PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

PGames on the new site

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
wannadoo75
Novice
Novice
Re: PGames on the new site

Post by wannadoo75 » Jan Tue 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Ok thanks, even if everything was deleted is not a problem... it' just a game...

My message was only to help you if you needed to put it handly...

Padawan
Surfer
Surfer

Post by Padawan » Jan Tue 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Hey,
I had Kasatkina as the first round knock out (i couldn't decide if Halep was gonna find a solution to Kanepi or not but decided she is a smart player and probably will have a solution after US Open, so I went with Kasatkina losing to Bacsinszky), and I can't remember if I put down Kerber as the uWP or deleted the uWP in the end. Looks like I put my trust in computers and databases to remember my choices, and even that fails sometimes :)

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 15, 2019 5:20 pm

And with all going on, there were better ways to keep that data. Could have simple backup that one table, or rename the aussiOpen tournament, etc.. Instead I simply copy/past the uWP and fmKO in a file so I can add them back an hour later I was hoping.
Well, it was taking more than ahour ... I was getting frustrated because I see no reason why those R32 scores were not being recorded... it was getting late... didn't want to say up when I am trying to recover from a virus know down.. So at some point I decided to stop and go to bed. I shutdown the computer and as my head hit the pillow, I realized I didn't save those predictions... :( :( :(

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jan Tue 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi Ace - hope you are on the up & up healthwise.

Well I tested live chat & the few messages submitted are not showing.

Have you had a chance to watch & enjoy any AO matches ???
Hope you get a chance soon to watch your faves.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi Cross .. When you open the Chat, take a glance at that single dropbox. Make sure the default channel is selected. If the box is empty, select the channel. It should be selected by default... But I noticed sometimes it's not.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 16, 2019 4:19 am

I now really hope that Kerber does not win the AO... Because I picked Kasatkina as fmKO and Kerber as uWP... if both end up being correct, I would have a decent shot at winning this slam... if I now lose it with some points despite having both pics correct, I would feel very disappointed.

I know that I had Kasatkina, and so had Padawan. There may have been another one, but I am not sure: I was sure of two Daria-picks (but could be three). Kasatkina is the only top10 who actually lost in R1.

With regard to uWPs, there were only three if my memory serves well; Kerber (me), Venus (I think Pyotr) and Serena (two or three players).

Well, I already won two events this yers (incl my first Sydney win last week), so maybe I should try to be less greedy :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 16, 2019 7:28 am

Seriously, I think we should make an exception and open the fmKO and uWP for 24 hours.
The few fans that play the game are honest. Even sometime when we forget to close the prediction in time, they don't cheat with the scores.. They rather send PM to remind us that the prediction is still open.

So let's open it for 24 hours and let everyone re-enter the fmKO and uWP.
I had fmKO=Halep and uWP=Serena. I am not going to replace Halep with someone else.
And I just watched my first highlights. I don't think Serena is going to the Final. I hope she does but I don't think it will happen. uWP penalty is already accepted. :) :)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 16, 2019 7:56 am

OK for me (obviously), but I would suggest to leave it open until the end of R2; I had Kerber, and already know she is in R2. So that is an advantage over those who have/had a players who still has to play R2 (for instance Halep, Venus, Serena,...).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jan Wed 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Ace, Grav & all tennis fans
Hope everyone is enoying AO & skan & PG.

What a huge amount of time and attention to detail in getting the board up & running -
thank you!

@Ace, TY I tried again with live chat bearing in mind your suggestions &
it is working - great!

Very nice gesture to re-open the uwp & FMKO
I had Ka Pliskova as fmko so no point in re-applying -
& I had not placed an uwp.

Good luck all and enjoy AO

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Very nice of you as usual. Thanks.
You could just re-add the player for the record when you are at the page entering scores.
But if not, it's fine too.