Tournaments this week

Wimbledon SKAN is here

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re:Wimbledon SKAN is here

Post by Graveller » Jul Fri 07, 2017 2:56 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Joylan1#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I just checked and they are entered correct: 6-0 7-5 win against a non-seeded player.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jul Sat 08, 2017 3:17 pm

I can't help but think I am being robbed. I am the only player who team is fully intact and I am only in third place

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sat 08, 2017 5:36 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Joylan1</b>:</font>

Your players are not winning dominant enough...and points for advancing are limited in the first round.
I checked it: it is all correct...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 08, 2017 5:57 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Joylan1#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I also double checked earlier since you are the only one with the whole team intact at this stage. I thought there was a mistake in the scoring.... But no... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Congrat for a great selection!!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yes, all the scores are correct. As Graveller said, what is hurting your team right now is the players' positions.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#As a test, for any member of your team, check the total other&nbsp; teams are getting for the same position. The numbers are the same.&nbsp;It's all about the Domination points. Eventually, you will rise to the top if they keep winning.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I don't know how you avoided Pliskova and Kvitova.. :) Can you explain?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Everyone has at least one of them. You got some crystal ball? :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jul Sat 08, 2017 6:05 pm

I didn't didn't say the numbers are not correct, only I am being robbed. &#128512;

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:14 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Joylan1#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;:) and who do you think is robbing you. :) :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#That's funny.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:24 pm

I am just being done dramatic, although I think it must favor men. As they can collect more dominstion points for more sets compare to the women's.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:30 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Joylan1#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;no ... we fixed that problem years ago.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Men and Women are graded on 'normalized sets'. Meaning every match is converted to a 3-set match, before we apply the points.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#So men and women scores are treated with the same weight.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#But what you are saying was true in the early days of the game. Men were getting more points. Not any more.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#"Equal Pay" is real in the Skan Contest. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#For instance, Coco in position 1 on any team brings in 222 points. She is dominating.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Federer, in the same position, collect 195 points for his teams. It's all about who is dominating when&nbsp; the match is converted to 3-set.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#You can see all the Contributions for each player at any position, if you click on the "#ed_op#b#ed_cl#players' contributions#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#" link at the bottom of the Teams Page.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#You can double-check the scores by clicking on the "#ed_op#b#ed_cl#Match Scores#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#" link at the same location.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Ok, I am still in the running.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 08, 2017 7:51 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Joylan1#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;lol.. run, run, like wozniacki after badly losing a match. she said she did everything.. she ran and ran and ran,,, lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#you still have not revealed your secret. How did you stay away from both Pliskova and Kvitova?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#