PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Action in wk2 of PGame

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Action in wk2 of PGame

Post by Graveller » Jan Sun 07, 2018 7:15 am

This week the amount of events is reduced from 6 to 4... as only 4 events are on the calender...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Well, it prepares us for the next weeks where only one event will take place (and predictions to be entered from R3 onwards)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#ATP250 events for Wk2 are Auckland (2017-winner: Jeff in Texas) and Sydney (2017-winner: Pingpong0)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#In WTA, we have our second Premier of the year (Sydney, 2017-winner was Mytiwtiw), but also another International event (Hobart, 2017-winner was Jeff in Texas).#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So a big week for Jeff with two titles to defend; at least he already won an event today (WTA Auckland), so that takes away some of the pressure :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Several newcomers entered for a second week (happy to see that), and one of them - Leo - had a good start with 4 fmKO points thanks to Ostapenko crashing out in R1 vs Makarova.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Would be nice to see one of the newcomers snatch a victory this week; but if it does not happen yet, there is no need to panic: I remember that it took Sekasi like 2 years or so to win her first title in 2016. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Have fun: and tomorrow the ranking for the AO will be known, so we will be able to set up the AO PGame (for fmKO, uWP) AND the SKAN-contest!!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Doing just OK with the ATP tournaments. It's so hard. I hardly know the players' histories :)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 08, 2018 5:07 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#You'll get to know them after a while... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Youngsters to remember: Rublev (played a final last week) , Kachanov, Shapovalov (both won their R1 today), Tsitsipas (qualified, was supposed to play Rublev in R1-Auckland but the latter withdrew after his final last weekend) - at to a lesser extend (but expecting to see them getting better): Kokkinakis (Hopman Cup Final last weekend), Coric, Chung, Edmund, #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Top20: Forget about Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Raonic... all have health issues. The other main names are now Federer, Thiem, A.Zverev, Dimitrov, Goffin, Pouille, Kyrgios#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 08, 2018 5:08 am

Most R1-matches are played, so time to enter R16 predictions (action starts in about 12 hours time), and also have a look at the Drive2Final... I collected a lot of titles last week due to limited opposition :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Edit: I entered my four D2F predictions for this week in less than five minutes; not much time needed when you follow your gut-feeling without thinking too much.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jan Mon 08, 2018 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 12, 2018 11:44 am

Ac2Ace in the lead in both ATP events with only a final to be played :-)

And in Hobart, both Padawan and jdg0828 picked Mertens as uWP, so if she wins the final, then we look at new name(s) on the List of PGame Winners :-)

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Fri 12, 2018 11:54 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# LOL ... that's a miracle.. I randomly picked those guys... Have no clue who they are.. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I'll keep trying.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:Action in wk2 of PGame

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Jan Fri 12, 2018 2:12 pm

I was screwed by accidentally missing a round in Hobart. Sigh... And I learned my lesson the hard way with De Minaur. I'm not sure why but that kid bothers me, but I'll continue to pick him.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 12, 2018 2:17 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>93tennisroyalty</b>:</font>

De Minaur so far is for me the revelation of 2018.. and only 18y old..

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Jan Fri 12, 2018 3:43 pm

I don't know, something about his personality.

Grav, I wanted to ask you if you have any stats about the most picked scores in pdgame, such as what scores people generally enter? is it random? does it change with round? etc.

I think it'd be interesting to start tracking that.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 12, 2018 4:33 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>93tennisroyalty</b>:</font>

Haha, a few years ago I actually listed EVERY. 2 set win in WTA and ATP of a whole season; even the events and rounds that were not played in the PGames.

If I recall correctly the most frequent score was 6-4 6-3.
Makes sense: a player has to serve to stay in the match at 5-4, gets broken, and then the other starts with the first game and wins 6-3 if he breaks once up to the eight game.

Other scores were 6-3 6-2 and 6-2 6-2
And 7-6 6-2 (or 6-1) also: the one losing the TB often goes down rapidly...