Coronavirus

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: Coronavirus

Post by Graveller » May Sun 03, 2020 5:00 am

Weekly update of the situation here (and so you know that I am still OK ):

Compared to the peak, number of people in hospital or UCI has halved. Number of new cases in hospital per day dropped below 100 for the first time in 7 weeks (79 new admissions). At one point it was more than 600/day.

Shops will reopen (with restrictions) on the 11th, partial school opening on the 18th, masks are mandatory in schools and public transport.
Nevertheless, the government is working on a plan to be implemented when there are signs of a second wave.

Stay safe!!
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Sun 03, 2020 5:29 pm

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Sun 03, 2020 5:34 pm

My response to Novak: Vaccines = Good!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Mon 04, 2020 3:44 pm

My nephew's wife just died of Covid19, and they have four little kids :(

This is just too much now!!

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » May Tue 05, 2020 8:42 am

djmm1962 wrote:
May Mon 04, 2020 3:44 pm
My nephew's wife just died of Covid19, and they have four little kids :(

This is just too much now!!
Oh no. Sorry about that djmm. May God comfort you and your family. How old are the little ones? Are they in NYC?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Tue 05, 2020 9:09 am

yeah. very sad.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Wed 06, 2020 10:01 am

sekasi wrote:
May Tue 05, 2020 8:42 am
Oh no. Sorry about that djmm. May God comfort you and your family. How old are the little ones? Are they in NYC?

Thanks, Sekasi. We all live in New Jersey. She was in her early forties, and the kids range from 23 (Army in KY) to five. They all lived in the same house in my town. She got it from my nephew, and he's still recovering. They are healthcare workers. The youngest was the one who called 911 :shock: They are devastated and no one can go other there.

Oh boy :(

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Wed 06, 2020 2:06 pm

I can sit here and say "oh that's terrible". But what does it achieve? The corona stuff is evil.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » May Fri 08, 2020 11:28 am

The funeral parlor never picked her body up, so my nephew had to find another one yesterday. She's suppose to be picked up this morning :( She passed on Monday!!

Lord Have Mercy!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Sun 10, 2020 12:36 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
May Fri 08, 2020 11:28 am
The funeral parlor never picked her body up, so my nephew had to find another one yesterday. She's suppose to be picked up this morning :( She passed on Monday!!

Lord Have Mercy!!
My sympathies to your nephew, family, relatives and friends on the loss of his wife.......

Since they live in New Jersey, that state has experienced over 9k in losses due to this virus, offset, tho', by +15k in recoveries. In addition to the daily, normal loss of life due to various reasons, those that have succumbed to this virus in such vast numbers has overtaxed funeral homes in this state where they have been unable to handle such, as one funeral home in NYC had 2 non-refrigerated trailers full, but couldn't get to them, letting loose odors in the community due to decomposition, as you previously noted. It's tough to be understanding when there is a loss of life, but when resources are overtaxed in this instance, it's reasonably understandable.....

Off-topic:

This virus has morphed into something other than the previous description as merely a respiratory issue. Now, we see kids with macro skin inflammations, younger adults succumbing to heart attacks and being on a ventilator for too long can cause other problems, offsetting the previous thought that ventilators were at least a reasonable panacea in dealing with the respiratory issue. Because it was initially determined to be a respiratory issue with symptoms similar to the cold/flu drug stores were emptied out of Vitamin C tablets in the attempt to prevent/preempt the onslaught of such, for OTC medications were recommended by physicians to patients here in Chi, who didn't have breathing issues and released. Now, they recently say that the virus can penetrate the eyes via transmission between adults, causing redness, which is an indication that one could be infected..... So, what now, wear goggles/glasses as well as the mask when going about one's business? A lot of question marks are in the offing in the coming months, while businesses clamor to reopen given the lack of a universal vaccine, which is still medicine with side effects, regardless.....