PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

French Open Skan!!!

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jun Sat 03, 2017 2:36 pm

note to admins ... please don't post Round 4 scores until all Round 3's are done and I have a chance to download the data. Thanks
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:French Open Skan!!!

Post by rex » Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:06 am

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Ace,#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Peter asked that we do not input scores for the 4th rd 'til he has a chance to download the data. Thus, I went in and deleted the scores for the 4th that you inputted. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I assume he'll notify this thread when he has completed the download. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:20 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# oh come on.. I was not reading this and wondered why the scored were not there. I thought something was wrong.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Peter knows we can't do that. We talked about this before.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#When matches are over, people want to see the ranking. We can't wait 5 hours before entering the scores.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#There are links for individual Round Rankings at the bottom of the Ranking Page... We added that as a compromise after we had this discussion.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#So we can't go back on that compromise and hold the ranking hostage.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:25 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Well......I didn't know this. This is between you and him. Your game and your decision......#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:29 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# Sorry you didn't know.. But it's not 'my game and my decision'. This is something we've already openly discussed here and we found a compromise. It's not some dictatorship. I coded the individual ranking as a compromise. When Peter needed more data and is ready for his stats, he takes out the last scores he doesn't want, gets the data he wants and puts the scores right back. But we don't wait. The scores has to keep flowing in if a Commish is available to enter them.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I thought that was a closed debate.... long ago.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 04, 2017 9:37 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Again.....this is between you and him, for I wasn't a part of that discussion and don't know the compromise.#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jun Sun 04, 2017 10:10 am

I took out the scores to determine the R3 detailed rankings and put the scores back. Someone should double check for accuracy.

Incidentally, whoever put the Stosur loss back in had entered W24 for Ostapenko, but W24 is Stosur's ranking. What??? She was playing herself and losing ... typical Sam ... but, sorry - that's a no go!

Anyway, please check for typo's and we're good to go!

P

P.s. Thanks for the support, rex. This wouldn't be necessary if the round by round rankings, which I greatly appreciate, had the D V Q breakdown. Anyway, it's no biggie ... Ace has done a great job with the SKAN.
go firmly to the window

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jun Mon 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Round 3 ... JazzNU continues to lead the pack, on the strength of awesome Domination points. As of R3 there were only 2 fully intact teams:

*Pandacris
*Laughing Cavalier
go firmly to the window

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jun Tue 06, 2017 10:25 am

For some reason - I thought there was another day of Round 4 Action. Not so, so here we go /// with the R4 results. Pandacris surges to the lead as a result of being the only contestant with all 6 players surviving through the 4th round, which is really quite remarkable. Pandacris' full team comprises:

1. Nadal
2. Halep
3. Wawrinka
4. Pliskova
5. Mladenovic
6. Nishikori

Earlier I had remarked on how JazzNU was competing strongly despite having lost a player, due to very high domination points. So I took a look at the data to see what was behind this. Turns out JazzNu is the only contestant to have picked Cilic, and placed high up in the #2 seeding. That's been the difference for JazzNU. Well played!
go firmly to the window

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jun Wed 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Quarterfinals are done, and Pandacris has widened the lead ... substantially, and with four of the semi-finalists in hand will be tough to catch.

Which tier are you in?
go firmly to the window