PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Day 10.....Wimby

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:13 am

Venus' 1st serve was 79%

Woohoo :)

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:15 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

1000%

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:17 am

19 Winners to 9 UFE :O

Has Venus ever??

Woohoo :)

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:37 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Indeed, Grav', and this quality of play Venus has been exhibiting in this event is the way I've wanted to see Venus play since '99, for her matches had been characterized with just recklessness, error-laden with ridiculous errors on routine exchanges in rallies, excessive netters and overhits and high winners and ufes counts, even while winning events. In this event this is the best quality of tennis Venus has "ever" played for an "entire" tourney and she's doing this while looking scrawny and near-anorexic at "37" years of age, which makes this accomplishment even more remarkable. The last quality match I saw Venus play was Dubai 2010, where she beat Vika, displaying the type of tennis that, imo, no one on this Tour can play. "If" she displayed in this event the type of tennis I wanted to see from her since '99, we'd be talking about Venus being the best at this point in her career, not Serena, for she has a better game than her sister, covers the court better and is far better at the net. She's the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen in the women's game, followed by Petra K. Yet, this is the reality and it's good to see her in the final, for I was hardly expecting this type of play from her given her history and looking this scrawny, physically. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The Sisters and Roger are breaking new ground and setting precedents in tennis, for no one in the Open Era of tennis have accomplished what they have in their mid-30's and what Serena has done in her 30's, dominating the women's game since age 31, no one has come close. A remarkable era we have the pleasure of witnessing here in these players. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Good on Venus for what she has done here. If she wins the final, it'll be a record for the oldest player to win Wimby and a Grand Slam title "ever". Hope it happens. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Off-topic:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I see that Konta dissed Venus at the end. Didn't walk off with her as has been the tradition at the match end. Wonder if the topic will be broached in the media. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jul Thu 13, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:42 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

So this makes Konta two-faced in my book if she intended to diss Vee or was perhaps just overcome with emotion.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:45 am

One added factor, Venus plays extra well when 'defending' Serena, so we'll see in the final. The way she played Maria in 2005 was fueled by pure unadulterated vengeance on behalf of Serena.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:48 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#A player can be mad and/or disappointed after a loss, which is to be expected. But, you suck it up and walk off the court with the winner, just like Rafael and Simona did when they lost in their tight match. No excuse for what Johanna did in her home country in not supporting that tourney's tradition. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:52 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Plus, Andy had given her a blueprint to follow just yesterday. Perhaps too she was allowing Vee to soak up the praise unfettered.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Thu 13, 2017 11:08 am

"The crowd were very nice to me," added Williams. "The crowd were so fair, I know they love Jo. I think Jo handled the pressure.

"No point was easy. I tried to climb on top and get another point."

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 11:15 am

<font color="brown">@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

<i>I didn't see Andy's match. So, he did the same? </i>
Last edited by rex on Jul Fri 14, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.