PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Post Wimbledon PGames

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: Post Wimbledon PGames

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Yes, I read it somewhere else too that she would need a WC.

Well, if you are not coming from a big tennis-country, it is hard to get WC's, regardless of the talent.

There was a time that I feared that she would never get into the top100: it seemed so hard for her to get the points as she could not get into MDs (not even in qualies), and she needs to play better players for improving.
Her grass season was OK, and that is why I went for her as uWP in Bucharest.

Decided to pick her as uWP for next week too :-) I know that this is foolish, but showing some faith/believe is the least I can do after her performance this week.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sun 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Bolsova was a Qualifier at the French Open. she made it to the round of 16, which sent her to be top-100.
Unfortunately, the deadline for Wimbledon was too early for her and she had to play Qualifiers.
As I have said countless times, this 6-week deadline, implemented when we didn't have a wide used and fast internet, should be shorten. 2 weeks should be enough for the cut-off.

Boldosa should have been in the Wimbledon Main Draw, instead she has to play Qualifiers.
Rybakina should not be wasting her energy playing Qualifiers at the US Open. I have no doubt she will 'kill' all those girls for a place in the Main Draw.... which should not be necessary.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Well, CrossCourtBH was the WTA-star of this week: Winning both Palermo and Jurmala... nice one...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jul Sun 28, 2019 11:33 pm

thanks @ Grav
it's been a while since I won
& now 2 quite a bonus!