Watch, he'll be super nasty today ...

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Coronavirus

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 9:46 am

sekasi wrote:
Mar Mon 23, 2020 9:50 am
You only gave one side of this complex issue. The other issue that is a major factor is Americans are always suing hospitals and doctors. Any mistake a doctor makes ends up with a big lawsuit. This drives the insurance up. I read somewhere that more and more American doctors can not afford to run private practices because of the lawsuits. They have to work for hospitals, so they can be covered by the hospital.
Last but not least, America is a very unhealthy nation and people think doctors should fix the diseases caused by their unhealthy habits. You have people diagnosed with diabetes but stubbornly refuse to change their life styles.

Sekasi, I was gonna let this slide, but since I'm bored and wide awake:

Yes, Americans have very unhealthy habits, but some diseases are built in our DNA because of slaves eating scraps and all kinds of crappy foods, so it's not entirely our fault. My grandma was diabetic, my dad, my sister and then me. I'm fighting to overcome it tho (6.0 A1C)!!

Native Americans are fighting it too ~ They once ate fish, meat, veggies and grains, but when white settlers forced them on reservations, they changed their diets to processed foods (flour, corn cakes, etc) and their bodies blew up and they became diabetic. Yes, I have it on both sides!!

As for lawsuits, I agree with Ace, it's an American right :) Ask Trump and Rep Devin Nunez (idiots)!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Wed 25, 2020 10:51 am

Here comes another virus from China...

Hantavirus kills man in coronavirus-hit China, 32 others tested, report says

A man in China who died on Monday reportedly tested positive for hantavirus, leading officials to test an additional 32 people who had traveled on a bus with him before his death, Global Times reported. The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings.

It’s also possible to contract the virus through a bite from an infected rodent, or if people touch something that has been contaminated with rodent urine, droppings or saliva and then touch their own nose or mouth. It may also be possible to contract the virus by eating food contaminated by an infected rodent’s droppings, urine or saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The man, from Yunnan Province, was in transit to Shandong Province for work at the time of his death, according to the news outlet. The man was not identified, nor was his occupation. The results of the additional 32 passengers were also not immediately available.

Symptoms of the disease include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches, as well as headaches, dizziness, chills and abdominal pains. Late symptoms may include coughing and shortness of breath, and the disease has about a 38 percent fatality rate. Several of the symptoms mimic the signs for COVID-19, which has infected over 81,600 people in China, resulting in 3,285 deaths.

The COVID-19 outbreak was traced to Wuhan and initially believed to have surrounded a live animal market in the city. COVID-19 is part of a family of coronaviruses which can cause illness in people and animals. The strains that infect animals can sometimes infect people, but the instance is rare, according to the CDC.

The health agency states that the exact origin of the current COVID-19 outbreak is unknown, but have compared it to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which did originate in animals before spreading to people.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 11:21 am

No Clue!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 11:24 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Mar Wed 25, 2020 10:51 am
Here comes another virus from China...

Hantavirus kills man in coronavirus-hit China, 32 others tested, report says

A man in China who died on Monday reportedly tested positive for hantavirus, leading officials to test an additional 32 people who had traveled on a bus with him before his death, Global Times reported. The rat-borne illness, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person-to-person, is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings.

It’s also possible to contract the virus through a bite from an infected rodent, or if people touch something that has been contaminated with rodent urine, droppings or saliva and then touch their own nose or mouth. It may also be possible to contract the virus by eating food contaminated by an infected rodent’s droppings, urine or saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The man, from Yunnan Province, was in transit to Shandong Province for work at the time of his death, according to the news outlet. The man was not identified, nor was his occupation. The results of the additional 32 passengers were also not immediately available.

Symptoms of the disease include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches, as well as headaches, dizziness, chills and abdominal pains. Late symptoms may include coughing and shortness of breath, and the disease has about a 38 percent fatality rate. Several of the symptoms mimic the signs for COVID-19, which has infected over 81,600 people in China, resulting in 3,285 deaths.

The COVID-19 outbreak was traced to Wuhan and initially believed to have surrounded a live animal market in the city. COVID-19 is part of a family of coronaviruses which can cause illness in people and animals. The strains that infect animals can sometimes infect people, but the instance is rare, according to the CDC.

The health agency states that the exact origin of the current COVID-19 outbreak is unknown, but have compared it to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which did originate in animals before spreading to people.

Oh my goodness, Grosse!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Wed 25, 2020 11:59 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Mar Wed 25, 2020 11:24 am
Oh my goodness, Grosse!!
Let's hope it's not a new strain that can be transmitted human to human.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Tennis Channel:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Mar Wed 25, 2020 11:59 am
Let's hope it's not a new strain that can be transmitted human to human.

Frightening thought :oops:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:16 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
Mar Wed 25, 2020 9:21 am
NJ exploded yesterday with 3,675 positive cases and 44 deaths :( We're the third highest state!!

And, a Senate deal has been struck. No money to any Trump property or family member ~ Yes!!!!!

At 5:00pm the numbers rose again to 4,402 positives and 62 deaths. NJ is now the second highest state, behind NY :(

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Wed 25, 2020 4:16 pm