PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

French Open Skan!!!

Building competitive mixed ATP-WTA teams for the Grand Slams
rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Sun 28, 2017 11:02 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Noted that no one picked Kvitova...
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Why would that be surprising, given that Petra hasn't played a match this year, is returning from an assault that could've preempted her career, was unsure that she would participate up to 2 days ago and with no match play, doubts about her being physically ready to compete? Likely, participants considered some if not all of those factors, for it's the only reasons why Petra isn't on my team. Now, that I've seen that she's ready, willing and able to play, she'll definitely be on my Wimby team, as well as Vika. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Re the Skan contest, what "is" surprising is that only one person selected Angie for their team, a player ranked "numero uno", which must be a lst in the Skan's history.#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on May Sun 28, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sun 28, 2017 11:44 am

Wow, so happy for Bukakcay .. Finally she wins a match. lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I have Baroni in my team but still happy.. She was last in my team so it doesn't hurt. My team is still fine.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Buyukakcay needed a win badly. Glad she gone one. Mission accomplished !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#She can bail out in her next match. :) 
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Sun 28, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » May Sun 28, 2017 12:13 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Kvitova was on a roll before her injury, and the rest of the top 10 is in shambles.
I expected at least a few of her fans to have taken the risk
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sun 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Didn't know Lucic withdrew from Strasbourg due to injury... Would not have selected her for the Skan.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Sun 28, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sun 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Ocean Dodin is one French girl I will add to my crew..#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Who serves more DF than Giorgi? lol.. the girl got mighty serve !!! But got to work on the 2nd serve.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The ground strokes are biting from both sides.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And she is pretty too.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Sun 28, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Sun 28, 2017 12:54 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Agreed that Petra was on a roll in Asia, but her physical condition was severely altered by the assault and the stress fracture in her foot since then, with medical advice casting doubt on the continuation of her career, which still looms on the horizon contingent on how her hand holds up in the next match or couple of matches, coupled with the fact that she hasn't played since November. So, given those circumstance f#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#ans of Petra are just being reasonable in their non-selection for the Skan, just as fans of Angie and Andy (only 3participants selected him for their team) are being reasonable in not selecting 2 #1 ranked players for their team, given how badly ineffective they've been this year, taking into consideration recent match play, or in Petra's case no match play at all and lingering suspicion regarding her readiness. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div class="itanywhere-activator" title="Google Translator Anywhere" style="left: 896px; top: 170px; display: none;"#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on May Sun 28, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » May Sun 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Can't believe some gamers picked kerber and baroni on their team. Smh

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sun 28, 2017 10:07 pm

I picked Baroni. I was the only one.. I didn't know she withdrew from Strasbourg due to injuries. :(#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Agree that selecting Kerber made no sense.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Sun 28, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:French Open Skan!!!

Post by rex » May Mon 29, 2017 9:24 am

Uh.......would either Grav' or Ace modify my Skan team by changing Novak's rank from 3 to 2? Thanks..... :oops:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Mon 29, 2017 9:34 am

Done ... In the old days, this was not allowed.. But about 3 years ago, we changed the rules to show more flexibility. LaughinCavalier is one of the prominent victims. :( He will come screaming bloody murder. lol lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Mon 29, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.