PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Annoucement about Predictions (FOR ALL)

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
janickister
Commish
Commish
Annoucement about Predictions (FOR ALL)

Post by janickister » Feb Wed 06, 2008 8:13 pm

<DIV>The Commish and Administators of the Prediction Game has caught a couple of people breaking our deadline rules. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Please note that all predictions should be placed in their appropriate spot exactly 1 hour before the start of the first match on that day. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Everyone has a timestamp on their predictions, and if we find that someone changed their score before the deadline their points for that will be removed. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>We as Commish/Moderators want to keep this site as clean and fair as possible. We don't want someone to earn points for a correct score if the match is over and the section is not closed. Not all of us are on all the time to close certain sections at the exact moment, but if we find something suspicious we discuss if in fact that a certain person actually did change their prediction during a match. If this is the case, your points will be removed.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Please try to keep within the time limit you are allowed. We don't want to start handing out warnings to everyone due to this. We want everyone to have a fair shot to win a tournament/grand slam.&nbsp;&nbsp;Having a correct score could determine that.</DIV>

TScotty415
Junior
Junior

Post by TScotty415 » Feb Wed 06, 2008 8:22 pm

I would like to say i know i entered predictions for matches that have not happened yet today during (or after?) the dementieva match and i had already entered a score for the dementieva match that ended up being correct before the deadline
Russian Powers
Sharapova*Chakvetadze*Kuznetsova*Dementieva*Petrova*the list goes on and on

missinandre
Commish
Commish

Re:Annoucement about Predictions (FOR ALL)

Post by missinandre » Feb Wed 06, 2008 8:44 pm

<DIV>I made some changes on my predictions this morning.&nbsp; I hope it wasn't me that broke deadline rules!</DIV>
That's tennis and ya gotta love it!!!!

Marcus1979
Commish
Commish

Post by Marcus1979 » Feb Wed 06, 2008 9:41 pm

and if you are unsure post your picks in the deadline thread and the Commish will add them for you :)

Glowingbrains829
Junior
Junior

Post by Glowingbrains829 » Feb Thu 07, 2008 3:24 pm

Yeah, I made all my second round predictions, but then changed some of them when the first round was completed (I didn't touch the second round matches being played that day). I'm not sure if that's what is being discussed.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Feb Mon 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Marcus1979 wrote:and if you are unsure post your picks in the deadline thread and the Commish will add them for you :)

Respecting Dubai, I had selected Maria as the ultimate winner. I just now found out that she has withdrawn. I would like to change the selection to Justine Henin as the projected winner of the event.

Thanks,

Rex

moasey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by moasey » Feb Mon 25, 2008 6:35 pm

You cannot change the UWP after the first ball of the tournament has been struck.
Unfortunately you are after the deadline, so your "M.Sharapova" prediction sticks.

Sorry :( To everyone who picked Sharapova!

moasey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by moasey » Feb Mon 25, 2008 7:24 pm

<P>
rex wrote:quote]<BR><BR>Respecting Dubai, I had selected Maria as the ultimate winner. I just now found out that she has withdrawn. I would like to change the selection to Justine Henin as the projected winner of the event. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR><BR>Rex
</P><P>Sharapova is scheduled as the 3rd match tomorrow against Szavay.</P><P>Are you sure she has withdrawn?</P><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>
Last edited by moasey on Feb Mon 25, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janickister
Commish
Commish

Post by janickister » Feb Mon 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Don't think she withdrew yet.

Then again nothing is set in stone.
"If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Feb Tue 26, 2008 1:06 am

moasey wrote:<P>
rex wrote:quote]

Respecting Dubai, I had selected Maria as the ultimate winner. I just now found out that she has withdrawn. I would like to change the selection to Justine Henin as the projected winner of the event.

Thanks,

Rex
</P><P>Sharapova is scheduled as the 3rd match tomorrow against Szavay.</P><P>Are you sure she has withdrawn?</P><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>
Maria has withdrawn from Dubai. Below is the link to the announcement.

http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com ... hdraws.asp