PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Day 7...Monday....Wimby

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 10, 2017 7:52 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I've seen it all since 3-2 Venus in the first.... no problems here with stream.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Venus has this in the pocket, because Konjuh will never break her. And you can only win the third set if you can break your opponent.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Venus will even win the TB if it gets that far; Konjuh cannot even force a mini-break in the TB :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Mon 10, 2017 7:52 am

Oh, it's back and Vee won the 1st Set. Got me scared there for a minute!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:Day 7...Monday....Wimby

Post by rex » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:00 am

Spike Lee in the House and sitting in Venus' box.

Woke up late and was switching all over (can't stand that). Watched my girl, Petra M., lose to Ribby in the 3rd. Missed the match 'til the 3rd. Petra got too cute on key points by not aggressively putting away volleys inside the service line and it cost her. Nice run, tho', for she's now in the top-100 and can qualify for Tour events, contingent upon tourney entry dates, but I think she now qualifies for main draw at the USO. Congrats to Ribby.

Simultaneously, watched the finish of O' winning in a tight 2nd set breaker with Svitolina, while switching with the Martic match. Good win for Alona and, as Grav', says backing up her French run. Nice.

Now, watching Venus handle Ana K. Don't like the anorexic look, but what Venus is not doing thus far in this event is being reckless and hitting a lot of balls into the net. Playing solid tennis off the ground in this event, thus far.

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior

Post by Skilletsauce » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:05 am

Venus is playing very well. Serving and returning with authority and not letting Konjuh find a rhythm at all. Best performance by Venus this fortnight so far. I think Venus is quite relieved now knowing she's not at fault for the accident in Florida.
Last edited by Skilletsauce on Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:07 am

And Muguruza ends the #1 reign from Kerber.

Halep or Pliskova will take over....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior

Post by Skilletsauce » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:11 am

The Kerber vs Garbine match was fabulous. Very high quality tennis from both players. Great fight and defense from Angelique, but Garbine stepped it up in a very hard fought 3rd set. If Kerber had a better serve the match would've been over a while ago.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:11 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Win or lose?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:14 am

Konta holding up much better than I thought she would. Osta too.

Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior

Post by Skilletsauce » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:15 am

Venus through in very fine form. Didn't waste much time in this match. Next up Ostapenko. That will be a delight. If she keeps this form up a sixth title could be a strong possibility.
Last edited by Skilletsauce on Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Mon 10, 2017 8:16 am

Forget Konta: Venus is the favorite for this title.

Interesting to see how Ostapenko will play against her.