PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

2017 USO Skan Contest

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Sat 26, 2017 11:44 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
Halep has not played well lately.. Her losses in Toronto in Cincinnati were horrible.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Reaching the SF and F of two P5s in two weeks is not that bad.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#OK, she lost badly in those matches, but her opponents were close to their best and did not gift UE's...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Maria is not close to her best...and will gift a lot of UE's... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Miss_Vee
Regular
Regular

Re:2017 USO Skan Contest

Post by Miss_Vee » Aug Sun 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Now, whom do I pick? I doubt Sasha Zverev is ready to win a Slam, best of 5, yet. But one never knows.....

And the women, oh goodness! None of them instill much confidence in me, that there is a clear favourite. Oh of course Garbine is being touted as the clear favourite, and although she had a great summer, it's not like she won Stanford, Toronto and Cincy....which would have been super difficult anyway. I really don't know whom to pick out of all the possibilities.

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Aug Mon 28, 2017 12:54 am

DDeetz wrote:Hi Peter!

Long time no see!! This may be my first Skantest in 2 years! :shock:

Hope all is well! :wink:

*DD* :wink:
Hi Deelia -

Nice to hear from you. Happy Skanning! :)

P
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Mon 28, 2017 7:23 am

#ed_op#span class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Manager: #ed_op#/b#ed_cl#  #ed_op#font color="red"#ed_cl#Miffedmax#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Team Name: #ed_op#/b#ed_cl#  The Legion of Blondes#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Points: #ed_op#font color="red"#ed_cl# 0#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="background-color:#ddcc88"#ed_cl#D=0 |V=0 |Q=0 |#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Roster:#ed_op#/b#ed_cl# (rank_sum=79)#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#table style="border: 1px solid #e3e3e3;" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#tbody#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#ffffff"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#ATP##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#3#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Roger Federer#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   0#ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#WTA##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#1#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Karolina Pliskova#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   0#ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#ffffff"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#ATP##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#11#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Milos Roanic (-)#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#WTA##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#9#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Venus Williams#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   0#ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#ffffff"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#ATP##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#17#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Jack Sock#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   0#ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#WTA-ns##ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#38#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl#Johanna Larsson#ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="genmed"#ed_cl#   0#ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tbody#ed_cl##ed_op#/table#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="gensmall"#ed_cl##ed_op#nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Total Active Players:#ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="red"#ed_cl# 5#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Raonic is Out#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/nobr#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Mon 28, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Mon 28, 2017 7:56 am

I'm in :)

Hey Deelia!!

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Aug Mon 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Where's all the trash talking ??? lol
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Mon 28, 2017 1:07 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>PeterSkan</b>:</font>

First we need some names to go out early...

And I guess that no one is really confident about their own picks, so the risk of getting egg on your face is too big.

I picked two personal faves (Kasatkina and Pouille) and no one else dis, so really an all-or-nothing team. My four others are 'safer' picks (Garbine, Badal,Federer, Svitolina).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Mon 28, 2017 6:38 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#PeterSkan#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;I was looking for the Mayor of District RU90..#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Missing In Action LOL LOL#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Kunalwalia
Senior
Senior

Post by Kunalwalia » Aug Mon 28, 2017 10:09 pm

25/83 teams have lost one player .... damn konta
If you want to protect your feet from hurt - wear slippers instead of trying to carpet the earth....

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Wed 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Got my complete team into R2, and my risky ATP'er is already in R3 (Pouille)....

WTA-wise, I was doubting between Kontaveit and Kasatkina, and went for Daria.
Good choice as she is into R2, and Annett isn't...