Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Barty ... Wait, what?

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Fri 25, 2022 6:13 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Mar Fri 25, 2022 4:34 pm
maybe there is a wedding in the cards
Likely as she got engaged in November. Still strange. I'm with Naomi, it's weird.

Joylan1
Junior
Junior

Post by Joylan1 » Mar Fri 25, 2022 11:24 pm

I hope this isn't a attempt to cover up steroid issues. Remember when many thought that was the case with Henin who suddenly announce her retirement.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Sat 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Joylan1 wrote:
Mar Fri 25, 2022 11:24 pm
I hope this isn't a attempt to cover up steroid issues. Remember when many thought that was the case with Henin who suddenly announce her retirement.
Joylan1 wrote:
Mar Fri 25, 2022 11:24 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two players whose big strength is/was skill/technique and not power, are accused by an American of using steroids. Ironically, America produces nothing but muscled power players.
Hey, It has been only 3 weeks since an American player got banned for 4 years (Lepchenko).

And as far as I know, neither Henin or Barty did ever hide in a panic room when they were visited unexpectedly at home for a test. Imagine the outrage from Joylan if that had ever happened…
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 27, 2022 4:34 pm

Graveller wrote:
Mar Sat 26, 2022 12:34 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two players whose big strength is/was skill/technique and not power, are accused by an American of using steroids. Ironically, America produces nothing but muscled power players.
Hey, It has been only 3 weeks since an American player got banned for 4 years (Lepchenko).

And as far as I know, neither Henin or Barty did ever hide in a panic room when they were visited unexpectedly at home for a test. Imagine the outrage from Joylan if that had ever happened…
'Steroids' is a catchall phrase for PEDs in general, many of which involve speedy recovery, increase in endurance and oxygenation, as well as muscle strength, growth, repair, etc, etc, etc. PEDs come in many forms. When someone says 'steroids' they mean all forms of performance enhancing drugs and procedures.

As for Juicy, she complained on European TV in the early 2000s how 'unfair and unlevel' the playing field is for her because she's smaller than some of the others and is therefore at a disadvantage. Yet, in no time, she dominated them over an extended period of time, overpowering and outlasting them. What happened? Improved technique?

As for Barty, she left the sport once before, frustrated with her game, i.e, lack of improvement and success (analogous to Juicy's woes). She however came back and somehow rose to GS glory and the No. 1 ranking. What's the secret? The miracle? Now, she's gone again, right after claiming the elusive AO title. She didn't even play another match.

Let's just keep in mind what the WADA (the World Anti-Doping Agency) has said. During the pandemic, it had become almost impossible to test athletes and the athletes knew that. More and more, they've been getting back to normal levels.

Hey, they could both be innocent of my speculations, but their actions are just too anomalous to be taken as offered.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Mar Wed 30, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 28, 2022 8:26 am

Two words: panic room.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

serenarulz09
Senior
Senior

Post by serenarulz09 » Mar Tue 29, 2022 9:56 am

Both Juicestine and Barty both retire and have their name removed from the rankings. When Justine did this I really found it weird and now Barty does it. Maybe this is a common thing for people who retire? But it still seems fishy.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Wed 30, 2022 8:29 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Mar Sun 27, 2022 4:34 pm
As for Juicy, she complained On European TV in the early 2000s how 'unfair and unlevel' the paying field is for her because she's smaller than some of the others and is therefore at a disadvantage. Yet, in no time, she dominated them over an extended period of time, overpowering and outlasting them. What happened? Improved technique?
I remember very well as if it happened this morning: it's Kim Clijsters and her father that ran the rumor of Justine using performance drug.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Fri 01, 2022 9:41 am

serenarulz09 wrote:
Mar Tue 29, 2022 9:56 am
Both Juicestine and Barty both retire and have their name removed from the rankings. When Justine did this I really found it weird and now Barty does it. Maybe this is a common thing for people who retire? But it still seems fishy.
It is called 'closure'. The player retires, so why would he/she wants to remain on the ranking? If they would care the slightest bit about the #1 position, they would not retire in the first place.