PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

PGame US Open about to get serious

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Jeff in Texas
Regular
Regular

Post by Jeff in Texas » Sep Sun 09, 2018 8:00 pm

I would have loved to have Delpo pick up a second slam title, but I just couldn't envision him having the firepower to overcome Novak at the moment. My first slam! Thanks to everyone who makes these contests possible - I know I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and participating in the games (when I can remember to get my stuff in on time).

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Mon 10, 2018 3:04 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Jeff in Texas#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Yes, congrats on your first slam!!  Of course I would have loved to win it too, but I cannot be too greedy :-)#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I saw the first two sets; DelPo definitely had hi chances in the second; that 8th game (on the djoko-serve) took ages an he had 3 BPs to get to 5-3, but wasted them.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I found it frustrating how he dumped attempted winners straight in the net. It happened all too often that he made that specific type of error.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#He also did it in the second set TB:he was 3-1 up and serving for 4-&, but made that type of UE... he did it again when serving at 4-4... that sealed the second set (and the match probably; I gave up after that second set as it was 1 am over here).#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"