PredictionGame
Tournaments this week




Kamala Harris for VP

politics, music, movies, war, peace, food and all
User avatar
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Posts: 13211
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Antwerp - Belgium

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Graveller » Aug Mon 31, 2020 3:08 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Aug Sun 30, 2020 10:30 am
. Imagine a Trump second term with nothing to lose!!!!!!
You are not going to convince anyone with that.
People will vote for Trump even more than 2016 because he is apparently the only one who can solve the problems of 2020....

That he was/is at the basis of the problems: they simply don't care. In their world, the racial tensions that Trump created, will - by miracle - get solved in 2021-2024...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

User avatar
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Posts: 13211
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Antwerp - Belgium

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Graveller » Aug Mon 31, 2020 3:29 am

Pyotr wrote:
Aug Fri 28, 2020 11:24 pm

I'll end it letting you know, those tactics of ridicule work even less in 2020 than 2016.
You don't get me, do you?

I know it won't work. And let me be clear: I don't want it to work... As non-US citizen, I want Trump re-elected: not because it is a good thing for America, but because it will bring down USA to rock-bottom. He exceeded my expectations in doing so in his first term (up to the point that I feared he might lose in november). But somehow he manages to blame the democrats for the mess on the streets of US-cities, and people are buying it. The man is a genius.

On this matter, I am on the side of Russia and China who try to get Trump re-elected. You really think that Putin or Xi want the best for the US? :-)

I hope that the Republicans win the House and Senate too. So they own everything that happens in the next 4 years (and beyond). No excuses.
Same reason that I was glad with the UK-conservatives winning a big majority early 2020: they own Brexit 100%: no excuses or hiding. They will own the mess that they created.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Posts: 6289
Joined: Jul Sat 27, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Mon 31, 2020 11:20 am

Graveller wrote:
Aug Tue 25, 2020 6:37 am
Well, each their own opinion. If you think that your economy (and the economic model that it is based upon) needs no fixing, then good for you. Personally, I would never want anyting remotely looking like the US economic model in my country.
Almost no one has to do two jobs to get around over here.
We do no tipping: people working in those sectors earn enough (is it called getting a proper wage). and yes, the US minimum wage is a joke... we call it slavery.
If you work 40 hours per week, you have at least 42 days of paid holiday over here.

And yes, if workers are treated like slaves, then companies make a lot of profit, their shareholders are happy, and stock-market booms. Hooray, a great economy!!!

I could go on, but I won't convince any US-citizen that life is significantly better somewhere else :-) .
I used to live in Switzerland, so I for one, don't need any convincing. You can work at McD and afford to have a family in Switzerland. Here? Never. I thought I had I a high income in Switzerland, but my Swiss friends scoffed at it, saying it was so-so, unacceptable for them.

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior
Posts: 159
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Skilletsauce » Sep Wed 02, 2020 9:33 am

I rarely post on political issues as I'm so over politics and politicians, but as you stated Graveller Trump has managed the biggest HOAX in the history of politics. He constantly stirs the pot on racial division in our country and then manages to blame the whole thing on the democrats and his base simply buys into it. It just goes to prove that this man is in fact the biggest CON ARTIST America has ever seen.

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior
Posts: 811
Joined: Dec Tue 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by serenarulz09 » Sep Wed 02, 2020 10:18 pm

The sad part about this all is America loses no matter who gets elected. We have Trump who stays mum on everything going on. Then we have Biden who is okay with all these riots going on. The main problem is a Democrat vs republican issue. That seems to tear everyone apart. If you are a republican you are against the protest and if you are a democrat you are for the riots basically. I will still say I think the worst is yet to come once Biden is elected.

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior
Posts: 159
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Skilletsauce » Sep Thu 03, 2020 11:32 am

serenarulz09 wrote:
Sep Wed 02, 2020 10:18 pm
The sad part about this all is America loses no matter who gets elected. We have Trump who stays mum on everything going on. Then we have Biden who is okay with all these riots going on. The main problem is a Democrat vs republican issue. That seems to tear everyone apart. If you are a republican you are against the protest and if you are a democrat you are for the riots basically. I will still say I think the worst is yet to come once Biden is elected.
Trump does not stay mum. He has the biggest megaphone and he uses it daily on Twitter and elsewhere. He incites and instigates and forever panders to his base. I'm not thrilled with either candidate but as with most elections it usually comes down to a choice between the lesser of two evils and I don't see how you get more evil than Trump. He's a cheat, (literally on everything...elections, taxes, wives) pathological liar, coward, and bully.

And I disagree. Democrats are not for riots. They are for peaceful protests but you do have those that escalate and take it to another level and they must be called out and dealt with. You cannot sit idly by and allow things to go on without doing something but rioting is not the answer and will end up getting you nowhere. Arbrey, Floyd, Taylor, Blake all happened this year and those lives did not have to be taken if police officers were taken to task, better trained and if we had a POTUS who demonstrated some leadership, diplomacy, and actual problem solving skills.
Last edited by Skilletsauce on Sep Fri 04, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyotr
Junior
Junior
Posts: 393
Joined: Aug Tue 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Kamala Harris for VP

Post by Pyotr » Sep Thu 03, 2020 11:03 pm

Graveller wrote:
Aug Mon 31, 2020 3:29 am
You don't get me, do you?

I know it won't work. And let me be clear: I don't want it to work... As non-US citizen, I want Trump re-elected: not because it is a good thing for America, but because it will bring down USA to rock-bottom. He exceeded my expectations in doing so in his first term (up to the point that I feared he might lose in november). But somehow he manages to blame the democrats for the mess on the streets of US-cities, and people are buying it. The man is a genius.

On this matter, I am on the side of Russia and China who try to get Trump re-elected. You really think that Putin or Xi want the best for the US? :-)

I hope that the Republicans win the House and Senate too. So they own everything that happens in the next 4 years (and beyond). No excuses.
Same reason that I was glad with the UK-conservatives winning a big majority early 2020: they own Brexit 100%: no excuses or hiding. They will own the mess that they created.
I can only reiterate what I've said before, had the elites whom are in favor of an ever present globalism at the
expense of individual national sovereignty/identity(to the point of rabid vilification of nationalistic pride)
you may not be in this mess. Trump/Brexit are a result of it. You're hoping the same thing happens, but in reverse.

You may get your wish. You may be proven wrong. We shall see.

Post Reply