can; it is only a matter of time now before it will be flooded by the sea.
Grav, you are so funny.
I think the storms could hit FL and TX and the republicans would say the storms were brought in by the democrats. :lol: :lol:
No wait, they would say Bill Gates is using 5G to bring in storms, get people to move into shelters so they can insert the chip while they sleep. :lol: :lol:

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Sat 22, 2020 3:20 pm

I really don’t see anything good coming from either one winning. Both are bad in their own ways. I do believe if Biden wins our economy is going to tank along with our 401ks.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sun 23, 2020 4:47 am

serenarulz09 wrote:
Aug Sat 22, 2020 3:20 pm
I really don’t see anything good coming from either one winning. Both are bad in their own ways. I do believe if Biden wins our economy is going to tank along with our 401ks.
Al he has to do is repeat 2009-2016 (when he was vice-president): inheriting a broken economy from a Republican president (remember the 2008-financial crash during the last year of the Bush-administration), and rebuilding it. So when it it 2028, another republican can get elected, claim that he/she restored the economy, and then ruin it once more.
Bush did it
Trump did it (well, he is not a republican, just a narcistic wannabe)-dictator running on the republican ticket)
So it must be three-in-a-row.

Hurricane update: both are expected to hit Louisiana - New Orleans area - with a 48h difference. Well, it is a republican state too, and they have more than 4000 oil producing oil riggs off-coast, so if fail to feel any sympathy for anyone it that state who ever voted for an oil-industry supporting politician (republican or democrat).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sun 23, 2020 8:25 am

well, the Republican convention may be overshadowed by two hurricanes hitting the same place within 2-3 days... This weather event may get all the attention, and knowing Trump, he will complain loudly about not getting attention and showing zero empathy with the victims...
(so nothing new to see here)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Aug Mon 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Grav... I do agree with Obama came into office and help fix our economy, but I don’t see how/why you think that it needs fixed bc it doesn’t. I do not know how informed you really are in your country about our economy, but take it from me there is nothing that needs to be fixed. Take this from someone who is working in this country and sees how well most things are running. If anything I wish it would slow down some as everyone is working overtime constantly. Then again we are also working a lot of this overtime because people in our country do not want to work. A lot of younger people just want hand outs and not have to work for it.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Mon 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Graveller wrote:
Aug Sun 23, 2020 8:25 am
well, the Republican convention may be overshadowed by two hurricanes hitting the same place within 2-3 days... This weather event may get all the attention, and knowing Trump, he will complain loudly about not getting attention and showing zero empathy with the victims...
(so nothing new to see here)
I see you watch a lot of US mainstream media. :lol:

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Aug Tue 25, 2020 12:09 am

serenarulz09 wrote:
Aug Sat 22, 2020 3:20 pm
I can't agree with that. I feel Biden made a huge mistake in not addressing the protests that became riots. You can't have
Democrat politicians across the country echo de-funding of the police and then remain silent on the violence. It played
politically into Trump's hands. The Democrat mayors from New York to Chicago to Seattle ignore or encourage it,
reject Trump's offer of restoring order with National Guard, and then calling him a dictator when he does send federal
officers into CHAZ/CHOP shutting it all down in less than an hour. Yet, the mayor let it go on for weeks, allowing
murders and rapes to take place. So, one good thing about having Trump would be the restoration of law and order.

What irks me is that true good and peaceful protests are all but ignored by the mainstream media and all the violence
takes up the airwaves. Then the media hopes to pass riots off as peaceful protests. Let me tell you, it is not playing well
and Biden along with the likes of Michelle Obama in her speech do Democrats no favors by ignoring the violence.

I also do agree the economy would tank with Biden.

Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Aug Tue 25, 2020 1:47 am

What exactly do you think Biden is going to do to wreck the economy? Raise taxes on the wealthy? How is this going to be done?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Tue 25, 2020 6:18 am

Pyotr wrote:
Aug Mon 24, 2020 11:56 pm
I see you watch a lot of US mainstream media. :lol:
Not really: we can only see CNN in Europe, and that is as bad as Fox.

And I am a scientist by education, so I know how to do my own research and data gathering (a lot of good info on the national hurricance centre website).
I do not take anything for granted from media when it comes to science (as if those journalists know anything: they twist and turn the facts for ratings): I prefer scientific peer-reviewed journals.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Tue 25, 2020 6:37 am

serenarulz09 wrote:
Aug Mon 24, 2020 5:19 pm
Grav... I do agree with Obama came into office and help fix our economy, but I don’t see how/why you think that it needs fixed bc it doesn’t.
Well, each their own opinion. If you think that your economy (and the economic model that it is based upon) needs no fixing, then good for you. Personally, I would never want anyting remotely looking like the US economic model in my country.
Almost no one has to do two jobs to get around over here.
We do no tipping: people working in those sectors earn enough (is it called getting a proper wage). and yes, the US minimum wage is a joke... we call it slavery.
If you work 40 hours per week, you have at least 42 days of paid holiday over here.

And yes, if workers are treated like slaves, then companies make a lot of profit, their shareholders are happy, and stock-market booms. Hooray, a great economy!!!

I could go on, but I won't convince any US-citizen that life is significantly better somewhere else :-) .