PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

US Open Draw and Results

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 12:26 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Get those 2 out of here. We want girls that can strike the balls. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#No aces.. No ROS winners.. 1920's wooden racquets' tennis.... borrrrrrring ...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 1:06 pm

The ESPN commentators talk as if they have never watched a Sloane match. "she is not hitting big shots... she is too defensive .. there is no pace .." .. Is that something new? I have been saying it at every Sloane match I watch. One big shots every 50-shot is not what I will call a big hitter.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#They just ask Sevastova how did she adjust to a big hitter like Sloane who beat her in their previous match? lol lol.. Big hitter? You have to get on your knees and beg Sloane to hit the balls. She's just happy pushing with high clearance. Just like wozniacki, she doesn't beat herself. Easy lazy shots over the net and she wins her points if the opponent can't push it back over net. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Tennisation wrote:Sloane was a damn mess. She got a taste of her own medicine. Sevastova beating her at #ed_op#b#ed_cl#her own game by pushing#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#. Except, Sevastova also threw in variety that Sloane doesn't have.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Sloanie's game is dull, dull, dull.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Pliskova will be tough for Ree tonight.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Tue 04, 2018 4:40 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

It is imo the final.... a bit like US Open 2007 where the QF between Serena and Henin was the real final....

Whoever wins tonight deserves to win this Slam.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Serena's serve will be the key. Pliskova's not been hitting aces in the USA open. Her serve has not been outstanding. To compete with the Compton Queen, Pliskova will have to find her serve if Serena's got hers.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Whoever serves well tonight will win.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Current Ace/DF stats: #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Serena 47/12&nbsp; -- aces per round: 6, 13, 10, 18 -- avg:11.x (1 ace short of 12 average)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Pliskova 26/18 -- aces per round: 6, 5,11,4&nbsp; -- avg: 6.x (2 ace short of a 7 average)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Good luck, Princess of Wakanda !!!!! Got to keep hitting those aces!!!! That's where I got my&nbsp; name from. Ace to Ace. :) :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Note: Not an Isner fan though. His aces are boring. LOL LOL#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Pliskova, as usual, will play her best tennis tonight. She will relax and find her form on all fronts.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Tue 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Great to see Pliskova returning to her super best tennis. Let's hope she keeps it going.
Congrats, Ree!!!!!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Pliskova who?
bye bye girl.
Mama say knock you out

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:US Open Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Tue 04, 2018 9:43 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Karolina Pliskova wrote:"When Iam on court, I just worry about my half.... Whatever is on the other half, I just don't care"#ed_op#br#ed_cl#"O.K., She has all the respect from me, but I can beat her, so I am not worried about her".#ed_op#br#ed_cl#"#ed_op#b#ed_cl#She has a big game, but sometimes she behaves bigger than her game is#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#."
#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/03/spor ... liams.html" target="_Plisk"#ed_cl#https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/03/spor ... #ed_cl#Now I am mad Serena not holding serve at 4-0 for 5-0 and look for a bagel. Darn!!!!!#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#How many slams did Serena have at your age? How many will you have at the end of your career, Miss Pliskova?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#It's one thing to be confident going into a match. It's another to insult. Serena's behavior more than matches her game.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/ ... outfit.jpg" width="592" height="394"#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Sep Tue 04, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.